Right time to bring a dog on?

9 minutes ago, Black neck said:

It teaches nothing

It teaches a dog how to anticipate a rabbits moves and will also help coordination. It's not ideal no and very unsporting but if it helps to give the dog a bit of confidence then there's no harm. Remember the Rabbit is a pest.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asking when a dog is ready is like asking how long is a piece of string. They are all completely different and even litter mates will be ready to start at different ages. Dogs mature mentally And phys

Using droppers is like loosing your cherry to a brass. You may well catch something but you woudn't tell your mates. And wont help you pull any women in the future.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

It teaches a dog how to anticipate a rabbits moves and will also help coordination. It's not ideal no and very unsporting but if it helps to give the dog a bit of confidence then there's no harm. Remember the Rabbit is a pest.

At last a guy with some sense after all you are training the dog eh or are all youre dogs out n out hunters from leaving the fanny of its mother comes out with a slip lead attached n lamp in mouth begging you to take it out know it all's who seem to know f**k all 

4 hours ago, TALKCHEAP said:

as soon as it can walk, and if it can't keep with you on a steady 3  mile walk when its 10 weeks old get rid of it

This is my personal choice from when they are very young and just let to run free and watch and take everything in, not everyones cup of tea but suits me , not the steady walk part thou and getting rid of lol

13 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Each to their own pal

7 minutes ago, Scafflad1 said:

At last a guy with some sense after all you are training the dog eh or are all youre dogs out n out hunters from leaving the fanny of its mother comes out with a slip lead attached n lamp in mouth begging you to take it out know it all's who seem to know f**k all 

2 guys with no sense. Both admitting breaking the law on an open forum. 

As for a sporting. If you catch, it either kill it ASAP or let it go for another day. You owe it that regardless of being a pest or whatever other thick headed excuse you see to justify it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

some of the ideas are ok ,but then you ask you self will it make it a better dog in years to come,and the answer to that is, none what so ever

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

This is my personal choice from when they are very young and just let to run free and watch and take everything in, not everyones cup of tea but suits me , not the steady walk part thou and getting rid of lol

That's what I've always done. Out with the pup for a mooch with a busher, something will eventually happen and come right. I ain't judging the lad and if he's struggling to get any work then i can't see any harm in it on the odd occasion.

Edited by Kerny92