29 minutes ago, Dabhand said:

Ai ffs dnt mention cork whites or them AC ones there be a 20 pager ahead

I never actually mentioned them, u did lol well done u pulled the pin to the hand Gernade haha ūüėā¬†

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shame that people knock Jagd Terriers. I have a Jagd Terrier X Patterdale that does everything above ground; stalking, retrieving, flushing, wild fowling, blood trails... Those who haven't got the ability to train a dog correctly will just keep buying dogs and getting rid of them at will. You only ever get out what you put in...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matthew Phillips said:

Shame that people knock Jagd Terriers. I have a Jagd Terrier X Patterdale that does everything above ground; stalking, retrieving, flushing, wild fowling, blood trails... Those who haven't got the ability to train a dog correctly will just keep buying dogs and getting rid of them at will. You only ever get out what you put in...

Can’t make a silk purse from a pile of dog shit and you can’t make a terrier stay till dug to if it doesn’t want to no matter what you put in it . Can be Cesar Milan and if dog wants to walk it will 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Matthew Phillips said:

What you describe is what the dog was bred for .Some seem to think earthwork, proper digging comes into that category but been proved over and over they arnt up the job we expect here .If  bushing and blood trailing is your thing then why not but don't forget the advice here if its earthwork you want .

• Like 4

I cold pull any housing estate dog out and I have done and make a good bushing dog out of it with work and experience. A complete digging dog is a big no. Has anybody actually imported the real deal single handed digging dog. I bet they are harder get than a good border terrier to get. Usual story they make a good fox dog. £500 please with papers. Some black dogs gifted for free are culled even when they can do just the same. Same as the white dogs from cork. Single handed digging dogs but also have a brilliant nose above ground and not afraid of cover. Seen them flush pheasants like a spaniel. I'd keep a failed white dog to bush with rather than pay 1000 to import a similar dog.

Edited by jiggy
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Matthew Phillips said:

yeh  with the last sentence  but that with any type of dog. yeh what you say above regards them prob true , and if you look at what there used for in Germany  more than anything , is hunting wild boar, which they do very well at  that baying / holding .Now what these people are on about is earth dogs, and people use dogs good at that job, dogs proven and tested .  i not a terrier man, but been at few digs  now and then, and pats were the main breed being used and the odd jack , but as you say for above ground they do ok , but so would  good leggy  jack , and prob cheaper  than them jagd dogs .

On 23/12/2018 at 17:22, Matthew Phillips said:

You only get out of a dog what is in it !!

• Like 5

I know a couple of boys who have had jagd terriers imported 3 of them i know of are being dug regular although they have been very shallow easy places, but they are very noisy both in the field and in the kennel and they only seem to want to do one thing while underground and that can only last for so long?

Got offered a jagd bitch last night but I'm not after anything for a few months really and would only want a ratter a little Jack Russell or something similar I was thinking about it but I read this and it's not for me a jagd 

My dad bred and raised jagds here in America.When he packed it in I went got a bitch she can do the job of 3 minkhounds 2 lurchers and stay till dug.BUT most are better suited for hogs. They are like any other terrier most are bred from culls which lower your percentage.A good un should hunt up Charlie then go to ground and bring him back lol.i have never bred this bitch to another jagd.Just playing devil's advocate.This is legal quarry in my state in USA. 3 hours in collapsing sand getting dentistwork .All men and dogs are not created equal.

13924.jpeg

She can do the job of 3 mink hounds 2 lurchers ......you talk as much shite as that king does !

• Haha 1