The Knife Angel

A sculptor has created a 26ft statue of an angel, using knives collected during a national amnesty. Many of the blades have been engraved with the names of victims of knife crimes. It's hoped that the statue will eventually stand on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square........

I can't make my mind up - is it a sombre tribute to victims, or does it glorify violence in some way ?

http://www.alfiebradley.com/the-knife-angel

• Like 2

I like it. But personally I don't give much of a shit about folk dying from knife violence any more than I do any other cause and don't really see why they deserve a monument in their memory anymore than RTA victims do....

If it's a cause that matters to him/others then by all means stick it on some private ground but hardly seems appropriate being made an official public monument.

its a nice piece of work ,very skillfully done .what message! well im not sure . all to easy to blame the blade , when really it is the hand that wields it that is the problem .adrunken man behind the wheel of a car can kill or maim alot of people .the car only did what the driver made it do ... do we ban all cars . no we ban the fkn clowns who drive them in a dangerous manner.you can do alot of damage with a pointy stick if you have a mind to !!.

• Like 2

I saw this only last month its at an Ironworks place in Wales i forget the name of the area there was loads of big Iron animal statues for sale.....i only went there because they did a Falconry display :D interesting place though......some of the mental Shaolin type weapons on display were frightening to think spotty teenagers are carrying around such things !

Yeah like his work ! The Gorrilla made out of spoons is quite impressive!

There you go chief

spoons_zpsg76samv6.jpg

Some mad ol stuff there

monkey_zpshyvfycph.jpg

This was one i liked

deer_zpspyxi4l7a.jpg

Certainly a lot of work go,s into them......oh and my wife just informed me its in Oswestry not Wales......all the same to me.

• Like 2