Pocket Rocket Msr Stoves

I noticed on amazon there loads of chinese knock offs. Has anyone bought the chinese ones and if so are they any good? Im going to start doing wild camping and explore the highlands and islands. Dont drive so just be rucksack and the dog so need to keep the weight to a minimum.

Also any advice on a good sleeping bag/rucksack. Already ordered a banshee 200 tent after reading a few reviews think that be best for my needs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget to drill holes in your toothbrush... to save weight...

They don't have flares in Scotland, only traccy bottoms ! Lol

Ziplock or even bin bags work fine,but a submersion bag/dry bag doesn't cost the earth and you're not gonna accidentally tear it.   I have a Ferro rod on my keys,again just a few quid but it's a goo

Posted Images

I would trust a copy gas stove,can't you buy a secondhand Coleman,? Or look for online shop with sale as season is over now

Or don't bother with gas an buy or make a hobo stove an just rest billy can on top

Have a look on bushcraft uk forum for ideas and reviews.

I just bought a wood gas stove that was cheap as they made a batch to tall.

Check out wildstoves uk

Snugpack do some good sleeping bags

Osprey do good rucksacks but are pricey, there are some good ex services bergans that will do the job , if your gonna be out in all weathers get a ruck with rain cover

Edited by jonah.
  • Like 2

I know a keeper who lamping foxes shot a prize bull one evening

Went to the land owners house to explain what had happened and saw the guy through the curtains full bore with some black prostitutes

Game set and match

Get yourself this little set up ... powdered milk and tea bags in the pots that are inside the cups ... cooler head is inside the kettle ..... what you can't see is it also has a two plates and two sets of cutlery ... weighs about 1.5 lbs ......

post-240-0-25966100-1504521011_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Get yourself an army Bergen with side pouches that can be removed so you have the option of going light if you just want to explore away from your main camp ... also an essential item of kit is a gortex bivvy bag for your sleeping bag ......

• Like 2

Don't use gas would be my advice, if it's get real cold you won't even light it and if you do manage to light it then it will take all bloody night to boil a kettle.

I have a couple, one Coleman petrol but also a peak (I think that's the name) multi fuel which will burn petrol, diesel, parrafin or gas.....you just change the jets depending on what you have to hand.

It will fit in a coat pocket and is light as a feather.

With petrol it will boil a kettle in -5 weather in about 2 minutes.

It's the daddy !

Just to add, I have had it over 10 years and it was about £90 when I bought it and it has had loads of punishment, not cheap but unbeatable imho

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

Cheers lads appreciated. Yea saw the osprey rucksacks and yea very pricey lol

was looking at a berghaus 65 for 70quid. Or a highlander 65 for 35 quid reduced from 80.

defo look into a bivvy socks. As said need it to be light as possible. A lot of walking snd on ferries etc.

https://www.elitemountainsupplies.co.uk/camping-trekking/eating-and-outdoor-cooking/stoves-1/primus-stoves/1472-primus-omnifuel/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-JLuxryL1gIVo7ftCh0cLAx3EAQYDSABEgIl3_D_BwE

Scott, this is the one I have (except this is the latest model).....as I said, not cheap but the first rule of staying out is be warm, dry and have the ability to get a hot brew and meal......you can live with just about any situation then so really it's not worth skimping on kit like this.

Well worth the money mate.

• Like 1

I know a keeper who lamping foxes shot a prize bull one evening

Went to the land owners house to explain what had happened and saw the guy through the curtains full bore with some black prostitutes

Game set and match

Get yourself this little set up ... powdered milk and tea bags in the pots that are inside the cups ... cooler head is inside the kettle ..... what you can't see is it also has a two plates and two sets of cutlery ... weighs about 1.5 lbs ......

Nice set that, but can't do the powered milk. atb

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

Cheers lads appreciated. Yea saw the osprey rucksacks and yea very pricey lol

was looking at a berghaus 65 for 70quid. Or a highlander 65 for 35 quid reduced from 80.

defo look into a bivvy socks. As said need it to be light as possible. A lot of walking snd on ferries etc.

I've the berghaus 65 it's a good pack, it's comfy to walk with.

• Like 1