2 hours ago, Deker said:

As regards Let Go, Big Cat ownership in this country is seriously controlled now, letting go is simply not an option anymore, historically maybe, but heaps of trouble today! 

A condition of the dwa license is report any escapees straight away so it is a massive risk if they didn’t 

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

A condition of the dwa license is report any escapees straight away so it is a massive risk if they didn’t 

The other thing is there was one known pair of black leopards in the uk and the last one Zoisa the male died last year in exmoor zoo, so as 75% of sightings year on year are black like you saw we either have to conclude someone is breeding them on mass and releasing them or there is a small population in the uk and as the animals show signs of establishing territory’s hence sightings reoccurring in the same areas year after year I think the latter is the more plausible answer ?

• Like 2

Not to get into you lads debate as like most others i dont really have strong opinions either way its just basic passing interest in the countryside that keeps me returning to the topic.....but it does come across as strange how much passion and strength of feeling someone can have for something they dont believe exists.....Foxdropper i dont know why you dont take Greyman up on his offer and visit the place in Cirencester he was on about where you can chat about it with other likeminded folk.....because it seems to me that unless its just a basic personal disdain for Greyman himself then you are clearly as interested in the subject as he is.......as your over 700 posts on the subject indicate.....no ?

• Like 9

Here's one for ya lads. Make of it what you will. 

A good friend of mine, who is a seasoned hunter told me this story. 

He was on a fox drive one frosty Sunday morning, with a couple buddy's. Couple a gun's, dogs, and a couple lads beating the covers. He was pirched beside a gap up the side of a hill. Great view of the wood ticket, and gorse scrub bellow. Gorse was in clumps, with clear ground in between. If you can picture that. Boy's began beating and he was amazed to see a pure white fox, dart from one clump of gorse to another. Half a minute later he appeared again for a few seconds, and back into the gorse, out of sight. He then spots another fox, practucally do the same thing. This one red of course. 

As the beaters walked through, my buddy spots the second fox head streight for him. Dropped him up close, and got ready for the white fox. 

He never appeared, and my auld pal was gutted.

As his buddy's finnished up, he was about to tell them about the white fox, when one of them said, "where'd that lamb come out of?" Wasnt a sign of another sheep on that land. Single, maybe quarter grown lamb, all on its own, and not another sheep in sight.

Now them boys would have laught their arses off at him about the white fox, because they saw the lamb. They would have believed him for sure, if they didn't. My buddy would have forever believed he saw a white fox, and i would have believed he did too.

Now my buddy, is as sound and honest as they come. No lier nor fibber. Out and out countryman. He was fooled by his own eye's. Again, unclear view of something for a very short period of time, can often trick the mind. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Here's one for ya lads. Make of it what you will. 

A good friend of mine, who is a seasoned hunter told me this story. 

He was on a fox drive one frosty Sunday morning, with a couple buddy's. Couple a gun's, dogs, and a couple lads beating the covers. He was pirched beside a gap up the side of a hill. Great view of the wood ticket, and gorse scrub bellow. Gorse was in clumps, with clear ground in between. If you can picture that. Boy's began beating and he was amazed to see a pure white fox, dart from one clump of gorse to another. Half a minute later he appeared again for a few seconds, and back into the gorse, out of sight. He then spots another fox, practucally do the same thing. This one red of course. 

As the beaters walked through, my buddy spots the second fox head streight for him. Dropped him up close, and got ready for the white fox. 

He never appeared, and my auld pal was gutted.

As his buddy's finnished up, he was about to tell them about the white fox, when one of them said, "where'd that lamb come out of?" Wasnt a sign of another sheep on that land. Single, maybe quarter grown lamb, all on its own, and not another sheep in sight.

Now them boys would have laught their arses off at him about the white fox, because they saw the lamb. They would have believed him for sure, if they didn't. My buddy would have forever believed he saw a white fox, and i would have believed he did too.

Now my buddy, is as sound and honest as they come. No lier nor fibber. Out and out countryman. He was fooled by his own eye's. Again, unclear view of something for a very short period of time, can often trick the mind. 

White fox`s are very real, seen a dead one and 2 were bolted by a hunt terrier man from a drain a few years ago, All from the same area. 

1 hour ago, paulus said:

White fox`s are very real, seen a dead one and 2 were bolted by a hunt terrier man from a drain a few years ago, All from the same area. 

O i know that lad. Just that, this wasn't one of them.

• Haha 1

Just to briefly change the subject and lighten the mood ?I took this pic in Africa few years back  at a waterhole near we were staying in Kenya .

Now those not into crocodilians will say what’s wrong with that ,they are native but something looked wrong to me so I did some research .Anybody know what I’m getting at .

