10 hours ago, foxdropper said:

@Nicepix

Yep I bet that 200 quid came in handy to buy a new bike and get his arse sewn up .

The warden who is responsible for that area said that he didn't think it was an attack in the pre meditated aggressive manner. It was suggested that the leopard was bolting across the road and collided with the cyclist. I'm sure greb will give us his definitive opnion.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Griswald said:

I'm going with your idea of thought.

It was either cgi or Jeremy Beadle set it up.

If you look at the original footage from the roadside traffic camera and compare it to the footage mackem put up anyone should be able to see that the footage mackem posted is a second generation recording. Probably made using a mobile phone recording a tv or computer.  There are multiple similar second generation recordings posted on youtube and similar hosting services. Some of them have been replicated by news outlets. Possibly duped into thinking they had an exclusive. Many of the stories give differdnt locations for the incident.

Or you can believe that someone with a mobile phone just happened to be sat up a tree filming a random cyclist and got lucky.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Haha 1

Personally I think that’s probably a traffic camera, and secondly if it was actually  attacking him it would have just locked on like the snow leopard that went over the cliff if it wasn’t just crossing the road it may have had young or a kill in the hedge and was simply warning him off but he was not being attacked in my opinion ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mackem said:

Or dogs, common prey item in India and Africa. 

The dog thing has been covered before, it does happen same with domestic cats, I think Forest of Dean redneck saw the remains of a dog when he came to a talk we done a few years back at symonds yat plus we are so over run with deer why bother ?

So is India Paul but still leopards kill dogs and people .Foxes scavenge dead dogs .Seen it with dogs I’ve buried 3 foot deep .Back to nature is the narrative and I never get upset by it .

Still maintain that cat was in for the kill .Realised it’s mistake and let go .You can see it lunge . 
Let’s not fantasise please .

28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Personally I think that’s probably a traffic camera, and secondly if it was actually  attacking him it would have just locked on like the snow leopard that went over the cliff if it wasn’t just crossing the road it may have had young or a kill in the hedge and was simply warning him off but he was not being attacked in my opinion ?

It is from a traffic camera. If it was a phone image, personal witness type of thing as it is intended to look like it would not be as still. 

As I said at the start it looks like it has been manipulated and now we know that it was. 

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Where’s the original then mate 

In my post above.  About 2 hours ago.  Then there are dozens of cropped versions making out it is phone footage.

5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

If you look at the original footage from the roadside traffic camera and compare it to the footage mackem put up anyone should be able to see that the footage mackem posted is a second generation recording. Probably made using a mobile phone recording a tv or computer.  There are multiple similar second generation recordings posted on youtube and similar hosting services. Some of them have been replicated by news outlets. Possibly duped into thinking they had an exclusive. Many of the stories give differdnt locations for the incident.

Or you can believe that someone with a mobile phone just happened to be sat up a tree filming a random cyclist and got lucky.

If this is the original NP then I stand by an attack .??

Just now, foxdropper said:

If this is the original NP then I stand by an attack .??

It certainly leapt, but the warden still claims it was a collision, not an attack. There are politics involved as you would expect. For a start nobody wants to alarm the public. Then there is the re-establishment programs and all sorts of other stuff. The press variously recorded it as being a tiger and a cheetah, both of which are being re-located. And the locations given for the incident are also linked to that.   

He'll need a new pair of underpants, that's for sure.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Griswald said:

These sort of attacks along with dog attacks are quite common in India, that much so they often make the news over there.

That's why I can't get my head around this big kept secret over here, it would be in everyone's best interests to inform the public of their existence incase a cat attacked someone.

write to your local mp and tell him / her your thoughts, it’s only them that are holding back the truth, ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

we are so over run with deer why bother ?

Because leopards are opportunistic, dogs are easy for them, one selp professed big cat expert in the UK says there are leopards in one Dorset town, dogs would surely be the natural prey for urban leopard a la joburg and Mumbai? 

• paulus locked this topic