The Six Nations

Another good result today regardless :thumbs:

I like the way the table looks right now ......... always good to see the frogs and wops in last places.

It'd be nice to see an England Wales 1st and 2nd :yes:

While I would agree with that sentiment, on yesterdays showing Wales are heading for fifth and can count themselves lucky they beat Italy. Until there is a change in the coaching set up that is about where we deserve to be. The most improved team on today's showing must be Italy they gave England a scare for 50 minutes. Once they started tiring though the class of England shone through.

TC

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads, this may be of interest to you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for Ireland v England on 18th March. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago t

I'lm going to watch Scotland v Ireland on Saturday, a Christmas present from the kids. Travelling up Friday and having the weekend up there. Not bothered who wins I just love watching the game. One to

Great game of rugby that was, either team could've won it..... just glad the Welsh didn't lol

Posted Images

Italy played a good game but they haven't got gears like England have -moved up through the gears when needed but will have to be better against jocks next week

true :thumbs: , yeh england have got deff put there foot down on the pedal against jocks next week, and for both 1/2s :yes: . but i think england will do it, it will be a very physical game , but england power /pace will show through in the end :thumbs:

• Like 1

Another good result today regardless :thumbs:

I like the way the table looks right now ......... always good to see the frogs and wops in last places.

It'd be nice to see an England Wales 1st and 2nd :yes:

While I would agree with that sentiment, on yesterdays showing Wales are heading for fifth and can count themselves lucky they beat Italy. Until there is a change in the coaching set up that is about where we deserve to be. The most improved team on today's showing must be Italy they gave England a scare for 50 minutes. Once they started tiring though the class of England shone through.

TC

Your boys seem to have lost their pride ....... that's not like the Welsh :no:

When their spirits are up they hit hard and play well :yes:

They just need to feel a couple of wins again. If they want it enough, they'll push right through to the last minute. They've done it before.

They need some veterans back from injury to inject confidence. They can do it, which is why it's so bloody frustrating when they don't.

I've said it before - when both teams are on form, you simply can't beat an England v Wales match :good:

• Like 1

well that certainly was one of the most interesting games have seen for years. the tactics used by the italians were brilliant, you wont see that kind of surprise again for a generation, honestly. fantastic coaching. and because it was a bolt from the blue the english were just lost. glad to say they got the hang of it after the break, and when they were going forward looked very very good at times. will not get that amount of space against better teams though. but they wont get ambushed like that again either. but saying that, i cant think of any other team who would have adjusted to deal with it much quicker. australia maybe? they are always a thinking side?

ireland were good against france, the french came to outmuscle them but the irish lads dug deep. some bruised bodies this morning!

and the scots look really good, best scots team i have seen for 15 years or more, seymour looked really sharp, and the gray boys and barclay were immense. scrum half very impressive too.

i fancy england to beat the scots by 10, what do you think, boys?

well that certainly was one of the most interesting games have seen for years. the tactics used by the italians were brilliant, you wont see that kind of surprise again for a generation, honestly. fantastic coaching. and because it was a bolt from the blue the english were just lost. glad to say they got the hang of it after the break, and when they were going forward looked very very good at times. will not get that amount of space against better teams though. but they wont get ambushed like that again either. but saying that, i cant think of any other team who would have adjusted to deal with it much quicker. australia maybe? they are always a thinking side?

ireland were good against france, the french came to outmuscle them but the irish lads dug deep. some bruised bodies this morning!

and the scots look really good, best scots team i have seen for 15 years or more, seymour looked really sharp, and the gray boys and barclay were immense. scrum half very impressive too.

i fancy england to beat the scots by 10, what do you think, boys?

fair point :thumbs: i got a feeling england will be really up for it just as the jocks will be, but england will dig deep and be the winner deff 10 the last 15 mins prob couple trys to finish it . if we do beat the jocks , it will be the irish at dublin , same again if england dig deep , and move the ball about and farrell on form we will win and lift the cup :yes:

You can see it in the England team a massive belief in themselves home or away I can't see them loosening ,I like the way the Scots are playing ,the Welsh are busy at the blame game this week big changes needed but have they got the depth?,...... Exciting stuff

No, he may of gone a bit far but Italy disrespected rugby by playing like that, do it for a few phases maybe but to avoid playing the contact area just to keep the score down wasn't good, especially with so many people now asking about promotion and relegation couldn't see a proud nation like Georgia playing like that.

The ref saying he was a ref not a coach when Haskell asked if he knocked players into the ruck would sort the problem out, yet he coached the Italians before the game by telling them what not to do in the situation and he also lacked consistency in reffing something he hadn't seen before and himself seemed out of his depth.

Biggest shock was that England didn't adapt in 5 minutes and just play old school pick and go through the gaps or Care float a nice ball just high enough for the Italian hand flappers to reach as Lawes or Itoje hammered their ribs through the other side of them and THAT I think was the reason Jones made such a fuss, to deflect the press onto him and the Italians and away from his players keeping their minds on the job, behind closed doors they got a week of hell in training though and they know it.

• Like 1

No, he may of gone a bit far but Italy disrespected rugby by playing like that, do it for a few phases maybe but to avoid playing the contact area just to keep the score down wasn't good, especially with so many people now asking about promotion and relegation couldn't see a proud nation like Georgia playing like that.

The ref saying he was a ref not a coach when Haskell asked if he knocked players into the ruck would sort the problem out, yet he coached the Italians before the game by telling them what not to do in the situation and he also lacked consistency in reffing something he hadn't seen before and himself seemed out of his depth.

Biggest shock was that England didn't adapt in 5 minutes and just play old school pick and go through the gaps or Care float a nice ball just high enough for the Italian hand flappers to reach as Lawes or Itoje hammered their ribs through the other side of them and THAT I think was the reason Jones made such a fuss, to deflect the press onto him and the Italians and away from his players keeping their minds on the job, behind closed doors they got a week of hell in training though and they know it.

It's nothing new though, they have been using the ploy in super 15 for over a year. It has been blown out of proportion simply because England did not know how to deal with it. It is almost the same as standing off a maul so that it cannot continue.

TC

Eddie Jones was asking world rugby to assist Italy in the week before the match , I think that he genuinely thought that the tactic used was not in the spirit of the game , do rugby fans really believe that it was good for the sport, I don't I want to see a team compete physically to the best of their ability with pride , if they lose at least they gave their all and can hold their heads high.