Down's Syndrome Boxer Danny Mardell Wins Iba World Title

Come across this video on youtube last night. Danny seems a right character. Want something to put a smile on your face, then watch this. Well done Danny lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubeEDfTQSA&list=LLa8drXvY__dQzw298PN4pAA&index=1

Absolutely brilliant. Tears of joy running down my face as I type this.

TC

• Like 2

Come across this video on youtube last night. Danny seems a right character. Want something to put a smile on your face, then watch this. Well done Danny lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubeEDfTQSA&list=LLa8drXvY__dQzw298PN4pAA&index=1

Absolutely brilliant. Tears of joy running down my face as I type this.

TC

Looks like he's well loved in his Community. Used to have a lad with downs on my case-load in my old job and he was bang into the TV programme Casualty, he used to phone the Ambulance Service to his house and have his Mum and Dad's heads up the wall, he was also a character.

Smashing lad Danny,smashing family as well i knew the father Danny Snr for many years he tragically passed away about 10 years ago now but not before he had a book published detailing the struggles he had as a father of a downs kid ....might be an interesting read for some of you chaps as he was very open about the embarrassment and self esteem issues he started out with which gradually turned to massive pride......Danny Snr was no angel but had a great honesty which served him well as a family man/friend and a very good businessman.

Little Danny represents a charity called Dannys Knockout Challenge which has raised upwards of half a mill over the years and put him in many nice sporting situations that showed the character of the boy of which the ol man would take great satisfaction and rightly so.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Smashing lad Danny,smashing family as well i knew the father Danny Snr for many years he tragically passed away about 10 years ago now but not before he had a book published detailing the struggles he had as a father of a downs kid ....might be an interesting read for some of you chaps as he was very open about the embarrassment and self esteem issues he started out with which gradually turned to massive pride......Danny Snr was no angel but had a great honesty which served him well as a family man/friend and a very good businessman.

Little Danny represents a charity called Dannys Knockout Challenge which has raised upwards of half a mill over the years and put him in many nice sporting situations that showed the character of the boy of which the ol man would take great satisfaction and rightly so.

That book when written with honesty and pride (going by what you say) can only help others in the same boat, credit to him. The way I see it is that these parents are blessed. though it might not seem that way when first diagnosed. 1 missing chromeosone is all it takes. Danny deffo looked like he enjoyed the night.

Edited by flipbull

I once fought a blind kid on the judo mat when I was younger. Concessions were made to allow the match to begin in light contact.

Fuuck me could that kid fight! Everything he did was through feeling, it was an incredible eye opener for me and that's coming from a guy with two disabled parents ;)

Crack on that lad ?