Controversial !

there is no doubt of bull blood being added , but i'm sure it wasn't staff blood , think you find when Cyril Breay was asked how his bull looking bitch gem was breed he was quoted he believed the line originated in Wales :)

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some old adverts in magazines from 1900s ,,that mention Blue polls,

There's a lot of bull in some lads yards. bull shit.

i first posted that photo , its nuttall bred , and before you all start saying staff blood and making fools of yourself you need to know that dog was tiny , the bull bllood in what is now called the p

Posted Images

I'd hazard that Blue Paul's were likely gone by the time Mr Breay had his dogs

Perhaps there were enclaves still about though, it's possible I suppose

They're essentially (supposedly) where the blue comes from in Staffs and Am Staffs. One of the localised bull terrier breeds that would've been added into the mix

I have seen the odd blue or even lilac Patterdale for sale - perhaps it goes back to this addition?

Edited by Dead Eyes

I would have thought that the Blue Paul was gone before Mr Breays time if you consider that he died in the 70s and the bulk of his breeding was probably from the 30s on wards . If the History books are to be believed the Blue Paul was gone before this.

The Blue Paul was just a localised Scottish fighting dog the same as the Staffordshire was to the English Black Country.

It's also believed that the Blue Paul became extinct when the Scottish dog fighters started to meet the English dog fighters.

If Roger Westmoreland shot all of Mr Breays stock after his death that's very sad indeed but obviously there was enough left for the legacy it left.

Some writers make the claim that the Blue Paul was a cross between a Bull Terrier and the Bedlington, who knows hey.

I don't believe all the rubbish such has they died out because they were too fight crazy, the same is said of the Cordoba Fighting Dog.

Edited by DogMan85

Some writers make the claim that the Blue Paul was a cross between a Bull Terrier and the Bedlington, who knows hey.

I don't believe all the rubbish such has they died out because they were too fight crazy, the same is said of the Cordoba Fighting Dog.

Bedlington fanciers tale

The blue in a bedlington is genetically a different type than the blue in bull types

• Like 2

Bedlington fanciers tale

The blue in a bedlington is genetically a different type than the blue in bull types

Isn't the Blue a dilution of Black?

Bedlington fanciers tale

Isn't the Blue a dilution of Black?

Yes it is in almost all breeds. It's more of a slate colour in bedlingtons and isn't the same, genetically

I don't understand the uproar about Bull being in the mix of the working Terrier, it's clear to see in a lot of dogs around today that many have a strong Bull influence. Does it make you feel any better that the APBT almost certainly has Terrier in the mix? ?

• Like 1

there is no doubt of bull blood being added , but i'm sure it wasn't staff blood , think you find when Cyril Breay was asked how his bull looking bitch gem was breed he was quoted he believed the line originated in Wales :)

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a show dog first and foremost but plenty were still worked, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Staff was added into certain working Terrier strains.

Maybe the Blue Paul was influnced by the Chow that was first brought over here in the late 1700's.

i heard some pirate brought them in-maybe from the south china seas-i was in cambodia 10 years ago or so-theres these black stray dogs all over the place-they look like a cross between a pit and a dingo.