Rhodesian Ridgeback Bushing

Hannibal

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not trying to re invent the wheel guys nor am I claiming it is the new next best thing. I've rescued the bitch from being put down and hopefully she will find a place in my pack and she will slot

The bitch is doing just fine. She has settled right in with the family and my other dogs. She is a good watch dog to have knocking round the yard. Hunting wise she is very keen and seems to have team

You know what's fellas,f**k it I'll post what I like about what I like. The mighty hunter brigade pissed me off a bit but oh well. It's quite amusing how people get so offended about what another man

Posted Images

I think good on the bloke for giving a dog a home with some work.Saying that, as I've got older I wan't to have the best dog for the job I can get.If only hunting rabbits I prefer small bushers and small lurchers.I leave the bulldogs home to guard the house as Ive found mainly get in the way of the rabbit dogs.Turning a quiet day out into a nightmare.

Edited by Aussie Whip

f**k knows how many pages and bollox that's been written about this fellas dog. He never said it would be a world beater. He's given a dog a second chance and its s bounus it's going to be around a working environment. I'm sure the lad couldn't care less if works or not. Either way it's going to have plenty of fun.

• Like 3

I like the look of the more houndy built ones with a bit of a boof head (looks like your new bitch might go that way when she gets fit) and bearing in mind that i have never spent any time with one this is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Bloke brought 2 to the hill last year at grouse and they were worse than useless.

Poddled about doing a sum total of nothing and not really looking for anything. Got cold by the end of the second drive and he had to leave them in the vehicles, which meant that when the beaters got back at the end of the drive they couldn't get into shelter for 2 Ridgebacks guarding the land rover. They also took up an amazing amount of space in the vehicle .......... safe to say they were not popular and havent been back.

Granted, the landrover bit isnt something that should make you go one way or the other but the lack of drive, hardiness and size are all (in my book) a hinderance.

Having said all that, you have the dog so you might as well try it and i might well be proved wrong.

As I have said a couple of times,I'm not saying this bitch is the new best busher on the planet. She is a young dog who was going to be PTS as the old boy who owned her is ill and did not have any one to take her on. She is a nice dog who is a good guard dog.

She has slotted in nicely with my pack,keen to get involved with the others smashing about. Had her out a couple of times now and she is obedient,keen and it looks like she will earn her keep. No she may not be a purpose bred super fantastic hound like some of you fellas own but combined with my terrier she will do a job for the runners

Either way she will have a good life. I won't post about her again ,did' t realise people get so offended

Cheers Hannibal

• Like 2

As I have said a couple of times,I'm not saying this bitch is the new best busher on the planet. She is a young dog who was going to be PTS as the old boy who owned her is ill and did not have any one to take her on. She is a nice dog who is a good guard dog.

She has slotted in nicely with my pack,keen to get involved with the others smashing about. Had her out a couple of times now and she is obedient,keen and it looks like she will earn her keep. No she may not be a purpose bred super fantastic hound like some of you fellas own but combined with my terrier she will do a job for the runners

Either way she will have a good life. I won't post about her again ,did' t realise people get so offended

Cheers Hannibal

So long your happy an enjoying her company that's all that matters.

Cheers Hannibal

Feck em pal keep the posts coming nice to see someone just out for the craic and enjoying it no one need to catch big numbers unless your doing it for a living

• Like 4

Hannibal, I find it a damned shame that you feel no longer willing to post. The whole snobbery thing with dogs, or life in general has always dumbfounded me. If you look at the Terrier and Lurcher sections on THL you will find people belittling all bushing dogs. Crazy. I don't often look at the hound or gundog sections but have experienced hunters of both types looking down on terriers and lurchers. And it goes on. More to do peoples lack of self worth than anything else I think.

Saving an animal from being PTS is commendable in my opinion but giving it a good quality of life, getting her fit and allowing the dog develop any working ability she me possess is something to condone and respect not criticised or belittled. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you update us on her progress from time to time.

• Like 6

You know what's fellas,f**k it I'll post what I like about what I like. The mighty hunter brigade pissed me off a bit but oh well.

It's quite amusing how people get so offended about what another man feeds and works.

Any interested in the bitch progress I'll update as she sees some more

ATB Hannibal

• Like 9