Metal Detecting

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzie the first 1560's

Found this today.....     A half penny. Nothing special but one of my first coin finds so I'm chuffed to bits. Using my new garrett ace 250 can't wait to get back out with it.

Eric Lawes,old guy who died last year,the legend goes he was going into town to get some golf clubs as he was on the very of retiring and wanted a hobby to keep himself occupied,he saw a mate of his w

Posted Images

If you find yourself a high quality bronze age axe head it could be worth hundreds, they are really collectable. My lithic bladelets arent worth much, maybe a few quid matey, and my votive axe head might get £50 on ebay so Im not gonna make millions. Im just a sad tw*t who loves history! :laugh:

I don't think it's sad. You've held my interest so far... Or am I a sad twat too?

If you find yourself a high quality bronze age axe head it could be worth hundreds, they are really collectable. My lithic bladelets arent worth much, maybe a few quid matey, and my votive axe head might get £50 on ebay so Im not gonna make millions. Im just a sad tw*t who loves history! :laugh:

I don't think it's sad. You've held my interest so far... Or am I a sad twat too?

Haha. Maybe we are both sad twats! I tend to spend a lot of time doing research on the local area looking for long lost footpaths and where old houses have been and now gone. My favourite farm is one that is about 100 yards away from an old church. The monks used to live in the old farmhouse and walk across to and from the church, ive found some good stuff in those fields, back then you could basically "buy" your way to heaven by giving money to the church on your deathbed so i detect there a lot.

Yes,he does go in real life mate,i think bill wyman published a book on detecting?

yeah think your right ,can remember him on radio 4 talking about a book and hes love of the hobby!Cant be to many celebs into it ?
Top of my head i can think of dan ackroyd and robbie williams.

Yes,he does go in real life mate,i think bill wyman published a book on detecting?

yeah think your right ,can remember him on radio 4 talking about a book and hes love of the hobby!Cant be to many celebs into it ?
Top of my head i can think of dan ackroyd and robbie williams.

Thought you were winding me up there,so googled it ,Garth brooks,Hank Williams Jnr,NAS car racer stirling marlin and as you say Robbie are all into it ,wyman has a signature detector with Cscope .I guess its their way of getting away from it all ?

Haha. Maybe we are both sad twats! I tend to spend a lot of time doing research on the local area looking for long lost footpaths and where old houses have been and now gone. My favourite farm is one that is about 100 yards away from an old church. The monks used to live in the old farmhouse and walk across to and from the church, ive found some good stuff in those fields, back then you could basically "buy" your way to heaven by giving money to the church on your deathbed so i detect there a lot.

Awesome.

I might be inspired. I could definitely see me taking this up.

• Like 1

Mate, its a great hobby but it takes over your life and your work. Plenty of times Ive arrived at a farm to do a days mole trapping but within the hour Im swinging my detector about, and when it starts to hit you in the pocket and you dont care you KNOW its addictive. Good luck if you start it up though, send me a pm if you do. trappa

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04jy45z

Anybody seen this?

That looks like it might be worth a watch ,its got old boggle eyes out of The Office in it.
It was a great wee series definitely worth a watch :thumbs:
Loved it. Hope theirs another series
Series 3 has been commissioned but no word on when it will air yet
Summer 17 I read somewhere it's being filmed.
  • Like 2