Putange mole trapping

12 hours ago, tilimangro said:

let me clarify for the hard of understanding(looking at you here)

if an uninjured mole is at risk of death after four hours in a live catch trap

you can guarentee an injured mole wont last anywhere near as long as that

Very clever then,.... but how long it takes a mole to succumb in a live trap, isnt all that relevant here ? and as far as i was aware there was no membership subscription for the guild, you said there was & it was more expensive than your clubs ?? ,.......and finally , what Jeffs up to hasnt affected my mole catching , & im never gonna let it, whether i agree or disagree with what happens in future ?   (you get my drift ?) ,.....all the best mate, im gonna miss you, cause your  patter is growing on me, now  ?    ha ha ha

Edited by earth-thrower

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

im going to be honest i dont get what youre on about as regards live traps  being relevant i still fail to see how 24hour trap checking will stop it

the guild has several membership options starting at £40

what jeffs up to may well affect your molecatching very shortly along with all of us

getting laws changed and traps  made illegal will definitely affect you and me

having read the report did you bin out bob merrins traps?

truthfully

Well fook me,  i didnt know that, & your right ? ,.....theres now a joining fee  for the Guild !  ,.....but there certainly never used to be ?  (i might know why now ?) ,.....to hell with that, maybe needs to go , just like all the rest now then ?   (as i said i will do my best to make  sure any changes arent going to affect me,...if im against any ?)  Sorry (& im not having a go this time) what do you mean about "bin out Bob Merrins traps?"

• Like 1
Just now, earth-thrower said:

Well fook me,  i didnt know that, & your right ? ,.....theres now a joining fee  for the Guild !  ,.....but there certainly never used to be ?  (i might know why now ?) ,.....to hell with that, maybe needs to go , just like all the rest now then ?   (as i said i will do my best to make  sure any changes arent going to affect me,...if im against any ?)  Sorry (& im not having a go this time) what do you mean about "bin out Bob Merrins traps?"

Im not wholly disagreeing with you regarding the 24 hr trap checking, i tried to indicate this ?,...but i have also very occasionally put a mole out of its misery, quickly, which was discovered poorly caught the next day ? (& for that matter caught well enough but still alive, on inspection ? ,....obviously just entered the trap before i checked ?)

Edited by earth-thrower

You use bob merrins traps don’t you

so you won’t be using them I assume anymore having read this report which I still haven’t found by the way

the guild have always had a joining fee

i know as I paid it and got f**k all for it

it was a charity donation but it still had to be paid in order to be a member I only joined to get more work as they advertise but they wouldn’t advertise me as I was the same area as their secretary or something 

i genuinely haven’t had a foul caught mole for a few years 

I’ve learnt from my mistake and use high quality traps no cheap copies

On the contrary,....i WILL be using Bobs traps ! (well the ones i got made based on his ?),......the "report" is actually a dvd i got loaned. On the cover it says 'Animal Welfare, mole control, traps and working practices, Evidence For Change',....and i found it interesting stuff. How much was the," charity donation" for the guild then ? (just out of curiosity) Also , i personally dont give a f**k what type of traps, anyone else uses ,.......but i certainly dont need no talpex, putange, scissor, or whatever myself,  because a good half-barrel suits me fine ? Now, Jeffs traps i havent used, cause i had one or two versions in the past, & they were foreign made and not too good. (& i havent got any current updated version, to tell what they are like now)  He has incorporated these design changes into the duffus type to improve humaneness, apparently ? ,....which i wouldnt be against,.......but im not necessarily a subscriber that HIS type should be the only ones used ? & youve not  "had a foul caught mole for a few years"  ?? ,....well good on you, cause i cant say the same myself.

Edited by earth-thrower
17 hours ago, tilimangro said:

I’m not the one talking shit mate

a read back through the posts clarify that you make a lot of claims and then refuse to support them

ive recently had some information that you’re king size bellend

By the way, (& now that im sober)       "ive recently had some information that your king size bellend",.....  Can you pass on a message to your sidekick who reckons this ,...tell him to come on here & tell me about it,  for starters ?,...lol,...........or are they just another  'shitebag'  ?

