• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

On 14/06/2018 at 00:01, South hams hunter said:

Nothing specific but I'm sure the legislation was for animals such as boar not f***ing panthers

Genuinely interested in what legislation your on about .

On 14/06/2018 at 07:28, Welsh_red said:

What legislation tho ? 

Edited by Welsh_red
21 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Sandy. Your article link won't change my mind that posting facts on THL won't change anyone's mind. :blink:

Ah but the link suggest exactly that, so you prove its validity ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

There was something in here a while ago that basically stated if you see something large you can't just shoot it .... I'll try and find it later

Way off!!!!?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, sandymere said:

But in proving it we destroy its validity.?

Only if you validate that it will, in fact, destroy the validity. The original article clearly states that most won't validate that validity in the first place. Your analogy won't be valid even if it is... :blink:

• Confused 1
On 14 June 2018 at 17:22, Kerny92 said:

A couple of questions for the man which I'm sure he will ignore.

1) If it's such a secret and you don't want anyone knowing why have you told people on a hunting forum of all places?

2) If you don't give a toss what we think and don't care if we believe you why have you done your best to try and convince us all?

3) Why do you resort to insults when asked well thought out questions? 

1) I,ve never said its a secret, but if people share information with me and ask me not to share, then I will honour that request.       2) because many people have a genuine interest and ask questions which I try to answer, some like yourself don't believe and attempt to disrupt things instead of just moving on which really answers 3) meaning that everytime someone asks a question which i try to answer certain people crawl out the woodwork to disrupt things and if it happened in the real world I would tell them they were wankers and to f**k off which is no different to what I would do here, it's got to the point were people who have a real interest or have had an encounter will contact me by pm and avoid the attention of the group of sado,s that's only real hobby is keyboard warrior and people baiting, I think in the overall scheme of things I,ve taken as much as I,ve given, and as stated all these things have been answered many times over, ? Sorry to others for bringing this back up but I felt Kerny deserved an answer though I,m sure he,ll choose to ignore it and carry on 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Greyman said:

1) I,ve never said its a secret, but if people share information with me and ask me not to share, then I will honour that request.       2) because many people have a genuine interest and ask questions which I try to answer, some like yourself don't believe and attempt to disrupt things instead of just moving on which really answers 3) meaning that everytime someone asks a question which i try to answer certain people crawl out the woodwork to disrupt things and if it happened in the real world I would tell them they were wankers and to f**k off which is no different to what I would do here, it's got to the point were people who have a real interest or have had an encounter will contact me by pm and avoid the attention of the group of sado,s that's only real hobby is keyboard warrior and people baiting, I think in the overall scheme of things I,ve taken as much as I,ve given, and as stated all these things have been answered many times over, ? Sorry to others for bringing this back up but I felt Kerny deserved an answer though I,m sure he,ll choose to ignore it and carry on 

1) So every person you've met don't want anyone knowing about it? If that's the case then how did you get to meet them and why have they bothered to tell you?

2) I think most on here have a genuine interest in the subject, who wouldn't? Us not believing does not mean we don't have an interest.

3) A few on here have asked legitimate questions and you have ignored them, I understand that it is frustrating when you have folk just making sly remarks but you need to step back and see some doubters are very reasonable.

A big cat expert says it's possible animals like pumas could be living in the wilds of West Berkshire after a man claims to have spotted one in his front garden.

For many years, there have been rumours of big cats being seen around areas like Mortimer, Burghfield Common and Calcot on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire.

On Monday, March 5, Laurence Anderson, 63, was walking down the drive of his home in Auclum Lane, Burghfield Common, when the mysterious beast "shot out" from his rhododendron bush.

He said: "It had the gait of a hare, that's what I noticed about it.

"It was moving too fast to be a cat or a dog.

"I would say it came up at least to my waist.

"It was a bit of a blur, but I got a look at its face.

"We then looked up what it could've been and I believe it's a puma.

"We have two dogs, so it's slightly worrying to think a beast like this could be living around here, as they have to eat."

Mr Anderson's wife Clare posted her husband's experience on the Burghfield Gossip Girls Facebook page, and other villagers revealed their own experiences.

Naomi Verster wrote: "My husband and I saw some passive paw prints in the snow on Saturday morning on the field above Auclum Copse and we joked about what wild animal was lurking around our house as there was no way they could have been a domestic pet's prints."

getreading contacted the University of Reading's Dr Tara Pirie, who is carrying out a study of domestic cat behaviour in the Burghfield and Mortimer areas.

Dr Pirie has also spent time in Africa studying the behaviour of big cats in the wild.

She said it was entirely possible big cats were living in the woodlands of West Berkshire, although there was very little hard evidence.

She said: "This is quite an interesting spotting.

"I would guess the most likely thing it would be is a species of cat called a Maine Coon, which is a very large breed of domestic cat, which has become popular in this country.

"But there is definitely a chance big cats could live and survive in this country."

She said it is possible the animals had been released in to the wild by people who have private collections.

She added that in Britain, animals like pumas would have no problems finding food and would be "at the top of the food chain".

She told getreading animals like pumas live for around 20 years and would be able to survive, even in very cold weather.

She said: "The way you'd know if you saw a big cat is the size, they're huge, they'd come up at least to your waist."

There have been numerous sightings of big cats and other strange animals in the Reading, Bracknell and Wokingham areas.

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/big-cats-could-be-living-in-west-berkshire-after-man-spots-puma-in-garden/

Big cats could be living in West Berkshire after man spots 'puma' in garden

An expert from the University of Reading said it could well be the case big cats are living in the wilds of West Berkshire

cats could be living in West Berkshire after man spots 'puma' in garden

An expert from the University of Reading said it could well be the case big cats are living in the wilds of West Berkshire

5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The lack of decent pictures is a flag for me. We have non native rare birds come to the uk at times and rare species that are native and bird watchers or wildlife programmes always seem to get decent pictures. Whys it not the same with big cats?

I agree somewhat, but they are actively seeking these birds. Pics of moving cats are a split second thing. Saying that, you would think in all these years there would be at least one clear piece of footage.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I find footprints or pug marks like that regularly and would,nt even bother to take a picture I log them down as a possible but know more, the so called expert could know more conclude that is a dog than I can conclude its a cat so it's  a waste of time, I,ve shown this pic before, but this is 100 percent feline, and I also have pics of it with a tape measure and the date taken its about 4" and feline so what else can it be, also taken in an area rich with sightings which adds a little more weight to it, and for those that don't know or can't be bothered to find out, it's the 3 lobes on the back of the planter pad that makes it a 100 percenter medium sized cat as there are no big cats IE tiger, lion and jaguar

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic