First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

It's pointless arguing with this guy. Who cares whether he likes collie crosses or not?? He isn't going to change his mind and only want's you all to argue anyway. He cricises a dog for showing pain when it's lame FFS.

I don't criticise a dog for showing pain when it's laim I criticise a dog for sulking for 3 weeks because it's stumped it's toe! Me and FCC have arranged privately for him to come down with his lurcher so he can prove me wrong that this collie greyhound really is 100% single handed on ANYTHING, he's already confessed the dog isn't silent on everything it tackles so I can only imagine what it will do when he brings it down here for a real test haha, best of luck and I hope he proves me wrong

I know a collie grey in Scotland that shys away from nothing and he's more collie than grey !!

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen !

I only believe what I see ! Seen a 3 legged dog work this weekend eye opener

Totally agree and to be fair the lad has invited me out so he can do just that.

I know a collie grey in Scotland that shys away from nothing and he's more collie than grey !!

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen !

I only believe what I see ! Seen a 3 legged dog work this weekend eye opener

Totally agree and to be fair the lad has invited me out so he can do just that.
Can't be fairer than that show him what the dogs got ! Nothing to hid then good luck

It's all banter mate I think youv gathered by now I'm not a fan of collie crosses but like I said to you if you have a collie cross as game and hard as a good bull cross it's worth it's weight in gold, look forward to our meet

• Like 2

It's all banter mate I think youv gathered by now I'm not a fan of collie crosses but like I said to you if you have a collie cross as game and hard as a good bull cross it's worth it's weight in gold, look forward to our meet

Personally I very much doubt he's going to be as game and hard as a good bull cross but if he's as game and hard as a good collie cross then IMO he's a dog well worth owning and worth breeding from (which after all is what this thread was ment to be about). Keep us informed anyway.

Personally I very much doubt he's going to be as game and hard as a good bull cross but if he's as game and hard as a good collie cross then IMO he's a dog well worth owning and worth breeding from (which after all is what this thread was ment to be about). Keep us informed anyway.

So your basically saying exactly what Iv said I'm not disputing the dogs a good collie cross but what I am saying I don't believe the dog will stand and take the amount of stick a good bull cross can, my mates collie cross makes the bull crosses iv had look stupid on rabbits and long ears but on anything bigger and harder it's not in the same league so I'm not saying there all bad dogs there just not hard dogs

• Like 2

The lad originally wrote a post asking about half cross collie greyhounds and I have my oppinion which I still stand by, I can only go on what I have seen with my own eyes not what I have Hurd, and what I have seen is collie greyhound after collie greyhound spewing left right and centre, only seen one half cross run which my mates still had the dog has never caught anything, it's yaps whilst running and spewed on a Charlie cub back in on the 11/04/2003 wether it's the owners fault or not it's still what I have seen with my own eyes, and I still stand by the fact that I think for any quarry there is a better cross than the collie greyhound

Rabbits - beddy/whippet or whippet/greyhound both crosses hardier,

Hares (pre ban) saluki/greyhound

Fox (pre ban) 3/4 bull/greyhound or wheaten/greyhound or gsd/greyhound

Deer (pre ban) 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound or deerhound/greyhound

It's my opponion

Edited by Shaddy93

Don't think anyone on here ever said a collie x is as game as a bull x.

You came on about three posts saying collie xs can't do this or that..

When they can.

If I was only after stuff you can't eat, then I'd get a bull x. But I doesn't mean there isn't collie xs ain't capable as alot are.

If I wanted a dog for all edible I wouldn't get a bull x lol

• Like 1

Don't think anyone on here ever said a collie x is as game as a bull x.

You came on about three posts saying collie xs can't do this or that..

When they can.

If I was only after stuff you can't eat, then I'd get a bull x. But I doesn't mean there isn't collie xs ain't capable as alot are.

If I wanted a dog for all edible I wouldn't get a bull x lol

You say lol at the end said bull crosses can't catch edible stuff as good as a collie cross? Bare in mind there are different ways bull crosses are bred, for instance a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull will while up rabbits as good as any collie cross, and strong and brave enough to pull down a fallow too