OutLawPete gave me a few recommended books on poaching and keepering from the old days, also another one called the Balance of Nature by George Abbey. All very interesting.

Think one was called While others sleep by Cyril Heber Percy and there were a few others but I don't know where they are right now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you just have to look at most of the spelling on here to realise most are extreme dyslexic.

The good lady BB is dyslexic.   There is a difference between illiterate and dyslexic.

If I go to someone's house and they have books on show, I can't resist having a look at what they've got. I think you can tell a lot about someone by the type of books they read.

Does practicing mathematics count lol , I started with going back to year 9 books then I will do grade 10 , I'm actually starting to find maths interesting .

Fair play to you, most find maths something to fear and avoid but to have the will to go back and make a fresh start, well done.

I love reading books of any kind (fiction, non fiction, biographies, etc) reading Ernest Hemingway atm men with out women which is a little boring but I am persevering. My favourite is James clavell and I have read all his books. I recently read contact iggulden's novels on Mongolia and thoroughly enjoyed them. I don't read as much as I used to though but I feel I would have missed out on A LOT if I never read.

• Like 2

I've got 3 going at the moment, an old football autobiography (David McVay if anyone remembers him) a trashy SAS type novel and coincidentally Eddie Chapman's first book.

Oh and an old edrd mag as well. :D

Cheers, D.

I'm the same at the minute D

Just finished an old Charlie Richardson book I found, halfway through walking the Amazon, Ed Stafford, and started a book by Ronnie Osullivan, his first novel, I'mm hundred pages or so in and I can't decide if it's shit or I'm not in the mood for it lol

Just finished an old Charlie Richardson book I found, halfway through walking the Amazon, Ed Stafford, and started a book by Ronnie Osullivan, his first novel, I'mm hundred pages or so in and I can't decide if it's shit or I'm not in the mood for it lol

if your a hundred pages in and it hasn't grabbed you yet f**k it off

I've got the Ronnie O'Sullivan Running next on

Cheers, D.

It's funny how some books grab you and some don't. A while back I bought Valentino Rossi's autobiography and Jorge Lorenzo's at the same time.

They've both had similar upbringings, got into motorcycling at an early age and both became world champions, but Rossi's book was fantastic and I read it in a few days. Lorenzo's book was shite and i couldn't even finish it.

if your a hundred pages in and it hasn't grabbed you yet f**k it off

That's what I'm thinking Greg... I'll give it another couple of chapters, it's alrightish

• Like 1

I've got the Ronnie O'Sullivan Running next on

Cheers, D.

This ones called Framed... bit of a London gangland thriller type thing, but not really convincing.....

It's funny how some books grab you and some don't. A while back I bought Valentino Rossi's autobiography and Jorge Lorenzo's at the same time.

They've both had similar upbringings, got into motorcycling at an early age and both became world champions, but Rossi's book was fantastic and I read it in a few days. Lorenzo's book was shite and i couldn't even finish it.

A few books really get you, I read the Da Vinci Code few years back on holiday and loved it, couldn't put it down, read inferno recently and wasn't nearly as good...

• Like 1

If I find a book that I'm interested in I can read it cover to cover in a couple of evenings but if I try a book just because someone's told me to try it but I'm not really interested I'll struggle to remember what I read 2 pages back.

• Like 2