Cheap Property

I don't think you have to move a million miles away to find peace... I moved just 10 miles away 10years ago from my home town and it's like another world. The only downside was it wasn't cheap but me and the Mrs have had our heads down and finally it's all started to pay dividends... It was a struggle at first but well worth the effort.... My ultimate dream is to have a small holding of some sort it's a long way off yet but I'm not letting it go.

• Like 4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true we were living just to pay a huge mortgage, when we talked about moving to the country I was always eyeing up houses just out of reach with all the things I dreamt of like a few acres, period

I don't think you have to move a million miles away to find peace... I moved just 10 miles away 10years ago from my home town and it's like another world. The only downside was it wasn't cheap but me

ha! was wicker ones but cardboard ones are now the vogue!   Most people are suited to the staying within the parameters which theyve grown up in, those parameters are probably nice places - comfy an

I don't think you have to move a million miles away to find peace... I moved just 10 miles away 10years ago from my home town and it's like another world. The only downside was it wasn't cheap but me and the Mrs have had our heads down and finally it's all started to pay dividends... It was a struggle at first but well worth the effort.... My ultimate dream is to have a small holding of some sort it's a long way off yet but I'm not letting it go.

That was the problem for us. Cheshire is ridiculously expensive and the Peaks have gone the same way.

We were set on Shropshire for a few years but we'd still ahve ended up with a big mortgage. Here I bought something for £175k, we have a tiny mortgage, money in the bank and it's a nice bungalow with potential. I'd love a smallholding but I don't want to have the stress of worrying where the bills are coming from ever again.

• Like 1

We go back to visit man..... has it change for the worse. The crime is going through the roof. More people have move in and the funny thing is they moved there to get away from what they didn't like where they came from. So they brought with the same thing they left. I'm not a hypocrite I left that area because out of need and want and went to a area ar first was worse than what I left. We move again to here where we fit in with the locals. I have to say I love it here and slap myself when I think of trying to change it.

The final straw though was when we got new neighbours, I popped round with a card and commented on how lovely and well behaved their three children were and I got a bloody mouthful of abuse!!

Cindy-Pugh-garbage-bags-photo-300x198.jp

• Like 2

I admire these lads who up sticks and leave the places they know while they still have a living to earn that must take some bottle....moving to a different culture and country was the hardest thing ive ever done and still havent made the move completely it will cause me and the wife to get divorced one day im sure of it.... shes ready and im not i think if she really put her foot down id just stay there as i quite like her :D but its a tough old thing to do adapting to a completely different life even if you know its for the best leaving behind what you know and feel comfortable around is still a difficult move to make in life ive had folk say to me you,ve gone from the gutter to paradise and your still hanging round the gutter why ?.....cant really explain it myself to be honest i wish i was as strong as some of you chaps who can just move on without even looking back over your shoulder i guess we,re all made different.

You can't change who you are mate, but you don't have too......there are things you miss but your head has a funny way of only letting you remember the good stuff, there's plenty I miss but when I go back and see all the f***ing oddmarks and cameras and traffic wardens and police checkpoints and unhappy looking people it's reminds me why I f****d off and I can't wait to f**k off again.

I hate going back already and I've only been here since June

I've obviously adapted well and more importantly so has my daughter, it feels like we've always been here. I guess some things were meant to be. Funny how the worst year of your life can turn in to the best one so quickly :D

Roughly where have you gone from and to Nik if its ok to ask.

I admire these lads who up sticks and leave the places they know while they still have a living to earn that must take some bottle....moving to a different culture and country was the hardest thing ive ever done and still havent made the move completely it will cause me and the wife to get divorced one day im sure of it.... shes ready and im not i think if she really put her foot down id just stay there as i quite like her :D but its a tough old thing to do adapting to a completely different life even if you know its for the best leaving behind what you know and feel comfortable around is still a difficult move to make in life ive had folk say to me you,ve gone from the gutter to paradise and your still hanging round the gutter why ?.....cant really explain it myself to be honest i wish i was as strong as some of you chaps who can just move on without even looking back over your shoulder i guess we,re all made different.

You can't change who you are mate, but you don't have too......there are things you miss but your head has a funny way of only letting you remember the good stuff, there's plenty I miss but when I go back and see all the f***ing oddmarks and cameras and traffic wardens and police checkpoints and unhappy looking people it's reminds me why I f****d off and I can't wait to f**k off again.

I hate going back already and I've only been here since June

I've obviously adapted well and more importantly so has my daughter, it feels like we've always been here. I guess some things were meant to be. Funny how the worst year of your life can turn in to the best one so quickly :D

Roughly where have you gone from and to Nik if its ok to ask.

We're in Anglesey, Cemaes Bay area. It's the most Northerly town in Wales. Really nice countryside up here and it's a massive bonus having the sea nearby :)

We're in Anglesey, Cemaes Bay area. It's the most Northerly town in Wales. Really nice countryside up here and it's a massive bonus having the sea nearby :)

Nice.....a pal of mine bought a place around Montgomery/Berriew way so ive spent a fair bit of time travelling around North Wales of late Llandudno is a place i really like we havent managed to get as far over as Anglesey yet but its all a smashing part of the world up there.

• Like 1

That could be my story.....I did exactly the same 10 years ago in the UK. About 10 miles up the road & the difference to my life was massive! Again the down side was the cost....I could only buy the smallest 1 bedroom house you can imagine, but the area was a breath of fresh air :-)

I could of bought a 3 bed place for the same money where I was from, which I was often reminded of! Haha.....but here's the thing, some folk just can't drag themselves from where they call home, no matter how shit they think it is......not even a few mile a away.

I'd still be there now if it wasn't for another twist of fate.....;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Nice.....a pal of mine bought a place around Montgomery/Berriew way so ive spent a fair bit of time travelling around North Wales of late Llandudno is a place i really like we havent managed to get as far over as Anglesey yet but its all a smashing part of the world up there.

Yeh it's amazing especially if you appreciate the countryside, you have a bit of everything here because of the way the rocks are, if the weather is bad it's just a 30-40 minute drive to the other side of the island for more shelter. Lots of rabbits and hare here as well and not a badger in sight lol There's no grey squirrels but plenty of reds and the bird life is brilliant :) It's also a great place for woodcock and snipe for the shooters :) If you ever visit get in touch and I'll bore you to death about the rocks lol

• Like 1

Yeh it's amazing especially if you appreciate the countryside, you have a bit of everything here because of the way the rocks are, if the weather is bad it's just a 30-40 minute drive to the other side of the island for more shelter. Lots of rabbits and hare here as well and not a badger in sight lol There's no grey squirrels but plenty of reds and the bird life is brilliant :) It's also a great place for woodcock and snipe for the shooters :) If you ever visit get in touch and I'll bore you to death about the rocks lol

sedimentary, metamorphic, or igneous? Lol

All three my fine fellow! We have the finest example of an accretionary arc/wedges in the UK and probably one of the best in the world :D

You should also visit :D

• Like 1

All three my fine fellow! We have the finest example of an accretionary arc/wedges in the UK and probably one of the best in the world :D

We can get hammered and stoned... Rave on! :laugh:

:D I have a craking geology hammer lol

Some jokes just fluorite over my head :hmm:
  • Like 1

Some jokes just fluorite over my head :hmm:

There's never a day I don't admire the 'cleavage' in these rocks....lovely 'orogeny' zones though....

• Like 1