Army Surplus.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It only had camouflage on the back lol ......

Was enough to get rid of your lot.

A camo tarp from screw fix £14 quid a 100 meters of camo para cord from flee bay £7 enough for a few nights under the stars and the main thing no one has mentioned a pocket of lighters or a strike spa

the germans do the best boots

That's what I said Larry I've a German army coat I find it great,I heard the British army gear is shit but I've never had any so I wouldn't know.

Better then the Irish army's uniform :whistling:

7-IRA-gunmen-PACEMAKERBELFAST.jpg

the boys all heading down to sign on
I don't know about the guy on the left of picture. His footwear might be ok on concrete or tarmac on back alleys in the city but what did the lads in the hills wear on their feet without getting blisters.

That's what I said Larry I've a German army coat I find it great,I heard the British army gear is shit but I've never had any so I wouldn't know.

Better then the Irish army's uniform :whistling:7-IRA-gunmen-PACEMAKERBELFAST.jpg

Glad to see they are well armed.......never know when you may run into some kids out Christmas shopping with their mum ! Lol

Bang on pal,they should just jacked to a different country and saved themselves the bother.

• Like 1

A camo tarp from screw fix £14 quid a 100 meters of camo para cord from flee bay £7 enough for a few nights under the stars and the main thing no one has mentioned a pocket of lighters or a strike sparker thing so you can get a good fire going then just wear your normal walking out door clobber and sit round your fire chewing the cud with a few mates and a few beers all good, I spent 3 days and nights like this last year in minus 2-5 tempature i had my kettle on a fork stick over the fire all the time cooked all my grub on it and never felt chilly until I moved away to leave if you have a tarp each it's easy to make a hammock with a roof over it, you need 2 trees and two stones just put a stone in each end then tie the cord around the stone and around the tree to form a hammock then tie another piece of cord between the two trees higher up and bring the excess tarp up and over to form a roof then build a five log fire on the edge of your shelter to keep rain off let smoke out and warmth in finally gather some silver birch bark as your walking to your camp site as it is nice and flamible and takes a spark well even when wet set your fire inline with the wind so it fans the fire and push,s the smoke out the other end, don't over complicate it as you have to carry it all, I do carry a few more luxury,s than this but it is enough to keep you alive and well for a few nights, I,ve had a British army arctic sleeping bag for around 25 years and never had a cold nights sleep in it cost £25 mail order and still going strong I,ve probably averaged 30 nights a year for 25 years in all weather from roasting hot to minus 8 strangely I also find it warmer sleeping with no or very few clothes on but keep them at the bottom of my bag so they are dry warm and accessible as soon as I want to get out,

• Like 3

A camo tarp from screw fix £14 quid a 100 meters of camo para cord from flee bay £7 enough for a few nights under the stars and the main thing no one has mentioned a pocket of lighters or a strike sparker thing so you can get a good fire going then just wear your normal walking out door clobber and sit round your fire chewing the cud with a few mates and a few beers all good, I spent 3 days and nights like this last year in minus 2-5 tempature i had my kettle on a fork stick over the fire all the time cooked all my grub on it and never felt chilly until I moved away to leave if you have a tarp each it's easy to make a hammock with a roof over it, you need 2 trees and two stones just put a stone in each end then tie the cord around the stone and around the tree to form a hammock then tie another piece of cord between the two trees higher up and bring the excess tarp up and over to form a roof then build a five log fire on the edge of your shelter to keep rain off let smoke out and warmth in finally gather some silver birch bark as your walking to your camp site as it is nice and flamible and takes a spark well even when wet set your fire inline with the wind so it fans the fire and push,s the smoke out the other end, don't over complicate it as you have to carry it all, I do carry a few more luxury,s than this but it is enough to keep you alive and well for a few nights, I,ve had a British army arctic sleeping bag for around 25 years and never had a cold nights sleep in it cost £25 mail order and still going strong I,ve probably averaged 30 nights a year for 25 years in all weather from roasting hot to minus 8 strangely I also find it warmer sleeping with no or very few clothes on but keep them at the bottom of my bag so they are dry warm and accessible as soon as I want to get out,

attachicon.gifdownload (1).jpg best flint an steel of the lot
the ability to light a fire one of the most important aspects of survival as once your cold the fun stops and it becomes harder to make the right decisions, cold and wet and your on a slippery slope to a dangerous situation even in familiar surroundings, stay safe and enjoy
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with British army mtp gear it will do everything you need it to do ... the sleeping system including bivvy bag is one of the best in the world the boots have also come on leaps and bounds with altberg supplying most of them ... gortex will keep you bone dry ... as I said buy MTP and not DPM and you will be fine ......

• Like 2

Better then the Irish army's uniform :whistling:7-IRA-gunmen-PACEMAKERBELFAST.jpg

Glad to see they are well armed.......never know when you may run into some kids out Christmas shopping with their mum ! Lol

Bang on pal,they should just jacked to a different country and saved themselves the bother.

I thought they did ?