Seen Dixie work a few times and all i can say is she was an honest working terrier that gave her all every time as did pip and others of the same bloodline.We are not machines same as our dogs are not and everyone has a favourite and its not nice when they go,at least she died where she grew up.

• Like 12

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not usually one for obituaries regarding dogs, but the last terrier alive in this photo was Dixie (2nd from left) and she died this morning aged 15. Nothing to be sad about as she had a great lif

I sure did DC. She was a terrier who thrived on work. I had a half brother of hers ,"Spike", at the same time. In their hay day I was digging anything between 3 and 6 days a week and Dixie and Spike w

I was going to like your post Neil but felt as though a " like " was inappropriate given the subject. I'm reminded of people that I've came across in the working dog world who, to coin a phrase, chang

Posted Images

Always sad to see em go, we only think of them at their best!! Glorious when we see off spring coming on working exactly as they did and rightfully so!!!Thinking I've got it right. How the yrs pass, what was a puppy all of a sudden is yr main dog and then a veteran in a blink.

Nice post from someone who cares!!! Thanks.

• Like 8

I sure did DC. She was a terrier who thrived on work. I had a half brother of hers ,"Spike", at the same time. In their hay day I was digging anything between 3 and 6 days a week and Dixie and Spike were getting the brunt of it. I remember often thinking am I over working them ?

Then I'd take them out and they'd play a blinder. They thrived on work.

Folk would look at Dixie and say that she must be a hard one, but no, she was a good steady type who looked like she did because of loads of hard work.

She was also a gentle old soul.

Only last year at 14 she was sitting on the passenger seat as I drove out the road one morning at around 5.

A fox ran across the road, Dixie seen it and landed on the steering wheel and nearly put me out through a hedge.

My daughter is 19 so has had Dixie around most of her life, so misses her dearly.

BUT, like I said, there's no point in sorrow. Dixie had the perfect life of a working terrier and earned the retirement she got.

Thanks for all the kind words lads :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: .

• Like 14

I sure did DC. She was a terrier who thrived on work. I had a half brother of hers ,"Spike", at the same time. In their hay day I was digging anything between 3 and 6 days a week and Dixie and Spike were getting the brunt of it. I remember often thinking am I over working them ?

Then I'd take them out and they'd play a blinder. They thrived on work.

Folk would look at Dixie and say that she must be a hard one, but no, she was a good steady type who looked like she did because of loads of hard work.

She was also a gentle old soul.

Only last year at 14 she was sitting on the passenger seat as I drove out the road one morning at around 5.

A fox ran across the road, Dixie seen it and landed on the steering wheel and nearly put me out through a hedge.

My daughter is 19 so has had Dixie around most of her life, so misses her dearly.

BUT, like I said, there's no point in sorrow. Dixie had the perfect life of a working terrier and earned the retirement she got.

Thanks for all the kind words lads :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: .

Seen both Dixie and Spike on there 1st digs and if memory is right both were down this country,definatly Spike.