Russia's Hooligan Army Bbc 2

Of course little Timmy can go to the match with his dad thats normal boyhood memories i remember going with my ol fella and i remember taking my own son......but as my father prepared me and as i prepared my son for what its like at the football nothing came as a shock.

If you want the Rugby culture go to Rugby......if you want the footie culture go to footie its simple decisions we make in life.... football is far safer than it was when we was kids so if little Timmy scares easy maybe his father needs to teach him a thing or two about life.

It's not about kids that scare easily. It's about the full grown blokes that harbour some romantic notion of football hooliganism when, the truth is, they were bang out of order.

Innocent people would get caught up in their crap, people were assaulted, pubs (someones livelihood) would be trashed, cars would be damaged etc - all a knock on effect of someones match day alcohol/drug fueled 'fun'.

Of course a boy can be prepared for a bit of noise and language but, violence and disorder?

No romantic notion here, I will hold my hands up to what I did, but I don't see it as a romantic notion ffs. I have said myself in previous posts hooligans are in the past let it stay there and I would be the first to deter my kids from doing the same..........It's happened its in the past, will I reminisce them years with guys who done the same.........YES..........will I have a pang of guilt.....NO
Fair comment but, those from the past and those trying to emulate it now should be ashamed of themselves for the way their actions have and do effect other people.

Well you have your opinions and I respect that. ATB ...Del

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average Russian/Ukraine/Croat football hooligan sees the English as superstars as we were the pioneers of what 30 years later they now see as a popular pastime for young lads......hence the Englis

Leeds Gnasher, Had a real scary do at your place think it was 81-82 season, came unstuck that day, but hey it wasn't the first or last time lol.   Your place and St Andrews where the two occasions

Ye i agree with the odds things, I once saw a Scouser getting done over by 6 blokes I was gonna steam in and help but thought 6 should be enough

Of course little Timmy can go to the match with his dad thats normal boyhood memories i remember going with my ol fella and i remember taking my own son......but as my father prepared me and as i prepared my son for what its like at the football nothing came as a shock.

If you want the Rugby culture go to Rugby......if you want the footie culture go to footie its simple decisions we make in life.... football is far safer than it was when we was kids so if little Timmy scares easy maybe his father needs to teach him a thing or two about life.

It's not about kids that scare easily. It's about the full grown blokes that harbour some romantic notion of football hooliganism when, the truth is, they were bang out of order.

Innocent people would get caught up in their crap, people were assaulted, pubs (someones livelihood) would be trashed, cars would be damaged etc - all a knock on effect of someones match day alcohol/drug fueled 'fun'.

Of course a boy can be prepared for a bit of noise and language but, violence and disorder?

No romantic notion here, I will hold my hands up to what I did, but I don't see it as a romantic notion ffs. I have said myself in previous posts hooligans are in the past let it stay there and I would be the first to deter my kids from doing the same..........It's happened its in the past, will I reminisce them years with guys who done the same.........YES..........will I have a pang of guilt.....NO
Fair comment but, those from the past and those trying to emulate it now should be ashamed of themselves for the way their actions have and do effect other people.

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

We all do things what we deem enjoyable but offend others...........take hunting for example :thumbs: think I've said enough on this topic much more and I will be nipping into town for new stone island jacket lol

Why should any one from there past be ashamed Jon it was part of culture nothing different from young lads brawling in a pub today it was about a day out with your mates fashion and music family's and scarves and were left alone you seeked liked minded lads usually well after the game

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 2

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

We all do things what we deem enjoyable but offend others...........take hunting for example :thumbs: think I've said enough on this topic much more and I will be nipping into town for new stone island jacket lol

I'm sure you'll look lovely in it :thumbs::laugh:

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

I doubt it lol........my years greatly outnumber the size of my chest now.............thats when you know it's game over :laugh:

• Like 2

Why should any one from there past be ashamed Jon it was part of culture nothing different from young lads brawling in a pub today it was about a day out with your mates fashion and music family's and scarves and were left alone you seemed liked minded lads usually well after the game

Because it wasn't just violence that effected only those involved. There'll be a lot of occasions where it spilled over and effected people that were uninvolved in one way or another and, I guarantee that at the time, those perpetrating those acts couldn't give a f**k who they effected. It's very basic biochemical psychology at its worst.

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

I doubt it lol........my years greatly outnumber the size of my chest now.............thats when you know it's game over :laugh:

haha, im nearly at that stage!

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

i remember when wolves played millwall at home , this was back 70s . they millwall had got in to the wolves end (north bank) it kicked off all over in there i got punched in the back of the head , but got a good boot in to one of them, and lost me shoe , they were loafers back in them days bloody good shoe with leather sole , so was out side just in me socks holding me one shoe haha .But it was very bad really , alot of the millwall tossers were tooled up , with out weapons wolves would have kicked the shit out of them deff . there was one real bad do, 2 wolves lads were walking down stafford rd , when a big ford van pulled up , and from what i was told later in the pub , a dozen of them jumped there 2 lads, one manged to get away but the other the left him unconscious . the lad was taken to the hospital , and from hiding he took , it gave him (shingles ) that was being in shock . it took him ages to get over the shingles :yes: . this the bad side to football , where innocent fans get hurt , thats what i dont like :yes:

• Like 2

So to all you experienced lads was there a rule book to these dust ups ... if some one from an opposing side was knocked out would he be left alone ... would anymore than three guys on one bloke be frowned upon ... I know absolutely nothing about this but it's an interesting subject ........

