• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got a battery operated rotisary, it's meant to go over a camp fire but a little messing and it goes over the Barbie, boned stuffed with apples and jerk past then rolled belly of pork, on the left

Well the spit arrived so I decided to use it on my half barrel BBQ so I welded some hollow steel tubes to the legs with drilled holes and 8 mill bolts so that I can higher and lower the spit dependant

I will say food does taste better cooked over a open fire and every meal i ate for a couple of years when i had a bow top wagon i cooked on a open fire but i just can't cope with the taste of smoked s

Posted Images

Just trying to be helpful mate,but put a spit to the side of a fire and not over the top of it then the fat won't drip into the fire and make it stink,also try not to have to add unburnt wood to a cooking fire as that's what blackens things and also makes it taste smokey..?

• Like 4
Just now, j j m said:

looks good mate

Tasted incredible mate seems to retain a lot more moisture than cooking over the grill, normally first attempts are a bit hit and miss but this was a screaming success judging by the lack of meat left over I might get a sandwhich if I,m lucky 

1 minute ago, fireman said:

Just trying to be helpful mate,but put a spit to the side of a fire and not over the top of it then the fat won't drip into the fire and make it stink,also try not to have to add unburnt wood to a cooking fire as that's what blackens things and also makes it taste smokey..?

Fat dripping into the fire and a taste of smoke are what you cook over an open fire for mate, I also ran out of charcoal hence the logs but it was still the best tasting chicken I,ve done in years, the pork roll is always nice but the spit is another level, recon I,ll be out there all winter on it as well 

• Like 2

I will say food does taste better cooked over a open fire and every meal i ate for a couple of years when i had a bow top wagon i cooked on a open fire but i just can't cope with the taste of smoked stuff ?,good one though and i have said to my misses i'm going to build a fire pit in the garden as it is a hard one to beat sitting around a little open fire..

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, fireman said:

I will say food does taste better cooked over a open fire and every meal i ate for a couple of years when i had a bow top wagon i cooked on a open fire but i just can't cope with the taste of smoked stuff ?,good one though and i have said to my misses i'm going to build a fire pit in the garden as it is a hard one to beat sitting around a little open fire..

I’m toying with a fire pit in the corner , and I do have this ?

image.jpg

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, fireman said:

Wow how lucky you were living in a bow top mate I tip my cap to you ??

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, socks said:

Have you got a picture and a name for the spit ?

There you go mate, got it from Amazon the spit sits in the square hole on the box, it runs on batterys or mains and all folds down into a little cloth bag for transport 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I’m toying with a fire pit in the corner , and I do have this ?

image.jpg

Wouldn’t bother mate tried that .dont last too long get your self down truck yard get a steel wheel off a artic truck.

• Like 1