Putange mole trapping

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

On 03/11/2018 at 10:03, tilimangro said:

If that happens and you’re willing I would like to see a copy 

happy to pay postage etc

I enquired direct there for you, by the way ?,...dont think hes interested in sending you the film,.....& suggested lets hear your & the rests evidence, about the actual cause of death, your preference of trap inflicts on the mole ?    lol

Just now, earth-thrower said:

I enquired direct there for you, by the way ?,...dont think hes interested in sending you the film,.....& suggested lets hear your & the rests evidence, about the actual cause of death, your preference of trap inflicts on the mole ?    lol

Well I’m not surprised 

I told you that earlier in the thread

the onus is on him to prove what we are saying is wrong

not on me to provide him with what is already out there

If he had nothing to hide he’d be happy for anyone to see his little propaganda dvd

blokes a c**t

he categorically does not speak for molecatchers

thanks for trying/asking 

all the best

3 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Well I’m not surprised 

I told you that earlier in the thread

the onus is on him to prove what we are saying is wrong

not on me to provide him with what is already out there

If he had nothing to hide he’d be happy for anyone to see his little propaganda dvd

blokes a c**t

he categorically does not speak for molecatchers

thanks for trying/asking 

all the best

Its a pity , mate. Try your best to source a copy, cause as far as i know Natural England , Mammal Society, Countryfile, DEFRA, & loads more bodies, have been sent it ? (even the wildlife trusts,....i would contact any of the them & express your interest as a mole contoller, see if they would oblige you ?)

7 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Its a pity , mate. Try your best to source a copy, cause as far as i know Natural England , Mammal Society, Countryfile, DEFRA, & loads more bodies, have been sent it ? (even the wildlife trusts,....i would contact any of the them & express your interest as a mole contoller, see if they would oblige you ?)

Thanks I will

i appreciate you pointing me inthe right direction

sadly none of this is actually being done with the moles best at heart

ive been aware of what they’re up to with this for a long time

theyve been ignored a lot except by the tree huggers

there are no plans to have a trap approval for moles for the foreseeable as it’s nigh on impossible to test given the situation

you know the sad thing is I would be very pro having a trap approval for moles as in banning Chinese shit being sold and most trappers would too

but that’s not enough for  the guild and in doing so they’ve alienated themselves once again and pissed a lot of people off again

If they had molecatchers interest at heart they’d be ok with anyone seeing what they’re up to but just like last time they’re doing everything behind everyone’s backs yet claiming to have their best interest at heart

I actually wish i was more educated on the matters presented in the film, then i could perhaps be absolutely (100%) certain, where i stood exactly. ,.....but it was convincing ? It goes into alot of detail on the moles anatomy, etc , with a plus size model of a moles skeleton, to help demonstrate. Alot about types of trap strikes, by the different traps, & possible causes of death, this would bring about ? talk about force required in a spring, etc,  best place for a mole to be struck with the correct force, so it can expire with the least amount of suffering, etc, Alot of medical terms used to describe the effect & action of all this on the moles body ?,......think it was also conducted with the inclusion of vets also ?   

23 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Thanks I will

i appreciate you pointing me inthe right direction

sadly none of this is actually being done with the moles best at heart

ive been aware of what they’re up to with this for a long time

theyve been ignored a lot except by the tree huggers

there are no plans to have a trap approval for moles for the foreseeable as it’s nigh on impossible to test given the situation

you know the sad thing is I would be very pro having a trap approval for moles as in banning Chinese shit being sold and most trappers would too

but that’s not enough for  the guild and in doing so they’ve alienated themselves once again and pissed a lot of people off again

If they had molecatchers interest at heart they’d be ok with anyone seeing what they’re up to but just like last time they’re doing everything behind everyone’s backs yet claiming to have their best interest at heart

Now , i actually am interested on your perspective regarding all this,...truly,......but im just wondering is it wise for me to keep it all going with you, cause (obviously perhaps ?) im going to take exception to some of what you put here ?   ha ha

I actually wish i was more educated on the matters presented in the film, then i could perhaps be absolutely (100%) certain, where i stood exactly. ,.....but it was convincing ? It goes into alot of detail on the moles anatomy, etc , with a plus size model of a moles skeleton, to help demonstrate. Alot about types of trap strikes, by the different traps, & possible causes of death, this would bring about ? talk about force required in a spring, etc,  best place for a mole to be struck with the correct force, so it can expire with the least amount of suffering, etc, Alot of medical terms used to describe the effect & action of all this on the moles body ?,......think it was also conducted with the inclusion of vets also ?   

So as I mentioned earlier there has only been one impartial  unbiased study done on mole catching/mole traps and strikes etc and the results were completely inconclusive

if vets were used in this dvd(which only some people are allowed to see) they would have been biased

there has been one study done already and it’s a very difficult thing to do

theyre currently seeking funding for another study and fingers crossed it goes ahead

the fee for the current rodent voluntary trap approval is £6000

thats to have your trap tested and approved as humane

but they’ve admitted they cannot test for moles

If Jeff was so confident he could win milers over with what he’s put on his dvd it would be widely available but it’s not 

Pretty much every Putange or talpex kill I’ve had have been instant

theyve been in the two main areas required for a clean instant kill

majority of trappers will tell you the same

weak springed barrels I’ve seen way too many bad catches on line with 

Now , i actually am interested on your perspective regarding all this,...truly,......but im just wondering is it wise for me to keep it all going with you, cause (obviously perhaps ?) im going to take exception to some of what you put here ?   ha ha

I’m genuinely not interested in a pissing match mate

im also going to take exception to what you say 

but it doesn’t mean we have to fall out

in my eyes anyway

5 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

So as I mentioned earlier there has only been one impartial  unbiased study done on mole catching/mole traps and strikes etc and the results were completely inconclusive

if vets were used in this dvd(which only some people are allowed to see) they would have been biased

there has been one study done already and it’s a very difficult thing to do

theyre currently seeking funding for another study and fingers crossed it goes ahead

the fee for the current rodent voluntary trap approval is £6000

thats to have your trap tested and approved as humane

but they’ve admitted they cannot test for moles

If Jeff was so confident he could win milers over with what he’s put on his dvd it would be widely available but it’s not 

Pretty much every Putange or talpex kill I’ve had have been instant

theyve been in the two main areas required for a clean instant kill

majority of trappers will tell you the same

weak springed barrels I’ve seen way too many bad catches on line with 

Your good here, (honestly),.....& you seem well capable of debating this with the man himself ?