Relationships

Can't believe I'm gonna ask this on here but here goes haha...I know there's some lads on here that have been through divorces/break ups etc. At what point did you get too when you thought 'f**k this, I've had enough'? I keep saying I'll stick it out for the kids but f**k me it' hard work. Is it possible to come back from the brink of divorce? Should've started that paragraph with 'Dear Deirdre....' haha

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So long as neither has cheated, you can sort it out surely? Life with a young family can be hard at times.... You don't get to spend alot of 'you and her time', that can put a strain on things..... I'

Did he smile and give you a Vegemite sandwich?

The thing is blokes can't win. If you leave them then your a cnut. If they leave you it's because your a cnut. And that's how it will always be.

Posted Images

I've been married to my second wife for close on 18 years now, and I can tell you this much.........

If she doesn't pi55 you off, you're not paying attention !

You're the only one who can decide what's your for your life - but don't rush into anything, because it's you that will have to live with the consequences !

Good luck, whatever you decide, mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

consider marriage counselling,,,if all else failed,give it one last lash ....''FOR THE KIDS SAKE ''.....ive a mate that was in the shitter marriage wise,,last straw he went with the wife...and they are very happy now...he says it was the best thing he ever did...if youve lost respect for herself,then that might be a major hurdle....best of luck for the future

• Thanks 1

All I will say is, it’s never just one persons fault (unless you catch them with the milkman balls deep!)......everyone has failings and everyone could do stuff better or think about things more.

Also, don’t bottle stuff up.....have honest conversations, f**k it have a good row but get the air clear all the time.

You both owe it to the kids, they don’t get a say in any of it.

• Thanks 4

Staying together for the sake of the kids could also affect the kids if you're constantly at each other.

It's ok asking for advice, but every relationship is different and only you know what goes on behind your closed doors.

All the best for you in the future and I hope everything turns out the best for you and everybody else involved :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I stuck it out first time buddy for the kids it didnt work for me the kids picked up on it and I made myself and them miserable and I resented the slag even more as wilf  said sit down and both be honest with each other  you owe her that as the mother of your kids  the easiest option is to walk but trust me it will impact on the kids and if you go it will crush you leaving the kids or only seeing them on a sat I would try every avenue I could before leaving I hope everything works out for you Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So long as neither has cheated, you can sort it out surely? Life with a young family can be hard at times.... You don't get to spend alot of 'you and her time', that can put a strain on things..... I've had times when I've thought f**k it I'm done..... But the thought of my beautiful children calling some other chump dad soon makes me pull my head out my arse. Talk to her, we all have our issues, I know my Mrs deserves a medal for putting up with some of my shite over the years..... Bills, work, shit, stress all part of life mate..... She's the mother of your kids.... You thought enough of her to start a family ....then give her the same respect now,  Talk to her get it sorted?. If it can't be fixed then so be it........ Don't come on here asking advice ffs?‍♂️hope you fix it dave?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Cheers lads...just venting to be honest, been together since we were 16 and 18 and I love her too bits but she pushes my buttons...appreciate the suggestions, I'll sit her down once mothers days been and gone, don't wanna ruin it for her. And surely this is a thl first? I came on here asking for advice like a woman at a coffee morning and I've had 6 serious, well thought out resonses...Not one of ya has ripped me to shreds haha

• Like 5

Should of picked better wife mate. Get on with it now and MAKE it better.... think about the old days ect, how it used to be .... if the thought of your woman being with another man. Kids waking up with another bloke in the house ect dont bother you enough to stay and sort things out then. Im speechless 

• Thanks 1

I very nearly bolted from my ex in the early days, but stuck it out for the kid, which then became kids. The inevitable happened 16/17 years later. A few good times of course but many many shit times. & when my world collapsed the level of deceit lies and scheming was almost too much for me to take.

So, my words on the matter...

When your mindset becomes 'stay together for the kids' you may start seeing that one of you starts taking advantage of that ;) in fact.. you wont see it, itll happen slowly. You may loose years of your life, your 20s your 30s. Now imagine making a break from the person who happens to be the mother of your kid/s, any time spent with your kids will be without her around, pure quality time.

If I knew then what I knew now id opt for the latter, rather than get the rug pulled out from underneath me. 

Big up to the dads

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Should of picked better wife mate. Get on with it now and MAKE it better.... think about the old days ect, how it used to be .... if the thought of your woman being with another man. Kids waking up with another bloke in the house ect dont bother you enough to stay and sort things out then. Im speechless 

Fair play to you mate sticking it out with your Mrs, I heard she has a vagina like a police station, prick's going in and out all day long. 

And will you ask her to stop changing her lipstick it's leaving my cock like a fcuking rainbow.

• Haha 1