Controversial !

Some writers make the claim that the Blue Paul was a cross between a Bull Terrier and the Bedlington, who knows hey.

I don't believe all the rubbish such has they died out because they were too fight crazy, the same is said of the Cordoba Fighting Dog.

Bedlington fanciers tale

The blue in a bedlington is genetically a different type than the blue in bull types

Isn't the Blue a dilution of Black?
Yes it is in almost all breeds. It's more of a slate colour in bedlingtons and isn't the same, genetically
from the poodle influence i wonder?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some old adverts in magazines from 1900s ,,that mention Blue polls,

There's a lot of bull in some lads yards. bull shit.

i first posted that photo , its nuttall bred , and before you all start saying staff blood and making fools of yourself you need to know that dog was tiny , the bull bllood in what is now called the p

Posted Images

Maybe the Blue Paul was influnced by the Chow that was first brought over here in the late 1700's.

i heard some pirate brought them in-maybe from the south china seas-i was in cambodia 10 years ago or so-theres these black stray dogs all over the place-they look like a cross between a pit and a dingo.

I've seen Chow and Shar Pei type dogs over there and they are completely different from the show stuff we have over here in looks and performance.

Has anyone heard of the Chongqing dog of China? It's clear to see this ancient breed has a connection with the Bull-type dogs IMO.

There's a name for the bull breed type of head, but I can't think of it right now

Many, many breeds have it

Has anyone heard of the Chongqing dog of China? It's clear to see this ancient breed has a connection with the Bull-type dogs IMO.

There's a name for the bull breed type of head, but I can't think of it right now

Many, many breeds have it

I hope you don't mean Brachycephalic? I wouldn't say the APBT has that type head.

Blue Pauls, were a huge Scotish fighting dog that was long gone before Breay was born.

Yes they were reputed to be dead game but too big and heavy to be of any use in the pits of the south (where the money was) and so died out.

If any proof is needed then look to their cousin, the (british) bulldog. That poor b*****d hung around long enough for the kennel club to form and get their grubby little mitts on it and turn it into the monstrosity we see today.

More than any other breed, the bulldog has been fecked by those show nutters because of what it was/is and how people covert that type of dog and you dont have to think too hard that if the Blue Paul was around it would have gone the same way!!!

Westmoorland didnt shoot Breays dogs but Breays daughter and son-in-law may have...

Blue Pauls, were a huge Scotish fighting dog that was long gone before Breay was born.

Yes they were reputed to be dead game but too big and heavy to be of any use in the pits of the south (where the money was) and so died out.

If any proof is needed then look to their cousin, the (british) bulldog. That poor b*****d hung around long enough for the kennel club to form and get their grubby little mitts on it and turn it into the monstrosity we see today.

More than any other breed, the bulldog has been fecked by those show nutters because of what it was/is and how people covert that type of dog and you dont have to think too hard that if the Blue Paul was around it would have gone the same way!!!

Westmoorland didnt shoot Breays dogs but Breays daughter and son-in-law may have...

So is it Blue Poll or Paul? Sure I heard Seaton Burn in Northumberland stated somewhere.And what I read was a long way before Breays era.I agree with what someone said before that it was most likely a local pit type.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of the Chongging dog. There is a Chincha Bulldog mentioned in Dr. Dieter Fleig's Fighting Dog Breeds. They existed in Peru from the period 1100 to 1470 AD, long before Pizarro destroyed the Inca culture in 1533. Fleig uses it as an example of the school of thought that dog types in many places of the world have arisen completely independently of one-another. The Bull and greyhound type maybe more than others.

It's all romance pal, the vast majority of APBT'S are not Dead Game in fact most will quit under the right circumstances.

The facts are if the Blue Paul was in any way superior to the dogs over here their influence would be a lot more prevalent in that field.

• Like 3