Controversial !

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Just a normal peddler then .

I definitely wouldn’t say that. But we could have different views on what a peddler is or isn’t. 

To me selling dogs doesn’t automatically make someone a peddler IMO if the objective of the breeder is to produce quality working dogs they can sell as many dogs as they want and I wouldn’t consider them a peddler. Now I do think that if they will sell a dog to anyone with the cash that is peddling.  As long as there is due dull done on who they are selling a dog to I’m good with that. Now I do understand what you are saying because o also fell the a breeders honesty is important. But I’m talking more about being honest about the working ability of the site and dam. I’m not saying it’s right to not give the correct pedigree but they had been going on since the very beginning. And it is more  or less not something most generally make a big deal about. There are breeders who I definitely would not go to because they have been known to say a dog is from a certain bloodline when truthfully it is completely different than advertised. 

When it comes to Floyd’s dogs it was only done to a very few I’m talking less then 4. And the dogs in question are still from his family of dog’s which are all based off of the same group of about half a dozen dogs. 

personally I’ve never even sold a single dog. And if I am able to I keep the whole litter and if not I give them to a just a few people who I know will do right by them and use them for working purposes 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some old adverts in magazines from 1900s ,,that mention Blue polls,

There's a lot of bull in some lads yards. bull shit.

i first posted that photo , its nuttall bred , and before you all start saying staff blood and making fools of yourself you need to know that dog was tiny , the bull bllood in what is now called the p

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Bolero wouldn’t be ABC by any chance lol.

I have no idea why that stands for lo Bolero was a dog who a good friend of mine owned who was one of the best Bitches in  in the history of the breed. And is the dog his family of dogs is based off of and produced good enough that a whole line of dogs is built around her

Just now, Bolero said:

I have no idea why that stands for lo Bolero was a dog who a good friend of mine owned who was one of the best Bitches in  in the history of the breed. And is the dog his family of dogs is based off of and produced good enough that a whole line of dogs is built around her

Fair enough mate .We’ve had a bad experience with lads from your side the pond trying to extract peds from us here to peddle shite your side .If your genuine ,welcome mate and let’s see some decent hunting threads .
We ain’t big on drawn out threads about dead dogs in peds so let’s see some of these legends please .

No pics ,never happened mind .

Just now, foxdropper said:

A peddler is anyone who breeds dogs for first and foremost the money mate .Anyone who cares about the work breeds only to fulfil replacement .No other consideration comes into it .Surplus are GIVEN away to like minded people or culled .

By your definition 99% of dog men are peddlers lol. Floyd doesn’t make a living of selling dogs and if you know the man you would know financially he’s barely above the poverty line lol. Also he doesn’t sell whole litters. Most are sold to working kennels or dog men. Only 1 mayb to might be sold to someone who shows them in ADBA conformation shows. And the sane group of people that buy dogs from him have been doing so for the last 12-15 years. If the dogs make the cut they let him know and also let him know if they don’t and he has access to breed to whichever dog best fits his standards 

If he’s selling dogs regular mate ,he dosnt have work at the heart of it nor do the brood bitches see much work .Dress it all you want he’s a peddler .

Lads here will breed a bitch once maybe twice if she’s very good and only when needed .More dogs kept than can ever be worked isn’t conducive to producing decent stock .

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If he’s selling dogs regular mate ,he dosnt have work at the heart of it nor do the brood bitches see much work .Dress it all you want he’s a peddler .

Lads here will breed a bitch once maybe twice if she’s very good and only when needed .More dogs kept than can ever be worked isn’t conducive to producing decent stock .

And you can dress it up any way to want also. But seeing as the guys who compete at the highest levels have been using his line of dogs since the 1960’s and more than 60% of the greatest match dogs in the history of the sport were either directly from breedings he personally made himself or were bred by other people whose dogs were bred directly by him. 

I don’t really know what you know about thee dogs in the states but the majority of top competitors/breeders who compete with what they breed based there programs on the Eli/Carver line of dogs. Which are just tow strains from the same family of dogs which is the Dibo family. 

I really don’t know your knowledge level s far as genetics and breeding goes and how lines are formed through line breeding, inbreeding and occasional outcrosses

21 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’m not going to sit her and argue AKC and forth I’m just going to say that about 150 plus years of performance dog breeding of all different types has shown not to agree with your opinion lol. And this can verified from records kept by the breeders of the many different working dog venues