So to all you experienced lads was there a rule book to these dust ups ... if some one from an opposing side was knocked out would he be left alone ... would anymore than three guys on one bloke be frowned upon ... I know absolutely nothing about this but it's an interesting subject ........

norm ken , if a person was getting duffed up, and went down on the deck or rolled up in a ball, he be left alone , they had beaten them and if it was on away ground better still. but some teams were just pure out and out cowards, not all , some had bad reputation for not being hard , but just tooled up , anybody tough with a stanley knife in there hands . if it just feet/fists one to one ok no prob , but it wasnt mate, thats what i didnt like. i had few bangs and bumps with the wolves, but it was always fare and no weapons and as above one to one who wanted a knock :yes:

Likewise Del.

Atb mate.

i remember when wolves played millwall at home , this was back 70s . they millwall had got in to the wolves end (north bank) it kicked off all over in there i got punched in the back of the head , but got a good boot in to one of them, and lost me shoe , they were loafers back in them days bloody good shoe with leather sole , so was out side just in me socks holding me one shoe haha .But it was very bad really , alot of the millwall tossers were tooled up , with out weapons wolves would have kicked the shit out of them deff . there was one real bad do, 2 wolves lads were walking down stafford rd , when a big ford van pulled up , and from what i was told later in the pub , a dozen of them jumped there 2 lads, one manged to get away but the other the left him unconscious . the lad was taken to the hospital , and from hiding he took , it gave him (shingles ) that was being in shock . it took him ages to get over the shingles :yes: . this the bad side to football , where innocent fans get hurt , thats what i dont like :yes:

Haha, made me laugh picturing you hopping about with one shoe on......lol...bet they were white socks you had on too..lol

Ive had the absolute shit kicked out of me at the footie as a youngster where ive had mates apologise a few days later for leaving me because their arse went and describing how my head was bouncing off the floor etc......there was nothing fair about terrace culture you made your name when you went against the odds not steaming in mob handed against 1 or 2 i had a kicking outside the old City ground just me and 2 mates with a good 12 -13 Forest fans getting into us but i guarantee they went home with more respect for West Ham than we,ve ever had for Forest.....no you wouldnt carry on giving it to someone if they was out nobody wanted to kill anyone....but numbers wise that was all part of the fun all these lads reminiscing here will remember that fear/adrenalin fight or flight feeling of being outnumbered that's what it was all about........today they think they,ve had a result if they throw some plastic chairs !!....they were fun times but its gone now.

And Jon jon i can be respectful but i cant be polite this time.......your being a fanny :D ............this non confrontational protect everyone from everything die rather than offend somebody culture we now have is probably whats caused us to be the most walked over nation on earth !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

Brings out some contradictions in people the old fighting at the match ,I have spoken to people who condemned it in the strongest terms and yet took a bit of pride in it if their own crowd had a bit of success ,personally I loved it as a youngster ,I even used to go to away matches with Everton if they had a fixture that looked promising BTW Evertons mob was a lot tougher than Liverpool's

It was a sub culture that was of its time ,I am neither proud or ashamed ,I enjoyed it ,that's all ,and like the youngster says it belongs in the past .

• Like 1

And Jon jon i can be respectful but i cant be polite this time.......your being a fanny :D ............this non confrontational protect everyone from everything die rather than offend somebody culture we now have is probably whats caused us to be the most walked over nation on earth !

I can live with that ;)

....... It's only words and, I've been called a lot worse.

My comments are all about grown blokes that can't hold their drink and/or control their emotions and, think it perfectly acceptable to act like animals.

Like it or not, it does effective people that want no part of it.

That sort of example being shown to the next generations is what's wrong with this country.

I have no problem with offence or violence being used when necessary. There's a time and a place. Society would better if people had enough respect to realise it.

Brings out some contradictions in people the old fighting at the match ,I have spoken to people who condemned it in the strongest terms and yet took a bit of pride in it if their own crowd had a bit of success ,personally I loved it as a youngster ,I even used to go to away matches with Everton if they had a fixture that looked promising BTW Evertons mob was a lot tougher than Liverpool's

It was a sub culture that was of its time ,I am neither proud or ashamed ,I enjoyed it ,that's all ,and like the youngster says it belongs in the past .

I was in the away end at Everton when we got beat, 3-0 I think in the fa cup, two scousers stood behind us telling us we were gonna get stabbed at the end of the match, must have been about 75, I remember I had my school jumper on, Pringle black crew neck lol

We didnt by the way but they ran us to the train :D

Cheers, D.