Show Us Your White Dog's

I've always been fond of a wiry white terrier. Mates of mine have got small jack Russell's round farms, great little ratters! 

Am I right in thinking, you get problems with all white dogs? I heard it effects there eyesight or hearing????

👍

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/01/2021 at 20:21, jpt said:

I've always been fond of a wiry white terrier. Mates of mine have got small jack Russell's round farms, great little ratters! 

Am I right in thinking, you get problems with all white dogs? I heard it effects there eyesight or hearing????

👍

I ope you don't mind me joining the chat It usually happens when you add white English bull terrier to the mix       Cheers Butchers456

On 14/01/2021 at 18:21, Butchers456 said:

I ope you don't mind me joining the chat It usually happens when you add white English bull terrier to the mix       Cheers Butchers456

Yes,was out recently with two,dug a fox with one,then next day he couldnt get up to one,very slow in the field,no brains to dig on.

But decent dog when he can get there.

The other was a bitch,litter sister,walking to the sets an the two lurchers put a big fox up an down across a river,then straight back upto big set.

Wee bitch wouldn't go in,she knew it was there but said no.

Digging not for her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not my white dogs, they would have been bred around 140 years ago. Images borrowed from R B Lee's Fox Terrier, 1889. Available as a free download from IWTF site for anyone interested. At the time the drawings were done I think the breed was on the cusp in transition from a working terrier to useless show dog. According to the author these types were still being used on fox, badger and otter. Not too dissimilar to some of the Russell types that we still have.

FT 1.jpg

FT 2.jpg

Scan_20210214 (2).jpg

• Like 5