Working After Litter

Seen it with three different bitches. The first of which I gave away to a neighbouring pack, whom she served well over the years. Definitely give her time to regain her strength & fitness & probably more so, to allow her hormones to settle down. Afford her a bit more leeway over the coming months. Our bitches returned to their usual selves again..

• Like 3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hormones, I've seen bitches hard as nails after a litter and I've seen bitches never work again after a litter. .......woman problems, men weren't meant to understand

I think you've answered your own question there mate. Get her tightened up make sure she has everything she needs, give her plenty of exercise and road walking, a good worming, good grub and plenty of

She had nine pups, and if reared properly then she had them til 8 weeks, and if they are 11 weeks now,then he's trying to work her after 3 weeks of coming away from them, she must be absolutely exaust

Old terrierman once told me that from two weeks before the season starts to the point you wean the pups is 4 month's give or take aweek and you should be looking at at least half that time to get her up and running again I used give mine at least 8 weeks and then start them off easy and never had a problem myself , do find bitches a pain about 2-3 weeks before they break down they are a bit nuts

• Like 3

Got a bitch here about 3years old had a litter , tried her back too work , ,I'm guessing too early , , she seems too of lost that keenness , she would scream too get in an earth which has been marked , anyway she has left too in drains , admittedly she couldn't of got too them through obstruction, one had debri inn and the other was partially collapsed , but I thought she would of been keen too try and get on instead of coming out , had a bit of bad luck with her as in the last two earths where it bolted before she really worked them hard , she had a big litter and I'm guessing her head is a bit all over the shit with hormones , in the pass she never let me down , I will give her time and try her again , just wondered on any other exsperiences , , ; her pups would be about 11 weeks now , she was dried up but a little saggy , frustrating and I'm sure I have t gave her enough time , she had nine pups , it must of beat her about a bit , any advice would be good

Cheers

that says it all really

Got a bitch here about 3years old had a litter , tried her back too work , ,I'm guessing too early , , she seems too of lost that keenness , she would scream too get in an earth which has been marked , anyway she has left too in drains , admittedly she couldn't of got too them through obstruction, one had debri inn and the other was partially collapsed , but I thought she would of been keen too try and get on instead of coming out , had a bit of bad luck with her as in the last two earths where it bolted before she really worked them hard , she had a big litter and I'm guessing her head is a bit all over the shit with hormones , in the pass she never let me down , I will give her time and try her again , just wondered on any other exsperiences , , ; her pups would be about 11 weeks now , she was dried up but a little saggy , frustrating and I'm sure I have t gave her enough time , she had nine pups , it must of beat her about a bit , any advice would be good

Cheers

Is this a wind up, and all other posts of encouragement, are they also a wind up. The only advice I can give yea is get out of dogs and get yourself a PlayStation.
  • Like 3

Cheers

Is this a wind up, and all other posts of encouragement, are they also a wind up. The only advice I can give yea is get out of dogs and get yourself a PlayStation.
Lollol why ye say that mary? Im far from terrierman but other than the bitch being 3 years old i dont see problem, and even at 3 its his call, he aint trying to sell pups. Atleast not that we know of haha but like i said, he must rate her to have bred her
She had nine pups, and if reared properly then she had them til 8 weeks, and if they are 11 weeks now,then he's trying to work her after 3 weeks of coming away from them, she must be absolutely exausted physically and mentally if it's her first litter, he'll shoot her tomorrow or the next day for jacking, 9 pups and he wouldn't leave her recover for anymore that 3 weeks, a kick in the bollox he wants, not advice.
  • Like 9

Cheers

Lollol why ye say that mary? Im far from terrierman but other than the bitch being 3 years old i dont see problem, and even at 3 its his call, he aint trying to sell pups. Atleast not that we know of haha but like i said, he must rate her to have bred her
She had nine pups, and if reared properly then she had them til 8 weeks, and if they are 11 weeks now,then he's trying to work her after 3 weeks of coming away from them, she must be absolutely exausted physically and mentally if it's her first litter, he'll shoot her tomorrow or the next day for jacking, 9 pups and he wouldn't leave her recover for anymore that 3 weeks, a kick in the bollox he wants, not advice.
you said it

I had a bitch that you could tell was coming in season 2 weeks before as she'd crawl out her kennel on her belly leaving a trail of piss behind her.She would then be pathetic for the next 3months then I'd go out one morning and she'd bounce out of her kennel and sprint round the garden like a nutter and wouldn't give a shirt about anything.Luckily she only came in once a year in early summer.

• Like 1

Once fully fit they should be ready as any to do as much as any thats my opinion.

Have to agree with that.

Glad to say I haven't had the stories that some lads are after describing. Must be a head wrecker to breed from a good bitch and see her quit after coming back to work after the litter.

• Like 1

Once fully fit they should be ready as any to do as much as any thats my opinion.

Have to agree with that.

Glad to say I haven't had the stories that some lads are after describing. Must be a head wrecker to breed from a good bitch and see her quit after coming back to work after the litter.

And a reason not to breed her again and from none of the litter .