Show Us Your White Dog's

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sid g said:

wont be long before there is a kc reg version of the patterdale ... 

let’s hope not.

ive mates with hunt terriers 11... maybe 12 inches

ive also mates working there dogs just as much all year and they are 15 maybe 16 inches .

so what would the standard be ??.

I know of people with kc borders that work

and kc parsons that work ... so does it matter ?

a line bred terrier has a pedigree ... you just don’t buy it from kennel club .

Ill stick to my mongrels ?

Edited by TonyT
Spelling
  • Like 4

If any group does try and get a breed called Patterdale recognised then I'm sure that the breed standard would be an example of the pointlessness of it all. 

You're probably right sid g, the type that they will accept and show will probably be a black or chocolate/liver Parson type. But, I have generally found the "Patterdale" type to be a little heavier than a typical Russell type of the same height.

What about the bully sort? They could go down that road and the KC Patterdale could end up a black or chocolate Stafford type with an upper weight limit of say 20lb.

Red, grizzle and black and tan I assume would be an disqualifying colour along with white on the chest or toes. There is saying that a camel is a race horse designed by a committee.

Once/if a breed standard is decided upon how many work only chaps that happen to already have the "correct" type will get their stock registered? 

Be sad day if they go that road they be alot more shite getting bred then for coin. Its probably already on that road genuine lads just breeding for work dont want to admit it. 

Edited by chesney
  • Like 2

We shall see.

Types of working dogs getting KC recognition has never effected anything in the last 140 years or so.

Some people make money and breeds become effeminate. 

The real ones survive but only as long as their purpose survives. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

We shall see.

Types of working dogs getting KC recognition has never effected anything in the last 140 years or so.

Some people make money and breeds become effeminate. 

The real ones survive but only as long as their purpose survives. 

Mates of mine have shown some the stuff do on the FB sites the amount of stuff for sale seem to be a demand there shame its the road its going

Look at prices on pet4homes only terriers staying up in price is the pats. Be a shame if they do kc reg them. But will it affect me in my life probably not. Will terriers be legally aloud to be dug to in 20 years? I very much doubt it with the way this country’s going. And boris mrs whispering in his ear 

2 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Look at prices on pet4homes only terriers staying up in price is the pats. Be a shame if they do kc reg them. But will it affect me in my life probably not. Will terriers be legally aloud to be dug to in 20 years? I very much doubt it with the way this country’s going. And boris mrs whispering in his ear 

That's it right there Gypsydog94. If some lines of some dogs get registered and they close the gene pool it will only effect them. Will have no effect on those who just keep on carrying on. Until carrying on is stopped. Then they are gone.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

There will always be the dedicated few who keep going 

• Like 1

Ow do, Well that discription covers about every cur with 4 legs n a tail So the game is well n truly up the kyber I'm bloody strugglin to find a working terrier pup as it is Imay as well look for halies bloody comet Everything in life is bein Highjacked especially the terrier game So if there's a decent terrier fella out can fix me up with a working terrier pup before it's to late .   A,T,B  Rx7

On 17/05/2021 at 13:46, Rodeo X 7 said:

Ow do, Well that discription covers about every cur with 4 legs n a tail So the game is well n truly up the kyber I'm bloody strugglin to find a working terrier pup as it is Imay as well look for halies bloody comet Everything in life is bein Highjacked especially the terrier game So if there's a decent terrier fella out can fix me up with a working terrier pup before it's to late .   A,T,B  Rx7

I might aswell say it Your posts on here look very suspicious. All you post about is looking for dogs. I hope I’m wrong and your best interests lie with hunting and dogs . 

• Like 3