I don't mind admitting i find this topic very interesting. I listen to the poddy.. normal folk, just saying what they've seen. People with nothing to gain from sharing their experience... 

Anyway, i mentioned this big cat thing to my sister.

She's mid 40's..  lives in Penrith and is a teacher. Proper outdoor's type. When she's at work she'll be mountaineering, swimming, canoeing, biking, wild camping in the Lakes. On the school holidays.. same thing, but in Scotland or Wales.

Went back through my messages to December for this.

On a walk Near Nebo, Wales.

Obviously, could just be the farm tabby. Strange with the dead sheep though. Not suggesting this cat killed them.. could have just been some fallen stock that provided easy pickings.

Screenshot_20210516-192436_WhatsApp.jpg.ad40ac3c41238ffd41b43c433830a8a8.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-192455_WhatsApp.jpg.26e8784b870c1c385cd0743ffd588a37.jpg

Feel free to rip the piss fellas..  honestly.. i couldn't give a fuk. Like I've said.. could well have just been the farm moggy. 

I've got a wildfowling mate. Seen a black lep. He knows 100% what he'd seen. 

I'll take his word on it.

I

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

I don't mind admitting i find this topic very interesting. I listen to the poddy.. normal folk, just saying what they've seen. People with nothing to gain from sharing their experience... 

Anyway, i mentioned this big cat thing to my sister.

She's mid 40's..  lives in Penrith and is a teacher. Proper outdoor's type. When she's at work she'll be mountaineering, swimming, canoeing, biking, wild camping in the Lakes. On the school holidays.. same thing, but in Scotland or Wales.

Went back through my messages to December for this.

On a walk Near Nebo, Wales.

Obviously, could just be the farm tabby. Strange with the dead sheep though. Not suggesting this cat killed them.. could have just been some fallen stock that provided easy pickings.

Screenshot_20210516-192436_WhatsApp.jpg.ad40ac3c41238ffd41b43c433830a8a8.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-192455_WhatsApp.jpg.26e8784b870c1c385cd0743ffd588a37.jpg

Feel free to rip the piss fellas..  honestly.. i couldn't give a fuk. Like I've said.. could well have just been the farm moggy. 

I've got a wildfowling mate. Seen a black lep. He knows 100% what he'd seen. 

I'll take his word on it.

I

So that's two people you know who's claiming to have seen them, interesting. 

Not mocking you but I know folk who claim to have seen ghosts, even mates lie. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So that's two people you know who's claiming to have seen them, interesting. 

Not mocking you but I know folk who claim to have seen ghosts, even mates lie. 

Ghosts and big cats are a bit different tho . One actually existing and one something else  , much like the nessie , big foot comparisons 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Welsh_red said:

Ghosts and big cats are a bit different tho . One actually existing and one something else  , much like the nessie , big foot comparisons 

But that's what we are dealing with, there's no confirmation that they exist in the UK. 

My main point is that even mates lie to each other. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But that's what we are dealing with, there's no confirmation that they exist in the UK. 

My main point is that even mates lie to each other. 

I agree that people lie , as ive got older ive realised more people bullshit about stuff than i ever though when i was younger . But thats not to say all of them are liars , and that is one of the parts that sticks in my mind about this.  No doupt their is a huge amount of misidentification of what people say they saw , a very big amount are cats , a portion are people trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes . But it only takes 1 person to be legitimate and 100% and definite of what they saw to blow my mind . That must play a part in the sceptics minds aswell . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Welsh_red said:

I agree that people lie , as ive got older ive realised more people bullshit about stuff than i ever though when i was younger . But thats not to say all of them are liars , and that is one of the parts that sticks in my mind about this.  No doupt their is a huge amount of misidentification of what people say they saw , a very big amount are cats , a portion are people trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes . But it only takes 1 person to be legitimate and 100% and definite of what they saw to blow my mind . That must play a part in the sceptics minds aswell . 

In all likelihood they are either lying or it's a case of mistaken identity. 

What stories stick out for you as being genuine? 

I haven't really heard of one yet. 

It's an intriguing subject even though I find it far fetched. 

7 hours ago, Greb147 said:

In all likelihood they are either lying or it's a case of mistaken identity. 

What stories stick out for you as being genuine? 

I haven't really heard of one yet. 

It's an intriguing subject even though I find it far fetched. 

You seem to think a lot of people waste there time lying, you must mix with a lot of sad people, here is an example, I moved here in January and have met 3 people that have seen a big cat all in places that sightings occur, one of them my neighbour was a serving soldier and was sent down to Dartmoor was out in an O,P at night and saw a large cat on thermal walking through a flock of sheep so he could gauge the size of it, also said the sheep did not react to it, just moved out of the way as it walked through, this carcass is from Bodmin moor sheep remained calm unlike when a dog strikes, it had needle like holes in its back were it was held down a single bite to the wind pipe to kill it, all of its stomach moved to one side, as it is poison to cats but no other British animal and its vital organs removed as these are rich in the things cats need as meat only eating animals, if it were in India it would be a leopard kill no question, it has all the hallmarks of a cat kill and no indications of anything else having done it, only other explanation that you would accept is a farmer has killed his own livestock worth X amount of money and made it look like that for a hoax, i do get a lot of dog attacks and a few fox attacks as well but never as clean and clinical as this, you also get fixated on a clear picture but I don’t as I know it will come eventually, but even without the picture other evidence indicates they are here once you stop thinking everyone is lying to you?

