Four Serving British Soldiers Arrested On Suspicion Of Terror Offences

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Hunting Life's resident Britain hater must have been licking his chops posting this.

Another government publicity stunt to to appease the population of London, Birmingham etc......no different to Blair sending ex soldiers to prison for things that happened 40 years ago in Ireland so h

Gutted they didn't reduce a mosque to rubble!

2 released without charge earlier......

That's a good start :good:

To be honest, it looks like some pen pusher has panicked because a few squadie lads are linked to a newly labelled 'terrorist organisation'.

I sincerely hope the neo nazi thing is proven to be bollocks as well.

Two British soldiers charged with neo-Nazi terror offences

Two British soldiers and a third man have been charged with terror offences including membership of a banned right-wing group.

They are 32-year-old Mikko Vevhilainen, originally from Finland and a member of the Army, Mark Barrett, 24, also with the Army, and 22-year-old Alex Deakin.

They are all accused of being part of the banned neo-Nazi group National Action, and two allegedly possessed articles that could be used for terrorism.

National Action, described by the Home Office as "virulently racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic", became the first extreme right-wing organisation to be banned under anti-terrorism laws in December 2016.

The trio are due to appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.

http://news.sky.com/story/two-british-soldiers-charged-with-terror-offences-11031278

Neo-Nazi charges: UK soldiers appear in court

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41241153

Three men, including two British soldiers, have appeared in court charged under terror laws with being members of a banned neo-Nazi group.

L/Cpl Mikko Vehvilainen, Alexander Deakin and Pte Mark Barrett are accused of being part of National Action.

When asked to enter a plea, Mr Deakin said: "I'm a prisoner of conscience. I believe I'm innocent of these charges."

L/Cpl Vehvilainen, 32, and Mr Deakin, 22, did not enter pleas, while Pte Barrett, 24, pleaded not guilty.

The three men, who appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court, will next appear at the Old Bailey on 21 September for a preliminary hearing.

National Action was the first far-right group to be banned by the Home Office, in 2016.

Mr Deakin, from Birmingham, is further charged with distribution of a terrorist publication and two counts of possession of documents likely to be useful to a person preparing to commit an act of terrorism.

L/Cpl Vehvilainen, from Sennybridge Camp in Powys, is also accused of possession of pepper spray, possession of a document likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism, and two counts of posting material online that was threatening, abusive or insulting, thereby stirring up racial hatred.

Mr Deakin and L/Cpl Vehvilainen did not apply for bail and were remanded in custody.

Pte Barrett was arrested last week in Cyprus - where he was based with the Army - before being transferred back to the UK.

He was denied bail by senior district judge Emma Arbuthnot.

All three remanded in custody, looks like the courts are taking this seriously.

Neo-Nazi charges: UK soldiers appear in courthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41241153

Three men, including two British soldiers, have appeared in court charged under terror laws with being members of a banned neo-Nazi group.

L/Cpl Mikko Vehvilainen, Alexander Deakin and Pte Mark Barrett are accused of being part of National Action.

When asked to enter a plea, Mr Deakin said: "I'm a prisoner of conscience. I believe I'm innocent of these charges."

L/Cpl Vehvilainen, 32, and Mr Deakin, 22, did not enter pleas, while Pte Barrett, 24, pleaded not guilty.

The three men, who appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court, will next appear at the Old Bailey on 21 September for a preliminary hearing.

National Action was the first far-right group to be banned by the Home Office, in 2016.

Mr Deakin, from Birmingham, is further charged with distribution of a terrorist publication and two counts of possession of documents likely to be useful to a person preparing to commit an act of terrorism.

L/Cpl Vehvilainen, from Sennybridge Camp in Powys, is also accused of possession of pepper spray, possession of a document likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism, and two counts of posting material online that was threatening, abusive or insulting, thereby stirring up racial hatred.

Mr Deakin and L/Cpl Vehvilainen did not apply for bail and were remanded in custody.

Pte Barrett was arrested last week in Cyprus - where he was based with the Army - before being transferred back to the UK.

I bet your loving that ......

Neo-Nazi charges: UK soldiers appear in courthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41241153

I bet they aren't loving it ...... :laugh:

I bet they aren't loving it ...... :laugh:

You are a proper Cnut .......

• Like 1