B164B4CD-A9C5-46AD-A6D4-A4FA5A1E03C9.jpeg.a29f8ba28c8e58f28f6be7c8e432de15.jpeg

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It’s like this Gnash .

If I said to you I had a pink rabbit on my perm and sent you a pic of a toy stuffed one at 100 m but insisted it was real ,then asked you to come down and view it for yourself because you dared to criticise the pic .Meanwhile I send you a pic of a hares form  and insist it’s been there because there’s pink fur outside .This rabbit can’t be dogged nor run over nor photographed in a good light ,neither does it leave tracks to follow but you still need to come down as we might find a dandelion it’s chewed .Would you be a touch wary of spending a day with me looking for it or signs of it based on that scenario or would you jump at the chance just to please a few blokes on the net that insist you come down ,blokes you ain’t  never going to meet nor care to either .Blokes that very obviously want to believe  ,say they know someone but don’t have a shred of feck all between them to support it .

I couldn’t care less what folk think of me ,that’s their problem tbh but if someone puts something on here I know to be wrong I’m going to say so .

Based on the  stuff that’s been put up I’m really of the opinion a certain gentleman is either pulling our chain or so desperate to prove his case that anything will do .What’s a bit concerning is that he’s not even open to it being anything else and we are all supposed to just go with it ,well  sorry ,ain’t happening .

Ive no thoughts on GM as a man at all ,no interest tbh but I am interested in the possibility of there being large cats roaming the land .
It’s him that’s made this personal whilst all im interested in the facts ,nothing more ,nothing less 

I think Paul has offered to show you pics he can't post on here, meet people at a university who are studying the evidence people are providing from an academic point of view, I also think he is offering to take you around his ground as he has spent time studying this area, so has some knowledge and wants to share that with you.. 

I've met Greyman at the comp and he talked about this and showed us some pictures which have not been put on here...

He is not hiding anything or trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes, he has said he saw a large cat years ago and has since become interested in finding out more... 

Hes decent company, has done enough hunting, fishing etc to know his stuff, I think you'd actually have a good day tbh.. you know you aren't going to see a wild big cat.. but you may meet a few people and have a different view afterwards...

I'm very much sat on the fence on a breeding population, I believe its possible but not seen strong enough evidence to support it yet... id like to make the trip up.to.the uni with Paul one day myself tbh

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Just to briefly change the subject and lighten the mood ?I took this pic in Africa few years back  at a waterhole near we were staying in Kenya .

Now those not into crocodilians will say what’s wrong with that ,they are native but something looked wrong to me so I did some research .Anybody know what I’m getting at .

B164B4CD-A9C5-46AD-A6D4-A4FA5A1E03C9.jpeg.a29f8ba28c8e58f28f6be7c8e432de15.jpeg

Its an alligator Lol

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

There’s been no mention of showing me anything mate ,just a meet to walk the land .If I was going there to see anything of interest I’d be there .

Would you travel anywhere to see more of the  same we’ve been lead to believe is inconclusive proof or would you think about spending your time wisely elsewhere .Genuine question .

I think Greyman did say there is pics he can't put on here, but could show in person (apologies if I'm wrong Paul), I also know he's invited you to the uni to see the evidence they have... regards the walk on his land, DC went and done the very same and said it was well.worth the effort... 

I struggle with time constantly mate, don't do half of what I'd like to..  but after meeting Paul I'd happily spend a day with him, a decent walk, take the dogs, a meal in his local and yapping about hunting, fishing,  our countryside and big cats.. wouldn't be time wasted for me..

Like I said you may not come away believing anymore than you did before you went, but I dont think he'd make the offer if he didn't think it would be worth your while going

• Like 7

Same with these ghost hunters, church goers who put all the life n soul into it and thier money even do religious ceremonies, spend thier whole life trying to convince others. Let them crack on if it pleases them. I lost my best mate to the church, got totally enthralled in it he did. I’ve seen some weird things whilst out at night/day you never know what’s about.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I think Greyman did say there is pics he can't put on here, but could show in person (apologies if I'm wrong Paul), I also know he's invited you to the uni to see the evidence they have... regards the walk on his land, DC went and done the very same and said it was well.worth the effort... 

I struggle with time constantly mate, don't do half of what I'd like to..  but after meeting Paul I'd happily spend a day with him, a decent walk, take the dogs, a meal in his local and yapping about hunting, fishing,  our countryside and big cats.. wouldn't be time wasted for me..

Like I said you may not come away believing anymore than you did before you went, but I dont think he'd make the offer if he didn't think it would be worth your while going

You make a good point mate .

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic