2 minutes ago, greg64 said:

why is it the only bit of that photo that did look out of place to me was the thickness of its tail so a wallaby would explain that and is quite likely given that theres lots in Devon

Didn't mean that particular photo, mate.

Just sandymere's comparison with big cats and wallabies.

It's a very weak, silly comparison.  ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Didn't mean that particular photo, mate.

Just sandymere's comparison with big cats and wallabies.

It's a very weak, silly comparison.  ?

if you look further up the thread sandy was talking about the photo greyman put up and stated it was more likely to be a wallaby but still thought it was a mooggy and i agree its a million time more likely to be a wallaby than a bloody mountain lion

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I can’t really be that arsed when all the stay in doors types start sticking there expert opinions in, but just to shut you up for a minute here is the head of the wallaby ??and a road kill just for you but none of it will change the opinions of fools ??let’s see what shite you can come out with now ?

9FE9EDD6-CE21-475F-905C-52CB15EB7C63.png

2C733A8C-257E-4669-96DA-B5F23120EC06.png

And??

A thermal of a cat, fox ?? That picture could be any amount of creatures. If its taken from the  film put up earlier its a moggy.

As to road kill cat, yes could be a tabby cat.

Where's the panthers killed on the M5?????

Where the cubs found and handed into recues????

Where's the hundreds of dead sheep???

Whers the videos and stills from the thousands of wildlife cameras. 

Where's the spottings on well studied nature reserves????

Big cats don't live in isolation so if they were here they would be recognised and studied as part of our fauna. 

As to personal experience rather than common sense,  I've spent the majority of my 60 years hunting the British countryside at all hours with dogs and continue to do so. I've seen and ran most of what's out there, back along with confirmed cat killers, but I've  never encountered a big cat.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, greg64 said:

if you look further up the thread sandy was talking about the photo greyman put up and stated it was more likely to be a wallaby but still thought it was a mooggy and i agree its a million time more likely to be a wallaby than a bloody mountain lion

Yeah, that photo maybe, but his other post comparing the sightings, numbers etc, of wallabies and big cats in britain, weak and silly.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

And??

A thermal of a cat, fox ?? That picture could be any amount of creatures. If its taken from the  film put up earlier its a moggy.

As to road kill cat, yes could be a tabby cat.

Where's the panthers killed on the M5?????

Where the cubs found and handed into recues????

Where's the hundreds of dead sheep???

Whers the videos and stills from the thousands of wildlife cameras. 

Where's the spottings on well studied nature reserves????

Big cats don't live in isolation so if they were here they would be recognised and studied as part of our fauna. 

As to personal experience rather than common sense,  I've spent the majority of my 60 years hunting the British countryside at all hours with dogs and continue to do so. I've seen and ran most of what's out there, back along with confirmed cat killers, but I've  never encountered a big cat.

One last time as I really can’t stand you, but when a video is shown to experts in there field who conclude it’s a mountain lion and a man with a minge that couldn’t hack it as a brickie so became a nurse tells me they are all wrong I wonder which one I will take notice of, now excuse me if I don’t answer any more stupid questions but my three year old grandson has more important things to say ?

• Haha 6
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, that photo maybe, but his other post comparing the sightings, numbers etc, of wallabies and big cats in britain, weak and silly.

i think the whole subject of big cats in the uk is weak and silly ,5years this thread has been going and a fuzzy thermal image is the best bit of proof says it all really

Edited by greg64
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You lot still trying to convince yourself that there is some sort of population of big cats wandering around the UK. 

Only no one has ever shot one / dogged one / trapped one / caught one on a trail cam / hit one in a motor.

? 

Sheepy, you're starting to sound like more than a few members on here, with the above post. 

Because you've not witnessed it yourself, it COULDN'T have happened?!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, greg64 said:

i think the whole subject of big cats in the uk is weak and silly ,5years this thread has been going and a fuzzy themal image is the best bit of proof says it all really

Lol if that's what you think, that's what you think ?

• Like 2

Abstract

Wide-ranging large carnivores pose myriad challenges for conservation, especially in highly fragmented landscapes. Over a 13-year period, we combined monitoring of radio collared pumas (Puma concolor) with complementary multi-generational genetic analyses to inform puma conservation in southern California, USA. Our goals were to generate survivorship estimates, determine causes of mortality, identify barriers to movement, and determine the genetic and demographic challenges to puma persistence among >20,000,000 people and extensive urban, suburban, and exurban development. Despite protection from hunting, annual survival for radio collared pumas was surprisingly low (55.8%), and humans caused the majority of puma deaths. The most common sources of mortality were vehicle collisions (28% of deaths), and mortalities resulting from depredation permits issued after pumas killed domestic animals (17% of deaths). Other human-caused mortalities included illegal shootings, public safety removals, and human-caused wildfire. An interstate highway (I-15) bisecting this study area, and associated development, have created a nearly impermeable barrier to puma movements, resulting in severe genetic restriction and demographic isolation of the small puma population (n ~ 17–27 adults) in the Santa Ana Mountains west of I-15. Highways that bisect habitat or divide remaining “conserved” habitat, and associated ongoing development, threaten to further subdivide this already fragmented puma population and increase threats to survival. This study highlights the importance of combining demographic and genetic analyses, and illustrates that in the absence of effective measures to reduce mortality and enhance safe movement across highways, translocation of pumas, such as was done with the endangered Florida panther (P. c. coryi), may ultimately be necessary to prevent further genetic decline and ensure persistence of the Santa Ana Mountains population.

from 

WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Wide-ranging large carnivores pose myriad challenges for conservation, especially in highly fragmented...

So if we had a couple few hundred animals roaming about we should be getting a fair few road deaths and inter cat human problems etc....

Plus how can the Americans not just find, but radio collar specimens and we can't even get a decent photo??????

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

a man with a minge that couldn’t hack it as a brickie so became a nurse 

Nowt wrong with anyone entering the medical profession, I give him stick over his politics but applaud his profession ?

• Like 3

We don't seem to get surplus killing but other countries do, pumas in the Americas.

ONLINELIBRARY.WILEY.COM

Leopards in Africa.

http://www.stuartonnature.com/resources/Scientific_papers/20_Jan_2016/P pardus F caracal surpl killing in CP 1986.pdf

One leopard in Cape Province, South Africa killed 51 sheep and lambs in a single incident. Similarly, two caracal in Cape Province killed 22 sheep in one night, 

from 

DBPEDIA.ORG

Surplus killing, also known as excessive killing, killing for sport, henhouse syndrome, or overkill, is a common behavior exhibited by predators, in which they kill more...

Edited by sandymere
28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

One last time as I really can’t stand you, but when a video is shown to experts in there field who conclude it’s a mountain lion and a man with a minge that couldn’t hack it as a brickie so became a nurse tells me they are all wrong I wonder which one I will take notice of, now excuse me if I don’t answer any more stupid questions but my three year old grandson has more important things to say ?

a mountain lion ? belter ? 

• paulus locked this topic