Recruitment Agencies

can understand why folk wont come off benefits when all that's on offer is zero hours agency work, my lad signed up with one & they messed him about, sent him to places for work to find there was nothing for him, he is thankfully got a job with a proper contract now :thumbs:

Have you had any dealings and whats your opinions on them ?

Is it just the ones iv dealt with or do they all lie more than politicians ?

parasites mate, the English ones are better than the ones in Northern Ireland, Hayes don't even pay you the correct wages every week there's money not paid, the agency staff are spastics of the highest order, but the worst is the stigma attached to agencies, the firms think your a desperate bum just off the bru Edited by Lenmcharristar
  • Like 1

Theres lots of people working for agencies in the company I work for's line of work, they are treated pretty well in the main but the agency's priority is the agency and money, not the workers, they are 10 a penny nowadays, probably 20 a penny, mostly migrant Europeans.

Cheers, D.

• Like 3

Defo spastics, was on fortnightly wage as brickie, but never got paid on the Wednesday like I was supposed to, so rang up the Wednesday and complained, also did the same Thursday and Friday and every time spoke to a different person that said they would sort it . . . ended up with being paid three times. Lol

• Like 2

I done a bit of agency work, had to work for 3 or 4 to make sure I kept in work (sites), and it werent the best work, but got me some good contacts and better work. They will just use you and abuse you, but you can use it to get better, got mucked about by 1 outfit and told the site agent it was going pear shaped, so he took me on direct as a subby, the agency sent a rep round to tout, site agent sent a labourer to tell me keep my head down..

Firm I work for now use agency, anyone decent they will eventually hire, start at the bottom kind of work. They also have agency in to do some proper joe jobs and there they will stay, but it can be a good foot in the door. A good digging mate of mine is related to a head honcho at my firm and got me in to his office for a chat, the honcho sent me to the agency to sign up (had to go through the formality) done 7/8 months agency and got a contract. Others since havent been so lucky others have.

• Like 1

i worked for a driving agency for 6 months couple year ago class 2 lorries,payed me more than the drivers at the companys i went and worked for,i was fast reliable and never turned down a job and within a month they was giving me choices on what i wanted to do,i was getting permanent positions offered me by couple the companys worked for behind the agencies back to save the finders fee lol.

they done me a favour and kept me in work while i was deciding what the feck to do with myself 3 months in and i was offered a temp to perm contract on a cracking little job with good pay and bonuses......................................i turned it down,went got cushy little job as a van driver im usualy home and finished by breakfast lol

Theres lots of people working for agencies in the company I work for's line of work, they are treated pretty well in the main but the agency's priority is the agency and money, not the workers, they are 10 a penny nowadays, probably 20 a penny, mostly migrant Europeans.

Cheers, D.

The agencies ive experiebce of cater for the lower end of the skills market, just to clarify.

Cheers, D.