Lidle Find

just reading wiki,,,,and they are either black leopards or black jaguar ,,,,reading on it appears there are good populations of black leopards in some regions of the world...it also says there are no black puma,,,none have ever been recorded

wich begs a few questions,,,,asuming the black cats that are being reported are leopards,,,cos there the most common between jaguar and leopard,,,,wouldnt most of there kills be up trees??

or is the tree stashing ,,just african savana leopards that do it ,,protecting food from other big cats...genuin question??,,,a bit more reading i think

what I don't get tomo is why can't normal ones escape?

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

just reading wiki,,,,and they are either black leopards or black jaguar ,,,,reading on it appears there are good populations of black leopards in some regions of the world...it also says there are no black puma,,,none have ever been recorded

wich begs a few questions,,,,asuming the black cats that are being reported are leopards,,,cos there the most common between jaguar and leopard,,,,wouldnt most of there kills be up trees??

or is the tree stashing ,,just african savana leopards that do it ,,protecting food from other big cats...genuin question??,,,a bit more reading i think

It could simply be, that they weren't as fashionable. Either that, or its simply a myth lol

• Like 1

Wild Cats are really hard to see in the wild, really illusive.so i can understand very few sightings ?

BUT there really easy to trap, so i find it hard to believe theres, not been any recorded captures here in the uk.

I would like to think that there are big cats living and breeding in the UK

Greyman.

But what happens when socks views the footage.

He ain't no big cat expert as far as I know.im not knocking him at all

But socks will come on here and say.

I've just viewed the footage and I'm convinced that it confirms that Greyman has indeed got footage of big cats..

Then people will question socks on his knowledge and experience of big cats which is nil.

And say how can a lurcher man verify that it's real 100% evidence.

It's just going to go around in circles I think.

Greyman have you been in touch with big cat experts around the world.

There's African big cat documentarys on tv.

Where the film makers man and wife have spent 30+yrs living in Africa filming nearly every day.i would think they can say yes or no to the footage.

Socks isn't a world wide authority on big cats.

He's a lurcher man who catches rabbits for a living.

You might aswell show it to a doctor or a Plummer or dentist.

Like I said I'm not knocking socks.

But he can't make a yes or no decision.

On the subject.

Your right mate I'm not an expert but I have seen numerous big cats in their natural environment including lions cheetahs leapords lynx jaguar and mountain lion and if the footage is decent I don't think you need to be a big cat expert we all know the difference between a big moggy and a real predator .......

That's fair enough socks.

I was under the impression that you haven't even seen a big cat in the wild apart from a zoo.

Be interesting to see what you think then.

I spent four months in Kenya and seen big cats on a daily basis and I've been to Canada and Belize numerous times and whilst more difficult to see I did see big cats in both places ... I also witnessed a grizzly that was to close for comfort but that's another story ........

Greyman.

I've just viewed the footage and I'm convinced that it confirms that Greyman has indeed got footage of big cats..

Then people will question socks on his knowledge and experience of big cats which is nil.

Where the film makers man and wife have spent 30+yrs living in Africa filming nearly every day.i would think they can say yes or no to the footage.

On the subject.

Your right mate I'm not an expert but I have seen numerous big cats in their natural environment including lions cheetahs leapords lynx jaguar and mountain lion and if the footage is decent I don't think you need to be a big cat expert we all know the difference between a big moggy and a real predator .......

I was under the impression that you haven't even seen a big cat in the wild apart from a zoo.

I spent four months in Kenya and seen big cats on a daily basis and I've been to Canada and Belize numerous times and whilst more difficult to see I did see big cats in both places ... I also witnessed a grizzly that was to close for comfort but that's another story ........

Hi Socks

did you see a Cougar while you was in canada ? I lived out there for 7 years and never managed to see one LOL

but there wasnt that many around were i lived, it was a bit to far north of there range. there was a lot of Lynx though

I did hunt down in southern bc near vancouver with a friend, and tried calling over fresh tracks but no luck

cheers Dan

7 years ... top tip fella maybe walk around quietly with your eyes open .......

Greyman.

On the subject.

Greyman.

On the subject.

Hi Socks

did you see a Cougar while you was in canada ? I lived out there for 7 years and never managed to see one LOL

but there wasnt that many around were i lived, it was a bit to far north of there range. there was a lot of Lynx though

I did hunt down in southern bc near vancouver with a friend, and tried calling over fresh tracks but no luck

cheers Dan

LOL

So tell us about the big cats you saw in belize and canada ?

As regards socks "credibility" as a big cat expert .

Me myself , all i expect for him is to look at the picture and basically say

"Yeah i can see something that looks massively like a big cat , that's convinced me "

"Can't really see properly what it is , yeah it looks like a big cat but it could be a shadow or anything "

" It's a cat , i can see the bell on its neck "

• Like 1

Another cat kill report in St. Albans it's on the Mail on line site if anyone wants to have a look or put a link up, also I,d like to apologise to socks, seems his integrity is now beig brought under scrutiny for agreeing to veiw the footage,

No need to apologise to me mate as I've stated I will be fair and say the truth regarding what I see ... the people off here that have met me know I will say it as it is ......
I'm looking forward to your opinion .If it's great footage you don't need to be a expert
sadly it's not the greatest footage it's at night when the camera is in black and white but it's clear enough to know what your looking at, truth be told there are no real experts in this subject just a few enthusiastic amateurs as its a mythical creature that some believe and many don't, I have had the pics looked at by a few people that I would consider expert in the subject and I can show socks the replys I have had back from them as well if it helps
so you have unclear footage at night?

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/06/25/lair-of-the-leopard-to-cache-kills-leopards-prefer-caves-over-trees/

Greyman.

On the subject.

Greyman.

On the subject.

Hi Socks

cheers Dan

LOL

So tell us about the big cats you saw in belize and canada ?

I can't because I haven't got any photographic evidence....

Just show us the fecking footage God almighty, it's not as though you're giving away top military or national security secrets is it.......

Hey dogfox there's loads of folk could say the same thing about your pad video.

Just show us the fecking footage God almighty, it's not as though you're giving away top military or national security secrets is it.......

ah finished giving advice on the Joshua/klitchko thread and he,s back,but no your right it's not a top military or national security video it's mine and if I could give you any advice in life it would be to shut your mouth and open your ears now and again then maybe people would be willing to share things with you, because if I,m honest if you lived next door to me,I think I,d still rather drive a hundred miles to meet socks, cheers,
  • Like 4

Another cat kill report in St. Albans it's on the Mail on line site if anyone wants to have a look or put a link up, also I,d like to apologise to socks, seems his integrity is now beig brought under scrutiny for agreeing to veiw the footage,

No need to apologise to me mate as I've stated I will be fair and say the truth regarding what I see ... the people off here that have met me know I will say it as it is ......
I'm looking forward to your opinion .If it's great footage you don't need to be a expert
sadly it's not the greatest footage it's at night when the camera is in black and white but it's clear enough to know what your looking at, truth be told there are no real experts in this subject just a few enthusiastic amateurs as its a mythical creature that some believe and many don't, I have had the pics looked at by a few people that I would consider expert in the subject and I can show socks the replys I have had back from them as well if it helps
so you have unclear footage at night?
it's clear enough to see what's on the camera, but it certainly would not be clear enough to get on a David attingborough film, and as the video is only ten seconds long you need to watch it a few times, but once you have got your eye in on it it you can clearly see what is walking past my camera and I caught it twice three days apart, and between the two clips it's quite obvious what it is,