197FC545-5020-4249-B455-0A7EE6C3D4A4.jpeg

ACAEC672-B225-4845-B16C-DF7D2EFD823E.jpeg

34AA4800-C2B1-4F44-AB6B-C802913BE798.jpeg

74851A35-9AEC-4CEF-A31D-690FEDAF61E4.jpeg

• Like 5

I've pointed out previously what we see is a creation of our brain from what we have available and varies greatly from reality. Hence the person seeing a wolf on the M5, aliens etc. They report honestly what they believe they saw but..... 

One sheep carcass, likely from dog or dogs. The idea that self proclaimed experts confirm cat kills rather dogs etc have been shown to be rubbish. 

Sheep ignoring a predator? That the sheep didn't move suggests it wasn't a major predator rather than that it was, likely a fox. 

Prior plausibility....... ?

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I've pointed out previously what we see is a creation of our brain from what we have available and varies greatly from reality. Hence the person seeing a wolf on the M5, aliens etc. They report honestly what they believe they saw but..... 

One sheep carcass, likely from dog or dogs. The idea that self proclaimed experts confirm cat kills rather dogs etc have been shown to be rubbish. 

Sheep ignoring a predator? That the sheep didn't move suggests it wasn't a major predator rather than that it was, likely a fox. 

You are the one that is ignoring facts, as I,ve pointed out to you on many occasions, your sole interest here is to call me a liar, these pictures are not a figment of my imagination they are a clear sign of a feline attack and consumption, show me a dog attack on a sheep were the rumin bag is removed and put to one side, just one example will do to back up your claim and disprove mine, here is another example, no British mammal does it, foxes badgers and many bops will eat it so now show us a dog kill were the stomach has been removed and put to one side,I have plenty more examples so just show us one and please not a wiki link ?

C6BCD5AC-C01B-436C-8036-660D057CA83B.jpeg

36B59BA0-94D6-4412-840E-8660A23F4712.jpeg

39 minutes ago, sandymere said:

P.s cats walk through herds of animals in there native lands as can be seen on many wildlife programs, but the prey seem to know if they are hunting or not and react accordingly, your counter evidence please instead of your assumptions ???? 

Wasn't there a Puma caught in Barnstable civic centre in the 70's Sandy? Your neck of the woods.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

You seem to think a lot of people waste there time lying, you must mix with a lot of sad people, here is an example, I moved here in January and have met 3 people that have seen a big cat all in places that sightings occur, one of them my neighbour was a serving soldier and was sent down to Dartmoor was out in an O,P at night and saw a large cat on thermal walking through a flock of sheep so he could gauge the size of it, also said the sheep did not react to it, just moved out of the way as it walked through, this carcass is from Bodmin moor sheep remained calm unlike when a dog strikes, it had needle like holes in its back were it was held down a single bite to the wind pipe to kill it, all of its stomach moved to one side, as it is poison to cats but no other British animal and its vital organs removed as these are rich in the things cats need as meat only eating animals, if it were in India it would be a leopard kill no question, it has all the hallmarks of a cat kill and no indications of anything else having done it, only other explanation that you would accept is a farmer has killed his own livestock worth X amount of money and made it look like that for a hoax, i do get a lot of dog attacks and a few fox attacks as well but never as clean and clinical as this, you also get fixated on a clear picture but I don’t as I know it will come eventually, but even without the picture other evidence indicates they are here once you stop thinking everyone is lying to you?

197FC545-5020-4249-B455-0A7EE6C3D4A4.jpeg

ACAEC672-B225-4845-B16C-DF7D2EFD823E.jpeg

34AA4800-C2B1-4F44-AB6B-C802913BE798.jpeg

74851A35-9AEC-4CEF-A31D-690FEDAF61E4.jpeg

You clearly mix with plenty of dreamers, folk lie, that's the way of the world. 

Animals have different eating habits within a species so don't know where you get that from? 

So you've only just moved in the area and already 3 people you have met have claimed to see them. 

Those pictures don't really tell us anything mate. 

4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Wasn't there a Puma caught in Barnstable civic centre in the 70's Sandy? Your neck of the woods.

Cheers Arry

Quite possibly mate, I think this was one of many that were released around that time in that area, 

41 minutes ago, Greyman said:

P.s cats walk through herds of animals in there native lands as can be seen on many wildlife programs, but the prey seem to know if they are hunting or not and react accordingly, your counter evidence please instead of your assumptions ???? 

But the UK isn't their native land and sheep aren't their natural prey. 

Foxes also walk through flocks of sheep and are not spooked. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You clearly mix with plenty of dreamers, folk lie, that's the way of the world. 

Animals have different eating habits within a species so don't know where you get that from? 

So you've only just moved in the area and already 3 people you have met have claimed to see them. 

Those pictures don't really tell us anything mate. 

They would if you knew what you were looking at, as I,ve asked sandy can you give an example of a British mammal that the stomach of a grazing animal would be poisonous to and pictures of a  known dog or fox attack were the stomach has been removed, I mix with biologists and vets amongst other people that are risking there reputations and credibility if they were shown to be lying, this badger was in the same field as this footprint killed with a single bite to the head which you have called a hoax in the past without substantiating your claim, anything to back that up with?

4551FFC4-0F2A-4A38-8BE9-EC84831BB363.jpeg

7E68BB44-5F88-46BD-9325-74CC239A93DA.jpeg

• paulus locked this topic