• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, king said:

I stayed on the isle of sheppey for a few weeks.very interesting place lol.

That guys hair style is very interesting ? he is stuck in a 1960's time-warp,far out man.

1 minute ago, mackem said:

That guys hair style is very interesting ? he is stuck in a 1960's time-warp,far out man.

He took a purple heart in the 60's and ain't come down yet ?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

everygging  looks bigger on the horizon that’s why if your a deerstalker or a red indian ? you don’t stand on it unless you want to be seen 

also that cat was nowhere near as tall as the grass on the verge ,halfway at a push . 

Think that’s more to do with silhouette than magnification, but agree it don’t look massive and there is no sign of the tail, would be easy to go there and do a scaling though if the exact location can be determined 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Think that’s more to do with silhouette than magnification, but agree it don’t look massive and there is no sign of the tail, would be easy to go there and do a scaling though if the exact location can be determined 

Yes your right about the silhouette ? 

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is that something folk like yourself would do if you had the location. Place various sized objects or whatever for perspective?

Would it work if u could gey a still of the video when the animal is in decent view and pinpoint that car location when the still was captured and put a guy with a measure stick where the animal was and overlap the pictures?

17 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is that something folk like yourself would do if you had the location. Place various sized objects or whatever for perspective?

14 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Would it work if u could gey a still of the video when the animal is in decent view and pinpoint that car location when the still was captured and put a guy with a measure stick where the animal was and overlap the pictures?

Yes it’s essential for any photo used as evidence to either have an image of a known animal like a deer taken on the same camera overlaid or a photo of a model or a known object in the same spot, this was the picture that started all this off and this is a picture with a scaling frame to work out the size, but the people often don’t want to give locations away, I have a short video of a large very long cat in a wood at night which looks just like a mountain lion, but the person who took it would,nt give up the location so it’s meaningless as you can’t say excactly how big it is ??

359F847C-125F-47B3-92EE-A233FDCE758D.jpeg

7452BB24-F7AA-4426-8A93-C81B2FBC0C2E.jpeg

41635E6F-1C89-46A5-B2E9-F3847F7DC077.jpeg

960BEDB0-DF64-4407-8857-B45D2BAAA38F.jpeg

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

on a mobile it looks like its got a docked tail

Can you zoom in on your mobile mate? If you can, it looks to me like it's probably swung it's tail the one side, and you can see the tip of the tail  ?

• Like 1

What ever it is, by using the scale it was I think just under 2ft to the shoulder and 33” long in body minus the tail, same size as my pet one ??here is the animal zoomed right in? I have several more scaled like it and if there are no cats here there are a number of black things of very simular size creeping round our countryside, 

9339DA21-D42B-42DC-8BCC-FCB07D7500C4.jpeg

A9D775FA-F737-420A-B70E-AF34247C596D.png

Edited by Greyman
43 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can you zoom in on your mobile mate? If you can, it looks to me like it's probably swung it's tail the one side, and you can see the tip of the tail  ?

just gets more blurry, could be either. There was a genuine big un on the tv recently with a short tail

did a image search after someone on here said there was some good pics about, the only decent one imo is the one on the side of a rock and its not that great

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic