Putange mole trapping

4 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

From what ive just been educated about myself , fairly recently, youd be surprised what type of mole traps ACTUALLY ARE "incredibly inhumane" in reality, afterall ! (& i was just as ignorant as anybody else, in that regard)   & the wee "Fenn scissor" what , is the spring much improved nowadays ? compared to when i used them exclusively for a couple of years, many moons ago, when i didnt know any better !    lol

Why not share with us how you educated yourself

theres a prominent university that has previously researched this using an array of traps and the results were very enlightening

i don’t make a habit out rubbishing other peoples traps unlike you guild types

• Like 1

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

Just now, tilimangro said:

You’d have done well to stick to your guns in not replying publicly

The Apmc hasn’t charged its members for several seasons as far as it aware and fought Jeff tooth and nail on his ridiculous 24 hour mandatory trap checking

anyone doing one of Jeffs courses is told that the only trap they need is the barrel trap they also happen to be selling there 

they are also pushed to buy two probes and of all things a roller for ramping down the run

but no im sure you’re right jeffs not at all all about the money

some of his higher up members have been very vocal and publicly so about the only trap that should be legal is the trap that they endorse (what a surprise)

Oh god , what have i started ! lol  Im just after reviewing the APMC CURRENT membership fees , ffs !!  ,...(are you a member) ?? & aye , the "24 hour mandatory trap checking" it is a bit flawed actually, BUT, have you NEVER had to dispatch the odd poorly caught mole, when checking your traps the next day ???? (then again maybe you havent experienced this if you take longer too check your traps   lol ????) & the rest of your points may be valid or not ? questionable or disputable , which is all good  (i actually did aquire one of the items mentioned which was handy actually   ha ha, but not essential, right enough)

Edited by earth-thrower

Why not share with us how you educated yourself

theres a prominent university that has previously researched this using an array of traps and the results were very enlightening

i don’t make a habit out rubbishing other peoples traps unlike you guild types

Ha ha ha ,   well, seems im not the only one with a chip on my shoulder ? lol  listen you,.... your all over the f***ing place here with your arguments, & at times inaccurate, & just assuming wrongly , & attempting to put words in my mouth ???  OK   

10 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Oh god , what have i started ! lol  Im just after reviewing the APMC CURRENT membership fees , ffs ,...(are you a member) ?? & aye , the "24 hour mandatory trap checking" its is a bit flawed actually, BUT, have you NEVER had to dispatch the odd poorly caught mole, when checking your traps the next day ???? (then again maybe you havent experienced this if you take longer too check your traps   lol ????) & the rest of your points may be valid or not ? questionable or disbutable , which is all good  (i actually did aquire one of the items mentioned which was handy actually   ha ha, but not essential, right enough)

let me caveat this by saying i know exactly who you are

a mole poorly caught in a trap will be dead in four hours so checking twenty four hour is still a pointless exercise and will alleviate little if any suffering.theres a lot more to catching moles than just whacking traps in and a properly placed decent mole trap kills very quickly

even jeff admits he gets foul catches but claims he cuts the loops and throws the trap away

ill take his word for it

9 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Ha ha ha ,   well, seems im not the only one with a chip on my shoulder ? lol  listen you,.... your all over the f***ing place here with your arguments, & at times inaccurate, & just assuming wrongly , & attempting to put words in my mouth ???  OK   

would you like to point out where im all over the place and at times wrong?

by the way the apmc i am a member and as i pointed out to you they havent charged members for at leat the last two years that im aware of and annually it is cheaper to join than jeffs guild.i tried to join the guild at one point they took my money but because i was in the same area as one of their prominent members they wouldnt let me advertise on their website

where am i putting words in your mouth?

i askd where you educated yourself recently on the humanity of traps we use on moldewarp

Just now, earth-thrower said:

What do you mean  " i know exactly who you are" ?  so i dont unnecessarily take offence here ?    are YOU trying to educate ME here, fella, or what ?  (dont delude yourself)

its very simple i know who you are,ive spoken to you on facebook groups before you left

now why dont you answer some of the questions ive put to you

would you like to point out where im all over the place and at times wrong?

by the way the apmc i am a member and as i pointed out to you they havent charged members for at leat the last two years that im aware of and annually it is cheaper to join than jeffs guild.i tried to join the guild at one point they took my money but because i was in the same area as one of their prominent members they wouldnt let me advertise on their website

where am i putting words in your mouth?

i askd where you educated yourself recently on the humanity of traps we use on moldewarp

Sorry, this is getting pointless ? Please review MY posts & YOUR responses ? & it will answer your questions ? ( what i stated regards humaneness has been put out there, trust me !)

