Horses

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be very very careful some can be a nightmare day and night..

Daytime, you've some chance because a lot of horses know what a dog is, even if it's hunting. Personally, I'd walk through a field of horses if dogs were beside me quicker than cows with calves, no

Beware

I have a bit of permission that has a livery yard ....I dont bother with the dogs there only in the fields around it ..where there is horses there is usually electric fence too ...I was having a bit of trouble on this ground a woman accused me of nearly shooting her and a horse broke its leg one day and she was going about saying it had been grazed by a bullet ....A sure way of getting someones FAC taken off them ..lets just say I was raging and confronted her about her lies ....my mate that owns the place got rid of here and her horses ....the woman was known for not letting the truth get in the way of a good story .

There is another livery yard next too it and the lad that owns it asked me to sort out the rabbits ....I have never seen so much rabbits on one place ...WIDEBOY of here can confirm that looking through the NV on this ground there are litterly thousands ....the lad said he has another guy that lamps it so I turned it down ....one thing about horses on your ground is you will have problems no matter how care full you are ...so I said to the lad I will sort the rabbit problem if I am the only one with permission so if something happen I am the only one that can take the blame ....so i never bothered with the ground I have enough to be on with anyway ...

Its bang on what my mate said who owns the livery yard .....You know what I hate most about horses ?...there fukin owners ..lol

• Like 1

A horse thundering over a field your in in the pitch black of night aint my idea of pleasure. Have nipped in and out of land like that, preferred to lamp from the other side of the fence though if desperate for a run.

A friend of mine i used to dig with father is a farmer. His land was open for hunting till a couple of years ago when another friends beagles rallied a fox about and 2 horses got spooked and ran head first into each other. The result 2 dead horses, land removed from hunt and 2 friends (we all used to dig together) not talking. & this was daytime!

I have a bit of permission that has a livery yard ....I dont bother with the dogs there only in the fields around it ..where there is horses there is usually electric fence too ...I was having a bit of trouble on this ground a woman accused me of nearly shooting her and a horse broke its leg one day and she was going about saying it had been grazed by a bullet ....A sure way of getting someones FAC taken off them ..lets just say I was raging and confronted her about her lies ....my mate that owns the place got rid of here and her horses ....the woman was known for not letting the truth get in the way of a good story .

There is another livery yard next too it and the lad that owns it asked me to sort out the rabbits ....I have never seen so much rabbits on one place ...WIDEBOY of here can confirm that looking through the NV on this ground there are litterly thousands ....the lad said he has another guy that lamps it so I turned it down ....one thing about horses on your ground is you will have problems no matter how care full you are ...so I said to the lad I will sort the rabbit problem if I am the only one with permission so if something happen I am the only one that can take the blame ....so i never bothered with the ground I have enough to be on with anyway ...

Its bang on what my mate said who owns the livery yard .....You know what I hate most about horses ?...there fukin owners ..lol

Do you not think it would of been wrong to take that other blokes perm it was probably the only one he had poor cnut was prob knocking doors for years before he got it.

Edited by peterhunter86

Do you not think it would of been wrong to take that other blokes perm it was probably the only one he had poor cnut was prob knocking doors for years before he got it.

How the fuk do you know that..... you fukin mystic meg or something ?

• Like 1

How the fuk do you know that..... you fukin mystic meg or something ?

Where does it say i knew it??.

And if i was mystic fcuking meg i wouldnt of had to ask you.

Horses are easily spooked and will go through a fence very easy to get away

Or come after you and your dog, biting and kicking.

Lol I've had a couple of close scrapes like that at night :laugh: . f**k knows why I've put a laughing face up, it was anything but funny at the time :no: . It was many years ago, only took me the second time to fully comprehend what could easily have happened if I hadn't have dived over a railway embankment fence into some thick cover, (complete with lamp, battery etc) wich I lost in the same cover, with horse only a few yards behind me as I went over the fence, and the c**t was trotting back and forth actively looking for me! Lol. From that night on I have NEVER lamped land with horses in the near vicinity, as they can and do appear out of seemingly nowhere.

Only horses I've seen totally ok with dogs are horses that belonging to hunts, but that's only been in the daytime. Could, and probably would be different at night

• Like 1

I remember years ago lampin in a field that had 2 Shetland ponies I felt something beside me I though it was the dog and then the wee bustard bit me right on the back of the leg ...fukin shit myself and what a hoof (pardon the pun) the wee ginger bxstxrd got up the arse

I was lamping with a buddy of mine on his permission earlier in the season, and horses had been dropped on the land without permission of the land owner. Both me and my friend unaware of the horses, the dog we were running is usually a good dog and for some reason she just bolted into the next field. Thats when we heard the horses so we gave a shine to see the dog and there she was running tail between leg with 5 big black and white horses chasing the dog.

It was only down to pure luck and a bit of whit from the dog she dived headfirst into a heavy thorn thicket, to which a horse stuck its head in only for the dog to bite it on the nose. We then made noise and the horses bolted grabbed the dog and called it a night.

Morale of the story watch out for horses very close call.