Horses And Cattle

Nothing's shit me up quite like walking through a field with the lamp off and hearing a herd of cows thundering toward me. Bullocks are the worst.., probably more curious than dangerous but f**k hanging round to find out ?

??????????

Edited by pesky1972

Heifers with young calves can be real nasty bastrads as well. I was stood once at the other side of a tree about 8 inchs thick from a limousine bull with real bad intentions, that scared the shite out of me.

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1

Had a load of horses go mental when i was out lamping years ago . We didn't even know they were there till the beam hit them and as soon as it did they just set off running back up the field towards us . Don't think they were charging us but we jumped back over the fence double quick because they were coming right at us at speed . It was probably more that the beam spooked them and the only way they could go was back past us but I've never lamped a field with horses since

Had to walk through a field of 6 or 7 horses to get to my traps. They used to charge down the field at me. I'd always get to a spot by a tree and stand behind it incase they decide to plough through me. Mrs told me if a horse ever charges me and their close to stand still and they will 99% if the time divert around you. She reckons theirs more chance of it running you over if you try and move from it, where as cows will run over you . Not sure if theirs truth in that tho. I don't plan on finding out

I give horses and certain breeds of cattle a wide berth when I have the dog with me. Had a few hairy moments with them. Was crossing a field on my own once when a group of horses and ponies came up to me and surrounded me. Bloody things started fighting between themselves, one big mare started kicking and biting the others and them kicking back. I was stuck in the middle of them. That was a dodgy moment. Got surrounded out ferreting by a massive herd of cattle. My daughter was with me shes only 7 and started screaming. Im no normally frightened by cattle but my wee girl was screaming that much she was started to make me panic. Surrounded again by around 30 heifers and calfs. I sent the dog off out the field and told the kid to stop screaming. We had a ten minute wait till these cows sussed us out. They just turned and ran away back to where they were grazing once they had a good nosey. We were nowhere near them and they were on us in seconds. This was all daytime.