2 Days Without A Fag

I packed up for 25 years then started again !!!! I really enjoyed it for few years then packed up again feb 4th 2013 & not touched one since i used patches to start for first few weeks. Not a day goes by without me wanting one but know if i have one i'll be back on em!!!! Good luck with it bud. Atb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 days with a smoke, never knew finger nails could taste so good, but £16. better off up to now

Yep 25 years ago ... it's the same as giving up or starting anything ... it's down to your mental strength whether you succeed or fail ...... a strong mind will always win .....

If you can go 24 hrs you can go 24 years .....

If you are a big tea or coffee drinker it's probably best to cut right back. Nicotine and caffeine have a close relationship and are very similar drugs, they basically help metabolise each other. Take one away and you might find you're bouncing off the ceiling, that's why smokers can drink crazy amounts of coffee and not appear to be off their tits.

I've got a load of snus (swedish tobacco in pouches you put under your gum) on the way and will give that a go.

Done cold turkey a few times, the first few weeks are surprisingly easy but I find I get caught out in stressful situations and blow my stack over nothing so I really cannot be bothered with that at the moment.

• Like 2

I've got a load of snus (swedish tobacco in pouches you put under your gum) on the way and will give that a go.

Done cold turkey a few times, the first few weeks are surprisingly easy but I find I get caught out in stressful situations and blow my stack over nothing so I really cannot be bothered with that at the moment.

They used to sell them over here backalong. Skoal Bandits they were called if I remember rightly?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Fairplay to ye all for quitting. Once the first day is done that's it. Hang in there. I have eight weeks done sofar. Got up one morning and didn't bother with one. It's easier for some more than others I think. But if you really want to quit you will.

Atb j

If you can go 24 hrs you can go 24 years .....

Why does that sound like a voice of experience ? I hope so Socks

Yep 25 years ago ... it's the same as giving up or starting anything ... it's down to your mental strength whether you succeed or fail ...... a strong mind will always win .....

spot on ken, I stopped 25 years ago , and it prob the only thing in my life , I made a success of . here tip for anybody trying to quit the dirty bloody things, when you get a craving for one, DRINK glass of water , it deff helps :yes: and if outside take a orange with you, and eat it , 1st it will help with craving, 2nd it will give you some thing to do with your hands :thumbs: try it . :yes:

They used to sell them over here backalong. Skoal Bandits they were called if I remember rightly?

Cheers, D.

Yeh you can still buy Skoal in sweden but for some inexplicable reason (big pharma/tobacco company lobbying probably) all snus is banned in the EU and you have to order the stuff online. From what I've read there is no or little serious risk of any kind of cancer now they've done proper studies and since nicotine isn't bad for you harm reduction techniques where you remain addicted like vapes etc are a much better alternative for those people who cannot kick the addiction. I find patches to be too weak and it's easy to forget to put one on, you don't get the satisfaction of the hit in the morning either, gum is rancid and the spray even more so.