Show Us Your White Dog's

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Beetrootbob said:

It looks like the day of the Lakeland and the Russell as a regular honest working terrier are gone they are mostly reserved to the show ring nowadays... The Patterdale/Fell terrier are really in the main nowadays, but like the Lakelands and the Russells they are on a slippery road also ! 

But the lakey Russel border there are people breeding them for work. But the circle is closing in 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

But the lakey Russel border there are people breeding them for work. But the circle is closing in 

100 % GD.

there is more black shite than Lakeland and Russell .

down to how many people are just breeding ,

for pets or for money..... in my opinion anyway.

if you aren’t known , known to be working terriers ....

you try and buy a black dog for work.

ive bought loads of nice dogs for work but been no good.

ive been lucky  enough to be given some right misfits that have been everything I wanted .

Blacks are going same way as whites and black n tan.

It’s  the way things are I expect,

line bred or nothing is the way to go ?

ATB T

• Like 3
8 hours ago, chesney said:

There only on a slippery slope as long as there so called digging lads out there peddling them for coin.

Thats a foolish statement Chesney dog have been sold for money as long as there have been dogs. These digging men as you put, lets say the digging men of old have sold dogs and sold plenty even taking out adds in local papers and hunting mags the likes of Gould, Nuttal you could keep naming men that didn't do much for the dogs demise back then.

20 minutes ago, Beetrootbob said:

Thats a foolish statement Chesney dog have been sold for money as long as there have been dogs. These digging men as you put, lets say the digging men of old have sold dogs and sold plenty even taking out adds in local papers and hunting mags the likes of Gould, Nuttal you could keep naming men that didn't do much for the dogs demise back then.

Nothing foolish about that statement breed for work and work only whats surplus gift to mates thats willing to take them on and work them.  The demise of some lines is over breeding to inferior stock just to keep numbers up. 

• Like 4

Looking on pets4homes today, sad but true, there were 15 ads for Parson Russells and 116 for Patterdales.

Not the full story as in the Jack Russell section there were 363 ads. The type of dog advertised in that section I would not generally regard as a working terrier type though. The ones in the Parson section do at least physically seem to be of a stamp that was and still is worked.

Many of the "Patterdales" are also of a type, I would say, that would have came from working lines in the not too distant past.

The pet breeders and buyers seem to have very much embraced the "Patterdale" terrier.

53 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Looking on pets4homes today, sad but true, there were 15 ads for Parson Russells and 116 for Patterdales.

Not the full story as in the Jack Russell section there were 363 ads. The type of dog advertised in that section I would not generally regard as a working terrier type though. The ones in the Parson section do at least physically seem to be of a stamp that was and still is worked.

Many of the "Patterdales" are also of a type, I would say, that would have came from working lines in the not too distant past.

The pet breeders and buyers seem to have very much embraced the "Patterdale" terrier.

They like heavy bull types they see them as a miniature staff. I see a lot around me with pet owners all on harnesses bouncing about wanting a rumble with any dog they see ? also I see on fb a lot of pats going missing at the moment all around 14 month of age. No doubt gone of looking for something to kill and ended up in a tube 

21 hours ago, chesney said:

Nothing foolish about that statement breed for work and work only whats surplus gift to mates thats willing to take them on and work them. 

No bullshit Chesney but hand on heart how long would it take you to get a pup if you wanted or needed one from your mates surplus ?..

5 minutes ago, fireman said:

No bullshit Chesney but hand on heart how long would it take you to get a pup if you wanted or needed one from your mates surplus ?..

I dont put myself in that position fireman i always have something theres 4 of is dig together and everyone has at least a pair of digging dogs or more in the yard or dogs just started or ready to start at the so its spread out as even as possible. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, chesney said:

I dont put myself in that position fireman i always have something theres 4 of is dig together and everyone has at least a pair of digging dogs or more in the yard or dogs just started or ready to start at the so its spread out as even as possible. 

Your a lucky man chesney..

• 2 weeks later...