Putange mole trapping

4 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

with correct modification

Putange traps need no modification. They are efficient and humane killing tool straight out of the box.

I'll be honest with you mate I think that you're talking the biggest load of bullocks I've heard in a long long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Torquemada said:

Putange traps need no modification. They are efficient and humane killing tool straight out of the box.

I'll be honest with you mate I think that you're talking the biggest load of bullocks I've heard in a long long time.

Please feel free to differ, fella ? that's what the forums for ? I don't claim to be any expert , & can admit , if I get things wrong. My ego isn't that big you see. I'm satisfied with what IM doing, and that's it,  & i don't currently need no putange !  (I've said before that wee french trap looks as though it packs a punch , for what it is ? but I'm guessing , & you will know better than me if you use them ?)

Edited by earth-thrower
3 hours ago, Torquemada said:

Incidentally,  "they are efficient and humane killing tool straight out of the box" ? ,....I thought i learned that you secure the trigger somehow, as far as the distance where you place it between the prongs, is concerned, to help ensure a suitable catch  ,.........would that be right ?

27 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Incidentally,  "they are efficient and humane killing tool straight out of the box" ? ,....I thought i learned that you secure the trigger somehow, as far as the distance where you place it between the prongs, is concerned, to help ensure a suitable catch  ,.........would that be right ?

One of the issues the guild raised with the Putange trap was it didn’t allow for seasonal/size variation of moles

quite the opposite the Putange is the only trap that can be set to trigger at variable sizes 

You secure the trigger to stop it being lost

they also took issue with that fact you have to stake the trap to stop it being dragged away

not so 

it’s staked so the mole can push against the trigger and not push the trap away from itself

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

One of the issues the guild raised with the Putange trap was it didn’t allow for seasonal/size variation of moles

quite the opposite the Putange is the only trap that can be set to trigger at variable sizes 

they also took issue with that fact you have to stake the trap to stop it being dragged away

not so 

it’s staked so the mole can push against the trigger and not push the trap away from itself

Yes , i see what your saying here, overall, but you cant guarantee what size mole your targeting as far as your first point is concerned ?

48 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

So you still tinker with it a little, or is it not essential ?

Just now, earth-thrower said:

Yes , i see what your saying here, overall, but you cant guarantee what size mole your targeting as far as your first point is concerned ?

Which was why I couldn’t understand why the guild made an issue of it

but they did

in theory when they fatten up you could set they triggers deeper but once you find where to set a Putange trigger it generally never fails to kill cleanly all year round

• Like 1
Just now, tilimangro said:

Which was why I couldn’t understand why the guild made an issue of it

but they did

in theory when they fatten up you could set they triggers deeper but once you find where to set a Putange trigger it generally never fails to kill cleanly all year round

Really interesting, stuff,..

1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

So you still tinker with it a little, or is it not essential ?

Some Putanges come with marks on the arms to show you where to set the triggers

i wouldn’t say people “tinker “ with them

theyre good to go from the off set

Just now, earth-thrower said:

I see,...

You say never used them or wanted too 

I inderstand that but as it’s near Xmas (season of goodwill)If you wanted to try some id happily send you an old pair of mine and a setting tool  so you can play around with them 

proof is in the pudding and all that

offers there mate

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, tilimangro said:

I inderstand that but as it’s near Xmas (season of goodwill)If you wanted to try some id happily send you an old pair of mine and a setting tool  so you can play around with them 

offers there mate

May be he will lend you that DVD in return..

4 hours ago, tilimangro said:

not so 

I always peg mine so they can't be pushed by the mole... If it can't be pushed the mole will be caught and no need to drag the trap away..it should be dead.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, tilimangro said:

offers there mate

You know, that's very good of you to offer, and thanks,... but im stuck in my ways now & the future for me commercial mole trapping is very uncertain, cause my circumstances have changed recently. Also the volume of mole work here, isn't quite what it used to be, so any money (to be made) isn't as easy got now, & i can see it probably going downhill for me , as i go on for a while longer.  Iol. I can tell this as well cause I seem to be happy setting this modern version of the old wooden barrel trap, (for enjoyment) which takes me a fair bit longer to set than a Duffus, etc (& ive just commissioned a few more  !)