COLLIE X GREYHOUNDS...ENDANGERED SPECIES...

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Get collie lurcher then mate instead collie grey, cos that an breedin ye one look like best options from where I’m sat?

i'd rather start with just collie x grey and if i find after time i need a splash of summit else then you can add to it if needed.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I often read threads concerning collie crosses with a degree of confusion . More to do with the sometimes negative comments that relate to the border collie , and often mention is made of the far supe

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some

I think you are right there Roybo... I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to w

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, japs eye said:

well the endangered statement was obviously just tongue in cheek but straight collie x grey puppies arent out there unless you go to hancocks.

if you want a straight collie grey f1, it wont have working parents, well not the kind of work you need.

5 minutes ago, two crows said:

if you want a straight collie grey f1, it wont have working parents, well not the kind of work you need.

i wouldnt turn down a pup out of a good hard working hill collie to a coursing greyhound though.

10 minutes ago, two crows said:

joking aside if I wanted something collie ish for rabbiting I would not mind something like phil loyd has.

ye ive spoke to phil and although his dogs are great im looking for something with a little more leg.

• Like 1

Me and the misses have been talking and I’m gone be Toning it down after the pup I got now and something like Phil Lloyd’s would do nice 22ish small enough to have around the house either that or a beddy whippet type 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, japs eye said:

5/8 3/8 ideally but 3/4 bred or racey 1st cross i would consider.

Tbh mate I think these are all beginners crosses people that were dedicated an worked them have bred further on than this I think your going to struggle after the bull x in everything phase trying to get the exact % your after unless you visit David handjob good luck anyway. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Oh whats wrong wi these people

Over here people use collie/grey to tone down the headbanging attitude of their bull crosses and to improve the daft looking duck feet. You should try it.:rofl:

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Maybe they are "endangered" because as you say people want pups out of working parents ,

And unless working sheep or racing is working you will struggle .

Coupled with the fact that some add something else that they feel a first cross maybe missing, 

Or maybe they just ain't wanted any more.

I think you are right there Roybo...:yes:

I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to want a far more athletic style of running dog...The genuine F1 hybrid twixt a sheepdog and a Greyhound would still suit me, but I feel I am in the minority...

Facts are, if such an easily produced hybrid was required, on masse, by the lurcher fraternity,..there would be no shortage of them...

The situation speaks for itself really...?

Wee Maggie, a pup I sent down to North Devon...

1363590729_DSC01991maggie.thumb.jpg.f7f967f5a931c95e68fca26f42218e36.jpg

• Like 13