Edited by earth-thrower
1 hour ago, earth-thrower said:

On the contrary,....i WILL be using Bobs traps ! (well the ones i got made based on his ?),......the "report" is actually a dvd i got loaned. On the cover it says 'Animal Welfare, mole control, traps and working practices, Evidence For Change',....and i found it interesting stuff. How much was the," charity donation" for the guild then ? (just out of curiosity) Also , i personally dont give a f**k what type of traps, anyone else uses ,.......but i certainly dont need no talpex, putange, scissor, or whatever myself,  because a good half-barrel suits me fine ? Now, Jeffs traps i havent used, cause i had one or two versions in the past, & they were foreign made and not too good. (& i havent got any current updated version, to tell what they are like now)  He has incorporated these design changes into the duffus type to improve humaneness, apparently ? ,....which i wouldnt be against,.......but im not necessarily a subscriber that HIS type should be the only ones used ? & youve not  "had a foul caught mole for a few years"  ?? ,....well good on you, cause i cant say the same myself.

You’ll only be using bobs traps for a while if Jeff gets his way

they failed for mandatory trap checking and are now pushing for an approved trap only ( I wonder which one that will be)

why don’t you tell us who’s behind the dvd

its interesting you asked who gave me my information as it’s very important where information comes from,you want unbiased information scientifically supported not from some organisation with a massive chip on their shoulder and a dodgy agenda

if they get their trap approval their next aim will be approved trappers only

but then you know the old saying

those that can do

those that cant

teach

OK, (& im gonna be civil) Increased humaneness of a device (if possible) for catching moles, might be the future ? ( i dont know for certain though),...Now, if there is going to be an 'approved trap only' allowed ?,.....its just not gonna stop me personally, from carrying on the way i want,.. cause i just wont let it ?,.. (do you get me),...& if Jeffs changes to the half barrel are to be mandatory, then my own supplier may have to apply this to his version ? ( i dont know ?),......i can probably live with that ,......what are they , stronger spring , & better strike point on the mole ? etc,....& if Jeffs is going to continue to be an inferior foreign version,.......then his will definitely NOT be the only one available or approved, i would bet ?    lol           I gave you so many hints whos behind the dvd , & you still are unaware ???,........what you need to do is source a copy & judge for yourself ?     ( ive  had to source info all my days at the moles, & thats before the internet ! as well)                  Now, ive already naturally & instinctively modified Bobs trap, a bit , (the ones i commissioned) to suit my own needs , which improves the humaneness aspect of them for me. NOBODYS  going to stop me using them, i can assure you.

7 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

OK, (& im gonna be civil) Increased humaneness of a device (if possible) for catching moles, might be the future ? ( i dont know for certain though),...Now, if there is going to be an 'approved trap only' allowed ?,.....its just not gonna stop me personally, from carrying on the way i want,.. cause i just wont let it ?,.. (do you get me),...& if Jeffs changes to the half barrel are to be mandatory, then my own supplier may have to apply this to his version ? ( i dont know ?),......i can probably live with that ,......what are they , stronger spring , & better strike point on the mole ? etc,....& if Jeffs is going to continue to be an inferior foreign version,.......then his will definitely NOT be the only one available or approved, i would bet ?    lol           I gave you so many hints whos behind the dvd , & you still are unaware ???,........what you need to do is source a copy & judge for yourself ?     ( ive  had to source info all my days at the moles, & thats before the internet ! as well)                  Now, ive already naturally & instinctively modified Bobs trap, a bit , (the ones i commissioned) to suit my own needs , which improves the humaneness aspect of them for me. NOBODYS  going to stop me using them, i can assure you.

I want you to say who produced the video

Just now, earth-thrower said:

Sorry forgot to say,   i dont personally believe 24 hr trap checking is bad practise , do you ? (possibly not pragmatic, you could argue),.........but i also recognise that its not very practical or feasible perhaps, for some mole catchers circumstances these days ?

Edited by earth-thrower