2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Because leopards are opportunistic, dogs are easy for them, one selp professed big cat expert in the UK says there are leopards in one Dorset town, dogs would surely be the natural prey for urban leopard a la joburg and Mumbai? 

Like I said we have had a few dog kills, and I do find signs of cat predation on the outskirts of the city, but again the amount of other foodstuff far outways dogs, plus we tend to look after our dogs a bit better than the Indians etc, the muntjac population around here is unbelievable and no one misses a few ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Because leopards are opportunistic, dogs are easy for them, one selp professed big cat expert in the UK says there are leopards in one Dorset town, dogs would surely be the natural prey for urban leopard a la joburg and Mumbai? 

The dogs in India are usually little feral weighing about 10kgs. It’s rare for a leopard to face a dog face to face

• Like 1

And yet you are very complacent walking yours off the lead in so called cat country Paul .I’m afraid the i’s aren’t dotted nor t’s crossed mate .

The more I read about it the more I’m convinced they ain’t there .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Griswald said:

The leopards in Mumbai that kill hundreds of dogs a year are from the Gandhi national park that is on the outskirts of the city.

As you say they must find them easy pickings to hunt them so frequently, I think there's only about 40 leopards in the park.

Your far too sensible for this thread ? Gordon Buchanan went out to film them, filmed a city leopard the first night. 

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Your far too sensible for this thread ? Gordon Buchanan went out to film them, filmed a city leopard the first night. 

Can’t we club together to get him over here if he’s that good ?I’d have to tag along mind to shoot the thing just so I know he’s not in on it too ???

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Griswald said:

Have you seen that video of that dead leopard getting paggered by 3 wild pigs, I think it had been hit by a car first though.

No, I haven't, is it on YouTube? 

• paulus locked this topic