Protection Dogs ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good protection dogs them Chihuahuas I got my daughter one then that got a protection dog lol

I know a lot of trainers in the security/protection dog industry and the money that gets charged for some right old shit is unbelievable.There seems to be more bullshitters and f***ing idiots in that

Exactly right.Everyone likes the idea of having a dog that can do what you see the Mali's doing in the YouTube clips but the truth of the matter is 99% of people wouldnt have the time or the knowledge

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Just while out with mine i see more gsd,herder and malinois types.seems around here there popular with the polish.

Went ferreting once at a kennels where they bred malinois for the police and forces.holy f**k they were a different breed to anything i'd seen before.i was surprised and scared.i'm the 1st to admit i could never give a mally enough stimulation or work.

A local fireman near me has 'done his research' and decided to buy a pup for the family. It's already starting to trash his wife's 'Parade Of Homes' kind of house decor. Now while I've seen these dogs appropriated by local PD and private security, I'm the same. I couldn't give one enough work to justify the ownership. The problem I see is that YouTube security videos combined the Dunning-Krueger Effect is pushing the supply and demand of this breed. Price goes up. The current quality drops as the peddlers become involved and it's only a matter of time before we're laughing at some orange lass getting dragged down the street by one, or worse as they're dragging some kiddy around the party in front of an iPhone film crew.

How long before the law's changed?

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

They are a liability if not given Work regularly 

none of this too wet , grounds too hard ormoon states , they would f***ing be climbing the walls 

1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

A local fireman near me has 'done his research' and decided to buy a pup for the family. It's already starting to trash his wife's 'Parade Of Homes' kind of house decor. Now while I've seen these dogs appropriated by local PD and private security, I'm the same. I couldn't give one enough work to justify the ownership. The problem I see is that YouTube security videos combined the Dunning-Krueger Effect is pushing the supply and demand of this breed. Price goes up. The current quality drops as the peddlers become involved and it's only a matter of time before we're laughing at some orange lass getting dragged down the street by one, or worse as they're dragging some kiddy around the party in front of an iPhone film crew.

How long before the law's changed?

Yep those you tube videos had me thinking and looking for an excuse to get one.

i don't see them as guard dogs,get a gsd.malinois are attack dogs and need to work everyday for hours.

They will be the next chavs dog of choice.maybe they should be banned to the general public.!?!?!?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

They will be the next chavs dog of choice.maybe they should be banned to the general public.!?!?!?

That's a tough one. Do you risk another DDA on decent law-abiding people? Or do you go the full information route and defer to the experienced handlers?

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's a tough one. Do you risk another DDA on decent law-abiding people? Or do you go the full information route and defer to the experienced handlers?

I don't like new laws.only murder,sex abuse and thieving are against the law in my book.so no ban because who ever gets one will soon realise there to much dog when its eaten its owners kids.word will spread.job done.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, socks said:

British army tried mali's and binned them .... way to much dog for most people ........

A friend of mine ran the Met Dog programme for many years and still gives seminars all over the world to different police/security forces.He said they tried Mali's/European line Shepherds and said both were too much for the police as they spend 80% of a shift in the back of a vehicle spinning in circles barking their heads off.

• Like 1

I've got a Mali, and believe me those vids are a true reflection of the breed., they need serious amounts of stimulation and work.

It would take some bloke to be able to stop one, am sure they do not feel pain. Not for the feint hearted that's for sure, but once a bond has formed they would die for you.

• Like 1

Outside of police / prisons, how does it work using malinois type protection trained dogs to guard a home or business in the UK? Outside of the deterrent effect of a barking dog that alerts it's handler to someone in the  yard or garden, what can they do? Surely if the dog were to hold a trespasser like in those bite suit videos, the owner would be wide open to a prosecution under UK law.

A friend of mine had a bull mastiff and a Rottweiler for guard dogs. Both were soft as owt and lovely dogs but you wouldn't climb the gate if u saw them. I considered a mastiff when we moved to the sticks mainly for times when I' not there but we ended up with a chocolate lab. She wouldn't do anything to an intruder unless she took them out with her wagging tail.

2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Last week and load on here said they' stop a dog attacking them with all sorts like eye poking and crap .... I'd love to see someone remove him

There is a world of difference between that and a fat amstaff going wild atvthe Park shh

i stand by what I said , maybe the men I know and are friends with are a bit more capable of being men then your circle , who knows but not a chance would anything less than that be bothering my family , dogs or myself if I was out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1