• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Interesting. I skipped a bit, but overall well balanced. I have no experience of these creatures, but on the shoot I was part of we had a deer farm. Every year at rutting time we would see wild stags around the pens. Obviously drawn by the scent of receptive females. If I were trying to capture big cat evidence I would look around any sanctuaries that held females during their breeding periods. Concentrare everything on  that instead of chasing sightings that may or may not be significant.

Just my two penneth.

Just now, Nicepix said:

Interesting. I skipped a bit, but overall well balanced. I have no experience of these creatures, but on the shoot I was part of we had a deer farm. Every year at rutting time we would see wild stags around the pens. Obviously drawn by the scent of receptive females. If I were trying to capture big cat evidence I would look around any sanctuaries that held females during their breeding periods. Concentrare everything on  that instead of chasing sightings that may or may not be significant.

Just my two penneth.

Did syp have any sightings of big cats?

To my knowledge only in the Anston area which would have been around 2001-3. I wouldn't have been aware of any made outside my district or even when not on duty so not wery helpful I'm afraid.

Sadly this is not the movie I was involved in these lads are basically involved with mackems mate Cookie and are just YouTube hit hunters most of there content is taken from others and the film name was even taken from someone else ?

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

mackems mate Cookie 

He is an out and out charlatan, fantasist, and fraud, I would love to do an online YouTube Q&A with him, he would either storm off, break down or attempt to batter me ?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Can’t we club together to get him over here if he’s that good ?I’d have to tag along mind to shoot the thing just so I know he’s not in on it too ???

Have tried you can’t even speak to him unless his team see your plans and agree a price first ?

21 hours ago, foxdropper said:

@Greyman

And yet you are very complacent walking yours off the lead in so called cat country Paul .I’m afraid the i’s aren’t dotted nor t’s crossed mate .

The more I read about it the more I’m convinced they ain’t there .

Only a coward picks fights he knows he will win, me and my dogs are as one and if anything grabs any of them we will fight and die together just back from a nice walk along the ridge line ran through a few little caves etc  ??

4AC51594-1237-4B8C-B8E4-367C6CD2B429.jpeg

D0740FB8-4A96-4419-9BAE-B92FD148A535.jpeg

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, mackem said:

He is an out and out charlatan, fantasist, and fraud, I would love to do an online YouTube Q&A with him, he would either storm off, break down or attempt to batter me ?

Best add I thought you meant the cookie Jonathan McGowan ? the naturalist Cookie is totally different, any program with Jonathon McGowan in has no credibility from the opening credits. 

People don't bat an eyelid when mink, grey squirrels, Chinese water deer are seen, but when a big cat is seen they say Oh that's impossible ? he is linking them all together ?

18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Only a coward picks fights he knows he will win, me and my dogs are as one and if anything grabs any of them we will fight and die together just back from a nice walk along the ridge line ran through a few little caves etc  ??

Mate ,I ain’t being funny here but if a leopard grabbed your dog it would be gone in a heart beat with one very dead dog with you and the other one wondering what the feck that was .

I walk mine off lead confident there’s nowt out there that will harm them ,in fact exact opposite .

25 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Really????If Im out walking and a big cat jumps out and grab 9ne of mine Im f***ing off as fast as I can in the opposite direction whilst it still concentrating on killing the dog

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Really????If Im out walking and a big cat jumps out and grab 9ne of mine Im f***ing off as fast as I can in the opposite direction whilst it still concentrating on killing the dog

It’s always in my mind if I came across one then my instinct would be let the dogs off and try and get a safe distance between us 

I would think that the period when these things were at their peak would have been mid 70's onwards, immediately after the legislation and declining year on year dependent on life expectancy. There will still be people keeping them off ticket like banned dog breeds, and some of those cats could easily be turned out if circumstances dictated. 

I wouldn't go as far as taking precautions against an attack, but I'd never say they don't or can't exist in small numbers.

• Confused 1
  • paulus locked this topic