High And Low Points Of The Season

I've got far more enjoyment out of seeing mates young dogs making the grade this season, a bitch I really had high hopes for came to nothing and a dog I've had in kennels which is a nightmare to kennel made a great start and hasn't put a foot wrong, even though my mates like him more than I do.

• Like 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Low point this season was without doubt loosing my good bitch after a sticky dig that went on a lot longer than it should have,but that's a another story,she put in an 8 hour shift but it took its tol

Had some very enjoyable days in good company with the usual suspects. But the high for me would be two five foot digs one immediately after the other (one of which proved awkward), with my 11 year old

I can't believe what I'm reading. Most of us have land we hunt that we fought hard for. I wouldn't be happy to see lads on it. But it's not my land so apart from tell land owner or farmer he had unwan

Posted Images

High point for me is gaining some top permission. Bad point, I had a pup that didn't work out. I couldn't get him to travel, i had a feeling he didn't have it in him but I gave him enough time. Looking forward to the next season with a youngster ready to go.

• Like 1

High points were not blanking and have 5 digs in one day when some friends visited.

Low points were having the gout twice and not having a van for a month all accumulating in my smallest tally in years. But thankfully had no new entry but I have for next year so that's something to look forward too.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.

• Like 4

High points were i started a young bitch and dug her 12 times and she worked a treat everytime,low point was my mate lost a very good bitch on her 1st outing of the season,to anxious to get to her quarry and pushed up so tight she smothered but apart from that we had a very good season with a good over all tally,roll on next september.

• Like 1

High points landed some good permissions and was gifted some real terrier pups off good working lines off 2 very good terriermen low points had to admit to my self that my first terrier joe was a coward a hard thing to do for me as we had a real good bond

• Like 4

Low point, my young bitch not reaching the expectations I had for her. High points, digging to some good dogs of close friends and a young dog pup of mine shaping up nicely and looking interested. Time to enjoy the summer fishing and counting the days until next season.

• Like 1

High point ,dug to a Beddy .

Low point ,bitch couldn't get to a small vixen on keepered ground last weekend .Root city and bitch too big .

nice to see someone admits the dog was to big and not the earth to tight

• Like 2

Had some very enjoyable days in good company with the usual suspects. But the high for me would be two five foot digs one immediately after the other (one of which proved awkward), with my 11 year old dog, all done in style in the company of my 10 year old disabled son. He had been out with hounds before but this was our first father-son only digs together, he even climbed in and got on the spade. The low was losing a young bitch out of said dog.

• Like 14

The highs were all the good days, spent in good company and enjoying the craic, aswell as the dogs putting in some good shifts.

The low for me has to be a young dog not making what I had hoped for after a promising few digs at the end of last season.

But that's terriers.

F*** FD I wouldn't mind a season like that! Where a dog failing to reach the quarry was the low point!lol

Im not usually a quitter in fact I hate it .I'd rather have chopped the roots all day but the keeper was having none of it and persuaded me to leave it .It tried to bolt once but young dog on lead put it back in before it bottled under a tree .Was a ratting trip first that turned into a dig after bitch dropped in uncollared in a shallow rabbity spot .I'm not used to a dog not having a result either through it not wanting it or myself giving up so yes it was a low point to end the season .I've never bred dogs for the tight spots and know it was a big ask but given time I would of had her reward .