Trumps In Favour Of Torture ......

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we wouldnt still have the kids lying on the moors if we had of had torture for he likes of hindley n brady.

F@ck me your grammar just improved dramatically!

Anyone who would lock a human in a cage. Cover in petrol and set them alight. Deserves alot more than water boarding. Donald trump is the man.

Posted Images

Seems like trump may well allow his security boys to re start the water boarding lessons for terrorists that Obama stopped .........

MSM are misrepresenting a few things like the 'black site' paper that was 'leaked. Aside from that if it stops one attack I can't see the problem.

The bigger issue he has to tackle is reigning in the Saudis and Qatars who with the help of the CIA have helped create ISIS and AQ, Trump has inferred he is aware of this on a couple of occasions. Number 1 put Saudi balls in a vice, reign in their funding of extreme schools/mosques or they get cut off from the global community.....this would solve most problems in the future. Otherwise we are just battling with a self made problem which is very convenient as the government can keep adding more and more draconian laws....which of course they want!

It's interesting that the only posts on this thread so far are in favour. However in my opinion the state should never be allowed to torture nor kill. When they have these powers, there is nothing to stop the state from torturing and killing whoever they want to.

But it's only for those who've committed crimes that are evil enough or severe enough to warrant it, say many. Unfortunately that argument simply does not hold water, and history has proven this.

By condoning torture (and capital punishment), we make civilised society no better than the barbarians we fear. There are ways to extract information from the enemy without lowering ourselves to physical torture. Bear in mind too that if we continue to torture suspects in the West, the enemy will feel justified when they torture and kill captured allied service personnel.

• Like 3

It's interesting that the only posts on this thread so far are in favour. However in my opinion the state should never be allowed to torture nor kill. When they have these powers, there is nothing to stop the state from torturing and killing whoever they want to.

But it's only for those who've committed crimes that are evil enough or severe enough to warrant it, say many. Unfortunately that argument simply does not hold water, and history has proven this.

By condoning torture (and capital punishment), we make civilised society no better than the barbarians we fear. There are ways to extract information from the enemy without lowering ourselves to physical torture. Bear in mind too that if we continue to torture suspects in the West, the enemy will feel justified when they torture and kill captured allied service personnel.

They already do, If torturing a terrorist for information saves hundreds of lives so be it. What other method of extraction can you think of?? free meals and holidays for life for any information given??

• Like 1

They already do, If torturing a terrorist for information saves hundreds of lives so be it. What other method of extraction can you think of?? free meals and holidays for life for any information given??

I know, that is why I said 'will feel justified'! One thing is for sure, we have no clue whether or not physical torture of suspected terrorists will achieve anything. It's 2017 - we now have effective ways to obtain information without waterboarding,etc. There's plenty of material out there via google, for example.

• Like 1

While I agree pretty much with this post I will however repeat what I watched a senior Texas law enforcement officer say about the death penalty on a TV documentary.

He said that we as a society grant each other certain rights and in return we expect normal human behaviour........once you step outside that boundary of normal behaviour then we are well within our rights to say we no longer grant you a place amongst normal human beings and reserve to right to remove you from amongst us permanently.......you have in effect forefitted your rights as a human.

That made a lot of sense to me, but I agree that it's a dangerous power to grant governments

• Like 6

I know, that is why I said 'will feel justified'! One thing is for sure, we have no clue whether or not physical torture of suspected terrorists will achieve anything. It's 2017 - we now have effective ways to obtain information without waterboarding,etc. There's plenty of material out here via google, for example.

Can think of plenty of ways to extract information that are far superior to waterboarding.

Edited by desertbred