everyone i seen dug or been dug infront of lads who i trust, has been average at best,no different to a beddy ,border and couldn't hold a candle to a tidy Russell or black dog.lots of lads swapped over to them,payed big money....they won't admit how shite they really are so not to lose face....excuse after excuse....dogs don't lie😉

• Like 2

They were ORIGINALY bred to take their place in a world ran by the Master Race. Anything that was not Germanic would be destroyed. Says something about how the Nazis viewed the English. They liked the Fox Terrier so it must have Germanic origins . Regarded the white colour as the wrong colour so basically endeavoured to breed a black and tan Fox Terrier. Says something about the Nazis that they seemed to of not been aware of the Welsh or Lakeland Terrier.

Jagds are direct descendant of Welsh and Lakeland terriers.I grew up with this breed and spent hours talking to guys who butcher the English language worse than me.That is the only jag I have.I am not a fan of the breed overall.Yall do know to be bred from in Germany they have to successfully dig a badger kill a fox and bay a hog.They keep a line of non sanction terriers that are too small to be registered most of them are bred strictly for digging. As the old saying goes jack of all trades master of none.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 07:44, Daniel cain said:

It might do 5 mins then come away for a drink:whistling:

about like me on a dig these days ....

• Haha 1

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:22, Matthew Phillips said:

Shame that people knock Jagd Terriers. I have a Jagd Terrier X Patterdale that does everything above ground; stalking, retrieving, flushing, wild fowling, blood trails... Those who haven't got the ability to train a dog correctly will just keep buying dogs and getting rid of them at will. You only ever get out what you put in...

yours aint a jagd though its a pat x ..

Edited by sid g
  • Like 1

I can't see the point in jagd terriers,patts for people who dig and russells are enough(too much sometimes) for bushing and general terrier work around a farm.A lot of hunters here,mostly pig hunters find the jagd noisy and just too much to be around and end up getting rid of them.I think there better off left to the hunters of boar in Europe who like their suicidal hunting style.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:49, eastcoast said:

They were ORIGINALY bred to take their place in a world ran by the Master Race. Anything that was not Germanic would be destroyed. Says something about how the Nazis viewed the English. They liked the Fox Terrier so it must have Germanic origins . Regarded the white colour as the wrong colour so basically endeavoured to breed a black and tan Fox Terrier. Says something about the Nazis that they seemed to of not been aware of the Welsh or Lakeland Terrier.

Also the same people that bred the jagd terrier also bred those cows, aulochs, trying to recreate the ancient wild cows of Europe, does the words dreamers come to mind?