Countrymans Weekly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to do an article on this, but somehow I think that it might not be publishable! The thing is that the whole hare coursing debate is very divisive. On the one hand you have landowners who are

If a law is unjust, biased, unenforceable in its present form then surely the Law should be revoked or at the very least be reformed or redrafted. The United Kingdom has different legislation regardin

There's a new magazine coming out for those who think they're too hard core for the CMW . It's called "YOB DOG and RUNNING AWAY," it's sponsored by SUBARU.

Is there anyone on this forum assocated with this magazine ? As I would love to know if they will be will ever be doing any features on why the law should be changed for hare coursing ,as I feel they seem to sit on the fence

Write an article and submit to them.

Edited by Allan P
  • Like 1

I'd love to do an article on this, but somehow I think that it might not be publishable! The thing is that the whole hare coursing debate is very divisive. On the one hand you have landowners who are sick of those who drive the land, cause damage etc, and on the other you have the very responsible and respectable people who do/did have permission to course. There are still landowners who would allow coursing if they didn't feel that it would attract the 'wrong' sort of people. Trouble is that so much of the prime coursing land is as flat as can be, and whatever people are doing on the land can be seen for miles and miles. Stands to reason that if someone who has no respect for the hares, the land, the owner, sees someone who does meet all those criteria engaging in coursing they automatically think that the land holds hares and they then go and run that land without giving a flying f*ck.

It's the age old story of a few ruining it for the others. Personally, I can't see what good an article would do. Those with any sort of intelligence know the score; those who don't care will never change their ways, and a highly visible activity that seems to attract a heap of people is always going to split opinions, far more so than just one person quietly ferreting or lamping. It's just a shame that the no-goods have ruined it for the rest of us.

• Like 16

If a law is unjust, biased, unenforceable in its present form then surely the Law should be revoked or at the very least be reformed or redrafted. The United Kingdom has different legislation regarding Hunting with Dogs in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, , surely any laws within the United Kingdom should be uniform and consistent. From its conception to its implementation the Hunting with dogs Act is unjust and it is agreed by the Justice and Legal fraternity as well as the CPS and the Police that it is a badly drafted piece of legislation, it was forced through the Parliament by Blair in order to appease certain lobbyist groups who by their own actions and activities break and contravene far more Laws than any Man or Woman hunting with a Dog. In my own opinion none of the Hunting Associations or pro Country activity publications maintain sustained pressure campaigns for the repeal of the whole Hunting with Dogs Act The RSPCA funds donated for animal care are used to prosecute private cases that the CPS feel should not be prosecuted even judges have commented in the past about abuse of the charitable funds. The Pro Hunting lobby dont appear to have a sustained campaign to combat the propaganda of the Antis including the publicly licence funded BBC . If the present Hunting with Dogs Act isnt revoked or drastically amended like a cancer it will spread to other untouched activities like pigeon racing already greyhound racing and fishing are under scrutiny.

People said the Referendum on leaving the EU would never happen or be sucessful well the outcome is there the same can and should happen with the Hunting with Dogs Act. This is not only about Hare coursing its about Hunting and country activities until people stop the divisions of coursing, shooting, fox hunting etc the possibility for change will remain a mirage . People are to ready to buy into the guff about transit van loads of scruffy drug taking, beer swilling thieving vagabonds, roaming the country side with dozens of half starved flea ridden coursing type dogs on bits of bailing twine, gambling for thousands of pounds and terorrising game keepers and Farmers. Infact some of the best cared for animals of all types are owned by law abiding ordinary family men and Women who want the right to continue country pass times as generations before have done.

