Just cos the pedigree says it's there doesn't mean jack......there's still duffers in every line that shouldn't be bred off, look at me both sets of grandparents worked hard, parents worked hard...........and i turned out to be a w@nker

Mind you i'm just worker to worker bred no closely line bred................

• Like 6

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

heres a question to lads that are obsessed with pedigrees, what is a pedigree if you've never seen the dogs through it work? There only names? Youve never dug them. Most lads have never seen past grandparents dug so everything after that is just names! You don't no what they look like, temperament, bad habits etc there just names that mean nothing

For me a pedigree is never written for anyone else bar myself and I know the dogs right back to the bitches I started with ,can remember every single one including those given away .For anyone to make up a pedigree purely to enhance a sale or impress anyone is beyond me .Who are they kidding as it will certainly come back to bite them on the ass. Better to admit as D did ,that a terriers lineage can't be traced 100% and leave it at that .

The Stevens stuff is a f****n minefield with anything remotely looking like it getting the label .My own NS input starts at the dog I saw over the bitches I was given ,read so much contradiction as to think it not worth upsetting anyone lol.

Anyone producing decent terriers has absolutely nothing to hide and should at least have peds written down to show if not to part with .

• Like 7

heres a question to lads that are obsessed with pedigrees, what is a pedigree if you've never seen the dogs through it work? There only names? Youve never dug them. Most lads have never seen past grandparents dug so everything after that is just names! You don't no what they look like, temperament, bad habits etc there just names that mean nothing

Pedigrees are hugely important. But you need to know your line. Even though you may never have seen em you need to know the important individuals to concentrate on. We have as far back as anyone does with regards to the line we work, thanks to the kindness of the previous and present generation including Tommy himself. And like the men before us we pass them on to lads we know to be genuine. Pups are never sold but given away. Helping each other is the name of the game, for the benefit of the line and our sport. How did those who now keep pedigrees to themselves, obtain the pedigrees of their original terriers in the first place? Only for the kindness of others! But that said I always make the point that while pedigrees are very important the tyke in question has to work to standard! JMHO, but everyone to their own!
  • Like 10

It's surprising how fecking thick half the eejits are that use terriers names to sell pups. There was a guy selling pups on Facebook advertised as nick Stevens blood. Me being the wind up I am messages him asking asking about them...he said nicks roxy was the grandmother of the pups. Imagine how long ago it was that bitch was alive...she was the start of it all. yet she's the grandmother to the pups just to sell. The man's a fecking eejit. He was judging the lurchers at Caerphilly show Monday. DB. Funny how so many of 'nick stevens' terriers names have come about since the book hit the market. The peddlers couldn't name half the terriers nick had before the book...thinking about it, neither could I ?

It's surprising how fecking thick half the eejits are that use terriers names to sell pups. There was a guy selling pups on Facebook advertised as nick Stevens blood. Me being the wind up I am messages him asking asking about them...he said nicks roxy was the grandmother of the pups. Imagine how long ago it was that bitch was alive...she was the start of it all. yet she's the grandmother to the pups just to sell. The man's a fecking eejit. He was judging the lurchers at Caerphilly show Monday. DB. Funny how so many of 'nick stevens' terriers names have come about since the book hit the market. The peddlers couldn't name half the terriers nick had before the book...thinking about it, neither could I ?

I seen who was judging and the bloke is a fool haha

I don't no what the attraction is with the stevens dogs! (unless in service) Only ever seen a handful of goodun's and they were dogs, and bitches not worth mentioning! Iv seen a few from most of the ns enthusiasts kennels, perhaps Iv just been unlucky in what Iv seen but more then most were shocking!..

I didn't go for her because she's a Stevens dog, I went for her because I was put on to a good line. Just happens to be Stevens blood

The guy that has been taking me out has Stevens blood - different strain to mine - and his dogs do the job just fine

I've got bitches here I'd work in anyone's company, I've got steady and bay mix, right through to absolutely bonkers.

I keep saying it, NS terriers won't suit the bulk of terrier men, they're very intelligent, some are slow to mature, unless you're willing to put the effort in to get a good bond you'll do no good.

• Like 10