Landlord Refuses To Let To Ethnicities That Eat A Lot Of Curry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/29/britains-biggest-landlord-bans-coloured-people-curry-smell/

How dare you decide who you let your own property to!

Rebecca Hilsenrath, chief executive of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said: "There are still deep inequalities in our society as our race report demonstrated and these comments show why.
"As a country we all assume we have left the dark ages behind, but clearly there is more to be done.
"We will investigate and will be asking Mr Wilson to explain his actions. Unless we are satisfied that he will not break the law in the future we will take legal action".

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last year I was in the UK I was on the road doing maintenance on rental properties & even people you'd assume were respectable are still fcuking filth!!   We rent out a property here in Brus

you have to be very carfull with how you word things,,,we turn folk away at work,,,and we DONT have to give a reason,,,it gets right up folks back,,,they stand there demanding you tell them,,,you cant

Up to him, I told my estate agent not to send any darkies round cause I wouldn't sell the house to them.......thought he was gonna piss in his pants the face on him ! Lol

So basically he's banned lots of types of people but it's only an issue when it comes to race? Standard!!!!

I remember being at a conference and helping a pakistani lady unload her car a top of the range BMW she said she had , had it less than a month and it stank of curry , there was no new leather smell only curry

• Like 1

you have to be very carfull with how you word things,,,we turn folk away at work,,,and we DONT have to give a reason,,,it gets right up folks back,,,they stand there demanding you tell them,,,you cant do it based on race,,,but we can say,,your not a studant,,,or your not dressed right,,,

were hes droped a bollock is mentioning colour,,,if he just stuck with curry ,,or not said anything,and turned down aplicants ,,there would be no hastle

• Like 3

you have to be very carfull with how you word things,,,we turn folk away at work,,,and we DONT have to give a reason,,,it gets right up folks back,,,they stand there demanding you tell them,,,you cant do it based on race,,,but we can say,,your not a studant,,,or your not dressed right,,,

were hes droped a bollock is mentioning colour,,,if he just stuck with curry ,,or not said anything,and turned down aplicants ,,there would be no hastle

Where he dropped the bollock is saying anything at all.

Landlords put all manner of restrictions on tenancies - no pets, no kids, no housing benefit etc and nobody gives a monkey's. I once had to pay for a CRB check to secure a house....

Mention "coloured people" and "curry", however........

• Like 1

based on the below from the linked article, I reckon 90% of people on this forum wouldn't be able to rent from him..

I know I wouldn't and nearly every member I've met would be excluded..

his call, looks like he's at the stage in life where he doesn't give a shit

Earlier this year Mr Wilson, 69, made headlines after saying he would no longer accept victims of domestic violence as tenants because jealous or angry partners typically cause damage by kicking down front doors and punching holes in the interior.

Single parents, workers on low incomes, families with children, pet owners, smokers and single adults are also among those who Mr Wilson has barred from his properties.

The last year I was in the UK I was on the road doing maintenance on rental properties & even people you'd assume were respectable are still fcuking filth!!

We rent out a property here in Brussels & only advertise on a specific website that caters for professionals within the European commission. It sounds snobby, but at least it cuts down on the chance of filthy fcukwits in your property :-)

• Like 4

when i was in hospital having a triple bypass i asked for an indian guy to be moved if not him then me as his family brought curries in for him every day and the ward stunk of them and it was either the smell of him or the curries that made me boak

worse again dont rent propert out to alkis like old member on here blasde 1 aka calling hall,still finding empty vodca bottles hidden all over the house,and thats without ripping me off,hopefull he will kill himself with drink he ripped off me and so many good mates off

I have been lucky with the tenants I have had with my properties but I would be hesitant renting to someone from the sub continent unless the area was already full of them. Odour is a real issue and I don't blame the man for not wanting his property devalued in that way.