Cheap Property

I hear you but I've haven't had the chance to visit your side of the pond more like a ocean lol. I've been to Canada Vancouver twice to much city for me but nice to visit if that's what its lIke over there?. The thing with me I love to hunt kinda gets in the way if you want to save for things just ask my wife. It does suck if you work your whole life trying to put away something for the future. I like your analogy pinewood boxs lol.

Ottawa at the moment Quest,far quieter than Toronto.You thinking of pastures new Mr Colombo?

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true we were living just to pay a huge mortgage, when we talked about moving to the country I was always eyeing up houses just out of reach with all the things I dreamt of like a few acres, period

I don't think you have to move a million miles away to find peace... I moved just 10 miles away 10years ago from my home town and it's like another world. The only downside was it wasn't cheap but me

ha! was wicker ones but cardboard ones are now the vogue!   Most people are suited to the staying within the parameters which theyve grown up in, those parameters are probably nice places - comfy an

I don't know how some people can just up and leave on a whem? My son can do that he'll just up and leave go 800 miles to a new area I don't get it? We'll I'll have to say I did it once when I was 50 but it was real hard leaving family roots. More power to you if you can do it.

I hear you but I've haven't had the chance to visit your side of the pond more like a ocean lol. I've been to Canada Vancouver twice to much city for me but nice to visit if that's what its lIke over there?. The thing with me I love to hunt kinda gets in the way if you want to save for things just ask my wife. It does suck if you work your whole life trying to put away something for the future. I like your analogy pinewood boxs lol.

Ottawa at the moment Quest,far quieter than Toronto.You thinking of pastures new Mr Colombo?

Getting a bit bored here, would have to be an english speaking country though or possibly french, I still need to work but too old to learn a new language. Im working for a multi national company (un)fortunately as well as being self employed, maybe my day job could come in handy!

I don't know how some people can just up and leave on a whem? My son can do that he'll just up and leave go 800 miles to a new area I don't get it? We'll I'll have to say I did it once when I was 50 but it was real hard leaving family roots. More power to you if you can do it.

Wasn't hard for me mate, my roots and history got taken away from me by the government......I lived in a great little town, was ok for hunting and fishing, had loads of family, knew everybody and in 10 years flat they destroyed the place as we had known it......and made everyone pay for the privilege !!

Leaving was a blessed relief

Edited by WILF

When the Burkas and beards arrive it's not a hard choice to make

• Like 1

Them and the vast influx of Africans and Eastern Europeans........all my pals and most of my relatives have left.

Them and the vast influx of Africans and Eastern Europeans........all my pals and most of my relatives have left.

and some politician somewhere is patting themselves on the back......

I will never understand it

• Like 1

Getting a bit bored here, would have to be an english speaking country though or possibly french, I still need to work but too old to learn a new language. Im working for a multi national company (un)fortunately as well as being self employed, maybe my day job could come in handy!

We are like wind blown autumnal leaves mate,never quite able to settle,fire in our boots as my grand dad used to say,be lucky.
  • Like 3

I admire these lads who up sticks and leave the places they know while they still have a living to earn that must take some bottle....moving to a different culture and country was the hardest thing ive ever done and still havent made the move completely it will cause me and the wife to get divorced one day im sure of it.... shes ready and im not i think if she really put her foot down id just stay there as i quite like her :D but its a tough old thing to do adapting to a completely different life even if you know its for the best leaving behind what you know and feel comfortable around is still a difficult move to make in life ive had folk say to me you,ve gone from the gutter to paradise and your still hanging round the gutter why ?.....cant really explain it myself to be honest i wish i was as strong as some of you chaps who can just move on without even looking back over your shoulder i guess we,re all made different.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I admire these lads who up sticks and leave the places they know while they still have a living to earn that must take some bottle....moving to a different culture and country was the hardest thing ive ever done and still havent made the move completely it will cause me and the wife to get divorced one day im sure of it.... shes ready and im not i think if she really put her foot down id just stay there as i quite like her :D but its a tough old thing to do adapting to a completely different life even if you know its for the best leaving behind what you know and feel comfortable around is still a difficult move to make in life ive had folk say to me you,ve gone from the gutter to paradise and your still hanging round the gutter why ?.....cant really explain it myself to be honest i wish i was as strong as some of you chaps who can just move on without even looking back over your shoulder i guess we,re all made different.

You can't change who you are mate, but you don't have too......there are things you miss but your head has a funny way of only letting you remember the good stuff, there's plenty I miss but when I go back and see all the f***ing oddmarks and cameras and traffic wardens and police checkpoints and unhappy looking people it's reminds me why I f****d off and I can't wait to f**k off again.

• Like 3

You can't change who you are mate, but you don't have too......there are things you miss but your head has a funny way of only letting you remember the good stuff, there's plenty I miss but when I go back and see all the f***ing oddmarks and cameras and traffic wardens and police checkpoints and unhappy looking people it's reminds me why I f****d off and I can't wait to f**k off again.

I hate going back already and I've only been here since June

I've obviously adapted well and more importantly so has my daughter, it feels like we've always been here. I guess some things were meant to be. Funny how the worst year of your life can turn in to the best one so quickly :D

• Like 2

I had my reservations when we moved. I was born and raised in South London so i wasn't sure if i could cope with the quiet. Answer is yes I can! Lving every quiet moment of it.

I go back about once a month for various reasons (less if i can help it) and the constant traffic jams, traffic noise and as Wilf said, unhappy looking people, makes me count down the hours till I'm on my way back here.