Edited by earth-thrower
1 hour ago, earth-thrower said:

From what ive just been educated about myself , fairly recently, youd be surprised what type of mole traps ACTUALLY ARE "incredibly inhumane" in reality, afterall ! (& i was just as ignorant as anybody else, in that regard)   & the wee "Fenn scissor" what , is the spring much improved nowadays ? compared to when i used them exclusively for a couple of years, many moons ago, when i didnt know any better !    lol

who educated you as to how these traps are inhumane

this is the bit i keep asking you  and you keep failing to answer y

youve said you bought an item from the guild,does that mean you did a course?

who educated you as to how these traps are inhumane

this is the bit i keep asking you  and you keep failing to answer y

youve said you bought an item from the guild,does that mean you did a course?

The information that came to my attention recently, indicated to me that most trap types, MAY not be as humane as believed ? (i didnt know any better than anybody else here !)  Mate honestly, i dont know whats wrong with you here ?,.....  Im self taught from over 20 year ago now (possibly before you were ever aware of mole catching, altogether ? please correct me if im wrong  lol)   & your asking if i did a "Guild course" ????    I happen to know Jeff from away back , when we both responded to the European Commission regarding the possible retention of Strychnine Hydrochloride for use against moles in the UK ? (which the BPCA were trying to get kept for mole control , under Essential Use status, which me & him both strongly disagreed with,....so we argued against it)  OK  ,.....It was actually HIS original concept at the time for a 'mole catchers group' for genuine reasons, initially, which others copied for their own agendas,......which was ONLY to make £££££££ !!!!,........it seemed to me  ?                  I didnt then , nor do i now, currently, feel the need to belong to ANY mole trappers club !!!

Edited by earth-thrower
14 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

The information that came to my attention recently, indicated to me that most trap types, MAY not be as humane as believed ? (i didnt know any better than anybody else here !)  Mate honestly, i dont know whats wrong with you here ?,.....  Im self taught from over 20 year ago now (possibly before you were ever aware of mole catching, altogether ? please correct me if im wrong  lol)   & your asking if i did a "Guild course" ????    I happen to know Jeff from away back , when we both responded to the European Commission regarding the possible retention of Strychnine Hydrochloride for use against moles in the UK ? (which the BPCA were trying to get kept for mole control , under Essential Use status, which me & him both strongly disagreed with,....so we argued against it)  OK  ,.....It was actually HIS original concept at the time for a 'mole catchers group' for genuine reasons, initially, which others copied for their own agendas,......which was ONLY to make £££££££ !!!!,........it seemed to me  ?                  I didnt then , nor do i now, currently, feel the need to belong to ANY mole trappers club !!!

So who gave you that information

thats the bit you keep ducking

ive been trapping moles for over twenty five years mate

never done a single course

you say others copied jeffs mole association and you don’t need to be in a club

then you said you were looking at the Apmc prices 

which you can agree are cheaper than jeffs and haven’t charged members for two years

why would you buy a roller?i assumed you’d bought it after a course since that’s when you get told you must have one and that only their traps are worth buying 

again who gave you information these traps are in humane??how did this information come to you

listen fool , a dont give a f**k who you are , believe me ? (cause im getting slightly annoyed now)   you can make out,  im a liar ?,.... but the information is available. Now from what ive observed you talk some shite ! (honestly) & seem to get confused, & dont pay attention ?

Edited by earth-thrower
5 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

listen fool , a dont give a f**k who you are , believe me ? (cause im getting slightly annoyed now)   you can make out,  im a liar ?,.... but the information is available. Now from what ive observed you talk some shite ! (honestly) & seem to get confused, & dont pay attention ?

I’m not the one talking shit mate

a read back through the posts clarify that you make a lot of claims and then refuse to support them

ive recently had some information that you’re king size bellend