Skycat write the article then all folk contact CMW to find out why it isnt being published and promoted. Tim Bonner is hounding the BBC about biased reporting, Folk should complain to their Mp,s about the very same thing, individual voices wont change much but collectively it can be different

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 11

If a law is unjust, biased, unenforceable in its present form then surely the Law should be revoked or at the very least be reformed or redrafted. The United Kingdom has different legislation regarding Hunting with Dogs in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, , surely any laws within the United Kingdom should be uniform and consistent. From its conception to its implementation the Hunting with dogs Act is unjust and it is agreed by the Justice and Legal fraternity as well as the CPS and the Police that it is a badly drafted piece of legislation, it was forced through the Parliament by Blair in order to appease certain lobbyist groups who by their own actions and activities break and contravene far more Laws than any Man or Woman hunting with a Dog. In my own opinion none of the Hunting Associations or pro Country activity publications maintain sustained pressure campaigns for the repeal of the whole Hunting with Dogs Act The RSPCA funds donated for animal care to prosecute private cases that the CPS feel should not be prosecuted even judges have commented in the past about abuse of the charitable funds. The Pro Hunting lobby dont appear to have a sustained campaign to combat the propaganda of the Antis including the publicly licence funded BBC . If the present Hunting with Dogs Act isnt revoked or drastically amended like a cancer it will spread to other untouched activities like pigeon racing already greyhound racing and fishing are under scrutiny.

People said the Referendum on leaving the EU would never happen or be sucessful well the outcome is there the same can and should happen with the Hunting with Dogs Act. This is not only about Hare coursing its about Hunting and country activities until people stop the divisions of coursing, shooting, fox hunting etc the possibility for change will remain a mirage . People are to ready to buy into the guff about transit van loads of scruffy drug taking, beer swilling thieving vagabonds, roaming the country side with dozens of half starved flea ridden coursing type dogs on bits of bailing twine, gambling for thousands of pounds and terorrising game keepers and Farmers. Infact some of the best cared for animals of all types are owned by law abiding ordinary family men and Women who want the right to continue country pass times as generations before have done.

Skycat write the article then all folk contact CMW to find out why it isnt being published and promoted. Tim Bonner is hounding the BBC about biased reporting, Folk should complain to their Mp,s about the very same thing, individual voices wont change much but collectively it can be different

as much as we disagreed in other subjects, your bang on here, totally agree, which is why you should have stayed on the lurcher club committee

The CMW can be bought in most newsagents and within it's pages it shows the respectable folk and their animals and for this very reason it's a good thing.

Whether the articles are to your taste is a matter of opinion.

But I'd bet that if someone wrote good articles about coursing in the good old days and how coursing can run in your blood and be addictive that they would publish them.

• Like 6

Cmw was a good read years ago [BANNED TEXT] it was the shooting news..... Used to enjoy reading daergi,s digging articles , phill lloyds stuff was good as well, now it's pure rotten money making mag ..... Think it's aimed at kids with articles how to make a ferret court an how to clean rabbits just garbage in it waste of money edrd a better read .

• Like 1

Cmw was a good read years ago [BANNED TEXT] it was the shooting news..... Used to enjoy reading daergi,s digging articles , phill lloyds stuff was good as well, now it's pure rotten money making mag ..... Think it's aimed at kids with articles how to make a ferret court an how to clean rabbits just garbage in it waste of money edrd a better read .

The CMW can be bought in most newsagents and within it's pages it shows the respectable folk and their animals and for this very reason it's a good thing.

But I'd bet that if someone wrote good articles about coursing in the good old days and how coursing can run in your blood and be addictive that they would publish them.

I've written a few articles about how brilliant coursing is, and they are published, so long as you talk in the past tense and sub title the article: Down Memory Lane or make it obvious you are talking about before the ban came in. Darcy has also done articles on coursing.

• Like 2

I've written a few articles about how brilliant coursing is, and they are published, so long as you talk in the past tense and sub title the article: Down Memory Lane or make it obvious you are talking about before the ban came in. Darcy has also done articles on coursing.

I dont read Country mans weekly but just out of curiosity do they or have they published articles on behalf or by the LACS or any individuals from the anti hunting groups? Or even by the RSPCA in respect of any hunting activities? if so are these always written in the past tense?

Not read it in years, since they started printing articles that were worded just slightly different ,the feeding your lurchers on homemade stew from supermarket stuff, I had previous one in some clippings up in the loft,stopped buying it then, put a deerhound Lurcher for sale in there once,cost a fortune and the amount of knuckleheads asking after it ,I refused to give my address out and gave the dog to a rehoming place an it went to a pet home.an I still had calls about it nearly year later from people buying bundles of them at carboot sales. Even when I seen it in newsagents had a flick through still wouldn't buy it.